I'll start off by saying I had this same problem with the hub on BlackBerry 10.. I had some back and forth about it with Michael Clewley about a year ago, and I don't know if he didn't understand what I was saying or just couldn't replicate the issue but either way it didn't go anywhere. It's a major problem in my day to day workflow, and it didn't seem it would ever be solved on BB10 so it was one of the things I was very excited about with moving to android.. obviously I am able to use the gmail app on android now and that does work, but I would much prefer to use the hub so hopefully I can get some eyes on this a solution can be found.

So here goes..

My company uses a messaging platform to send emails, the software combines several other functions for us aside from front desk and messaging but that's neither here nor there. At one point it used to send message 'as' the person logged, using their individual corporate email but our email is not hosted by the company that does the messaging so due to anti-spam guidelines etc ect at some point last year they moved to sending mail from no reply address on their server and using our addresses as a 'reply-to'. This is neither here nor there either however, because the issue doesn't really have anything to do with us specifically, it's present when I attempt to reply to ANY mail that has a different reply to address then the from address, I just happen to encounter it about 100 times a day from within my office.

Here you can see the message I received, screen shot from gmail interface of my google apps account using firefox) The message comes from an address with the domain @lwolf.com, these are facticious and replys to them bounce back, so there is also a 'reply-to' address which is the one with the domain @century21.ca - no problem so far.

Here you can see when I reply from the browser it works properly.. my reply is sent to the @century21.ca address and not the @lwolf.com address. This also works properly when replying from the gmail interface on the mobile web, or from the gmail app on my device.

But here where I reply from the hub you can see that it sends the reply to the lwolf.com address and completely ignores the reply-to address..

Notes:
    -The email provider is google apps(paid account), and it's setup in the hub as an EAS account. The issue does not appear to affect IMAP Setups
    -The hub is updated to the latest version (1.1.1.7958)
    01-11-16 03:59 PM
    Are you sure it's setup as EAS and not IMAP? There's a known bug that's being fixed as we speak (literally watching the patches go up) against IMAP, but not known on EAS.

Did you just enter your email address on the Hub setup screen and have it proceed or did you elect to set it up manually?
    01-11-16 05:14 PM
    Absolutely positively EAS.. I set it up manually as I know the automated setup goes IMAP.

Priv hub not handling reply-to addreses properly-17794.jpg

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my BlackBerry Priv
    01-11-16 08:01 PM
    Thanks. Circling with the team.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    01-11-16 10:46 PM
    Thanks. I appreciate it. Feel free to shoot me an email if you need un-redacted screen shots or device logs etc.

Unrelated. But since I've got your attention I also had a calendar invite the hub wouldn't open today. Same account (Google Apps as EAS) the Gmail app opened it fine and prompted me to open it in the BlackBerry calendar.. Not a huge deal for as often as I use calendar invites but thought you might like to know.

Priv hub not handling reply-to addreses properly-17806.jpg

01-12-16 04:41 PM
    Does that happen constantly or just once? If the former I might get in touch to get logs.
    01-12-16 04:54 PM
    Does that happen constantly or just once? If the former I might get in touch to get logs.
    First time I've noticed it. But it may be the first one I've received since I got the priv. As I mentioned I don't do a lot with calendar invites. I should be able to send myself a few from another address and see though. I'll let you know.

01-12-16 07:09 PM
    Nope. I checked back in my history. I've got a bunch of other .ics attachments from meetup.com and they're all fine.

01-12-16 07:15 PM
    Any updates on this?

01-22-16 06:13 PM
    Got a hub update today. Problem persists.

01-28-16 07:00 PM
    Okay that really frustrates me...circling again. Can you PM me? Going to need to get logs.
    01-29-16 08:38 AM
    Actually wait - are you referencing hte reply to issue, or the calendar issue? Should have clarified first
    01-29-16 10:48 AM
    Actually wait - are you referencing hte reply to issue, or the calendar issue? Should have clarified first
    The reply to issue as described in the first post of this thread. My reply's still go to the from address and not the reply to address with my Google Apps account over EAS.

01-29-16 06:15 PM
    The reply to issue as described in the first post of this thread. My reply's still go to the from address and not the reply to address with my Google Apps account over EAS.

Okay that's what I feared...PM me and I'll get logs. Frustrating for sure.
    01-29-16 06:37 PM
    Any updates ? Did the logs help at all?

Really getting frustrating to have to close the hub and open the Gmail app each time I want to reply to message from the office!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-19-16 07:03 PM
    Any updates ? Did the logs help at all?

Really getting frustrating to have to close the hub and open the Gmail app each time I want to reply to message from the office!

Yeah they helped a lot. We had to dive a bit deeper still, but have found that Google doesn't seem to format things correctly on their end when they send the mail for this specific account setup. It's kind of weird, not sure why it would be different than everything else. Trying to see if there's a way to work around it at the moment.

Do you know if you've seen any other email clients that supported it with this account?

Sorry for the delay in update. Has been an insane few weeks.
    02-21-16 10:04 AM
    Yeah they helped a lot. We had to dive a bit deeper still, but have found that Google doesn't seem to format things correctly on their end when they send the mail for this specific account setup. It's kind of weird, not sure why it would be different than everything else. Trying to see if there's a way to work around it at the moment.

Do you know if you've seen any other email clients that supported it with this account?

Have you guys considered a beta program like you had for BB10 for the Priv? Want to have an official channel to report issues and annoyances, but doesn't seem like the Support Forums are really attended much. I mirrored my issues list over there anyways, though.
    02-21-16 11:03 AM

No problem. Thanks for the update. I haven't used any other email clients with it other then the Gmail app which obviously works properly. But I'll make it a point to see if I can find sole others that's support EAS and try it. I'll let you know.

02-22-16 06:00 AM

I tried several other mail apps. Most of them seem to work properly BUT and it's a big but.. I don't think they are setting the address up as EAS. I pick the EAS option but once I enter the Google server they take me to the Google setup for password and once the account is added you can't see the server settings so I'd assuming the Google api is overriding my eas selection.

One app, 'nine' did allow me to add it as EAS but it has the same problem as the hub.

02-22-16 08:31 PM
    I tried several other mail apps. Most of them seem to work properly BUT and it's a big but.. I don't think they are setting the address up as EAS. I pick the EAS option but once I enter the Google server they take me to the Google setup for password and once the account is added you can't see the server settings so I'd assuming the Google api is overriding my eas selection.

One app, 'nine' did allow me to add it as EAS but it has the same problem as the hub.

Interesting... IMAP configuration wouldn't have the same server issue so that would make sense.
    02-22-16 09:09 PM
    Problem persists on the M beta FYI

04-16-16 10:41 PM
    Problem persists on the M beta FYI

I know were trying to get it discussed with Google since the issue is on their side. We don't have a way to work around it unfortunately.
    04-17-16 08:00 AM
    I know were trying to get it discussed with Google since the issue is on their side. We don't have a way to work around it unfortunately.
    Wasn't a criticism, just a note. Glad to hear you're still working on it!
    04-17-16 08:16 AM
    When is Hub going to be updated?
    I haven't seen an update to Hub app in ages!
    Is it going to be only updated with Marshmallow or will we get an update before?
    04-17-16 08:57 AM
    There should be an update before the MM update comes down to everyone OTA.
    Uzi and gizmo21 like this.
    04-17-16 11:17 AM
30 12