Hi all. I recently upgraded to a priv from a z10. My Uconnect system in my jeep does not recognize the mobile numbers in my BlackBerry contacts app. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    04-02-16 12:39 PM
    WELCOME to Crackberry.

What happens or does not happen? What do the contact numbers look like? How old is the Jeep? My Subaru connects just as my Z30 did before.
    04-02-16 03:52 PM
    Delete the pairing and redo it. Make sure you download the phone book when pairing and wait for it to finish. It should work as mine is working fine.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-02-16 06:25 PM
    thank you for the response. It's a 2016 Wrangler which my z10 had no issues with. I can say 'call name home' and it's good but it will not let me 'call name mobile'.

Strange for sure. I will try unpairing and pairing again as the other response suggested.

Thanks again.

WELCOME to Crackberry.

What happens or does not happen? What do the contact numbers look like? How old is the Jeep? My Subaru connects just as my Z30 did before.
    04-14-16 04:20 PM
    Thank you. I will give it a shot.
    04-14-16 04:21 PM
    I will confirm my 14' Cherokee 8.4 nav u connect system does download my phonebook from my Priv. I do get random disconnects from Bluetooth tho. Anyone else? No connection issue's with my old passport so I know it has something to do with the Priv and not the car.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-14-16 04:46 PM
    Thanks for the help guys but unfortunately it still didn't work. I deleted the pairing in my jeep and on my priv and it still wouldn't download the phonebook. Said my device did not support that feature, or something along those lines. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Getting frustrated.
    Thanks
    04-24-16 01:00 PM
    Idle musings. Could it depend on the nature of your phone book or contacts? Gmail, internal only, sim located?
    04-24-16 02:25 PM
    I am just using blackberry contacts. I have still not having any luck.
    06-07-16 07:53 PM
    No issue here with a '13 Grand Cherokee UConnect and the Priv. Based on issues with my BB10 devices, I'd recommend a phone reboot, turning the car on and letting UConnect boot (download traffic data if applicable), then pairing. I'd allow the connection to remain active for at least 20 minutes since I've experienced missing contacts even after the transfer was supposedly complete.
    06-07-16 08:29 PM
    I will confirm my 14' Cherokee 8.4 nav u connect system does download my phonebook from my Priv. I do get random disconnects from Bluetooth tho. Anyone else? No connection issue's with my old passport so I know it has something to do with the Priv and not the car.

I launched a service ticket with this exact issue. After some initial correspondence with BlackBerry Support, they said that they would pass it on to the dev team and that they had no further information for me. Basically, they said, "uhhh, we don't know "

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 11:11 PM
    Works fine on my grand cherokee. Can't help

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 12:12 AM
    Try downloading the new Update released in the last few days, my uncles PRIV would not connect to is Cadillac after the MM update last month despite a lot of effort to try to get it to work(tried multiply PRIV's), but after this new update it connected without even having to try to repair it.
    06-08-16 08:33 AM
    Tried after the last update, same results. Can't stay connected. I'm in Verizon so no MM update yet, just monthly update earlier this week.
    06-11-16 08:13 AM
    Go into bluetooth settings - what ever your jeep is called - hit the settings and make sure contact sharing is turned on.
    I'm guessing it is, cuz you say will work for some contacts, but it never hurts to state and check the obvious.
    06-11-16 10:24 AM
    Works fine with my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee on 8.4 Nav Uconnect

06-11-16 02:29 PM
    works fine on my 2016 jeep cherokee traihawk
    06-11-16 04:39 PM
    Any news on this front? I still can't get it to work with mobile numbers....work and home are fine but it will not let me dial a mobile number. If I say 'call blank mobile' the voice comes back and says 'call blank at home, is this correct' ... frustrated!
    07-28-16 09:43 AM
    Any news on this front? I still can't get it to work with mobile numbers....work and home are fine but it will not let me dial a mobile number. If I say 'call blank mobile' the voice comes back and says 'call blank at home, is this correct' ... frustrated!
    Are the mobile phone numbers in the car's system? Maybe it only grabs x number of phone numbers for each contact? Oh, from what I THINK I see in my Subaru, the numbers are copied over to the car's system. I don't THINK that the car's system is scanning the phone for contact info at the time of the call. Because when I edited my phone's contacts to eliminate a second "Supercuts" number, it still showed up on the car's system until I reloaded the contacts to the car's system.
    07-28-16 11:50 AM
    Are the mobile phone numbers in the car's system? Maybe it only grabs x number of phone numbers for each contact? Oh, from what I THINK I see in my Subaru, the numbers are copied over to the car's system. I don't THINK that the car's system is scanning the phone for contact info at the time of the call. Because when I edited my phone's contacts to eliminate a second "Supercuts" number, it still showed up on the car's system until I reloaded the contacts to the car's system.
    No its only copying the home and work tagged numbers.
    07-30-16 12:03 PM
    No its only copying the home and work tagged numbers.
    Where are your contacts stored? Locally? Sim card? Could the mobile numbers be stored differently?
    07-30-16 01:05 PM
    My contacts are stored in BlackBerry contacts which is the default contacts manager. I'm not sure how to check where else they might be stored.
    07-30-16 01:08 PM
    I'm not sure if this will help.

Open Contacts. Show All Contacts. Hit the upper LEFT menu. See if everything is in generally one "account."

I guess you could perform an experiment or two. Open your contacts and edit a few of them, changing the phone type to work, home, mobile even if they are not - just to change things up. Re-pair with the car and see if some stuff now shows or is now gone? Make sure to keep a record of what you've changed as syncing might carry out those edited (for testing only) to your main copies elsewhere.

You might want to contact BB

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    07-30-16 03:56 PM
    Thanks a lot. I am travelling now but I will give it a shot. I do know that if I change a 'mobile' to 'home' it will dial if I say call bank 'home'.
    Thanks again.
    07-30-16 04:35 PM