I received my Priv, and although it takes some getting used to, I enjoy it....I guess.... I don't like the music issue, no bass boost that I've found. I started out with Black Player, just switched to Phonograph..Coming from a HTC One M7 (with Beats audio), this is a BIG letdown.

But I'm reading the reports and articles about the device, and I'm seeing a bigger issue - the plan isn't working. So far, the Priv isn't bringing the sales as hoped, and I feel like I'm on a time clock until September - the month Chen says it will be decided whether or not BB will continue in hardware. Early indicators are not looking good and some are even writing "obituaries". It concerns me that I've waited for this, even tho I knew it was BB's "hail Mary", and paid more than I should have (I'm on Vzw), but I was hoping for the best.

Now that its not panning out - I'm a little nervous that I'll have a brand new....brick....before year end. Is anyone else concerned? Or is it just too early to tell?

Thanks for your thoughts...
    04-09-16 03:38 PM
    No need to worry. John Chen just committed to two more Android Blackberrys this year, likely a candy bar style and a PKB phone. Check out the article at http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ceo...android-phones. And I don't think you need to worry about Bricking out either. BlackBerry has better support than Samsung, and even if they did get totally out of the business, you would still have a quality product that would likely have support for at least 3 years after they exited the market. It's BlackBerry - so it's win/win.

Posted via CB10
    smcv and Mr4aces like this.
    04-09-16 04:08 PM
    JC commitment plus a dime gets you a coinbox phonecall (I'm old...now more)...

That said, I have it for a coupl'a days & it's a very good fone...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-09-16 04:23 PM
    In one word: No

In more than one word: not really. John Chen did the only sensible thing he could do, aka price the Priv above the competition on account of it being secured by BlackBerry. (Sensible because a since it'd be all but impossible to increase the price down the road). It appears like 'secure androids' isn't still considered a clear enough differentiation.

When they launch the mid end devices, sales hopefully will pick up on the corporate side. The consumer side is still a big question mark. Especially state side.
    04-09-16 05:09 PM
    "Brick" is the least of my worries. We will have Marshmallow soon and life will be all good for the foreseeable future no matter what BlackBerry does.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-09-16 06:05 PM
    They need to launch an all touch android device. Cut the cost of the physical keyboard, and price it lower than competitions like and kind.

Posted via the CryBerry App for overly sensitive babies on a forum moderated by overly protective mothers.
    Maybe sooner than you think but I don't know about the Pricing it below the competition

Posted via My BlackBerry PRIV cause I'm a Priviot
    04-09-16 06:29 PM
    Signature =greatest !!
    They need to launch an all touch android device. Cut the cost of the physical keyboard, and price it lower than competitions like and kind.

Posted via the CryBerry App for overly sensitive babies on a forum moderated by overly protective mothers.
    04-10-16 02:10 AM
    Signature =greatest !!
    lol it got me banned for a few days. don't care though.
    04-13-16 05:04 PM
    Marshmallow is coming in a few weeks. BlackBerry committed to two new phones in the next 12 months. Your Priv will be good for a couple of years at the minimum even if BlackBerry gets out of the hardware business.

Remember, it's just a device. If BlackBerry stops making phones, consider the Priv as your transition to Android...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    04-13-16 05:12 PM
    All the best people get banned from here. It's terrible. I spoke about it, watch them ban me now! LMAO. Hilarious, "over protective mothers" ...

04-13-16 05:58 PM
    Thought Police

04-13-16 06:00 PM
    What is the secondary gain to CB in the surveillance to this extent?
    04-13-16 07:11 PM
    Even if they're did exit hardware completely, which is unlikely in the next year or more, they would still be a software and services company...and with that I assume would include software support and updates for existing devices for at least some time after that. So I'm confident I'll get at least 2-3 years use out of my Priv before it time for an upgrade....hopefully to a new BlackBerry all touch android device!

04-13-16 07:59 PM