It has taken me a couple of days to recognize what has been going on with my seemingly random Hub email issues. What I have determined is that my Hub works perfectly on my work WiFi (which is IPv4 only) and on LTE but does not work on my home WiFi (which has IPv6 enabled). Incredibly there is no toggle in Android settings to simply disable IPv6... Like there is in BBOS. All of the solutions I have found online start with "first, root your phone if you haven't already".

What helped me to figure this out is that my Pandora app absolutely will not play music on my home WiFi but works seamlessly at work and on LTE.

I'm going to check out the settings on my wireless router now and see if I can just disable IPv6 on it. If not, I guess I just disable my home WiFi connection on my phone and stick with LTE.

I hope this revelation might help others who are experiencing sporadic Hub performance.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by RCM78; 03-09-16 at 03:43 PM.
    Yertie and honeylager like this.
    11-21-15 10:45 AM
    its IP6s not IPv6...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 12:25 PM
    Change it in APN settings. Very easy.

11-21-15 12:30 PM
    Change it in APN settings. Very easy.

Actually that's for LTE not WiFi. Can you change it on your home WiFi router?

Honestly though I doubt that's the issue.

11-21-15 12:31 PM
    its IP6s not IPv6...

Posted via CB10
    I'm talking about Internet Protocol not an iPhone 6s. Thanks though.

Last edited by RCM78; 11-21-15 at 01:47 PM.
    11-21-15 01:16 PM
    Actually that's for LTE not WiFi. Can you change it on your home WiFi router?

Honestly though I doubt that's the issue.

Turned off IPV6 in my router and now Pandora and Hub are both working perfectly. I'm going to see if I can update my router firmware and then turn IPV6 back on. Clearly there is some correlation here. My Chromecast module wouldn't work for all services unless IPV6 was disabled on it as well... But that was with the same router with the same firmware.

If this is happening to me, chances are that it is happening to others as well. The odd thing is that with IPV6 enabled on my router the Hub wasn't completely useless but rather very unreliable. Sometimes it would take up to 7 hours for emails to come through.

Will report back with findings.

11-21-15 01:27 PM
    Turned off IPV6 in my router and now Pandora and Hub are both working perfectly. I'm going to see if I can update my router firmware and then turn IPV6 back on. Clearly there is some correlation here. My Chromecast module wouldn't work for all services unless IPV6 was disabled on it as well... But that was with the same router with the same firmware.

If this is happening to me, chances are that it is happening to others as well. The odd thing is that with IPV6 enabled on my router the Hub wasn't completely useless but rather very unreliable. Sometimes it would take up to 7 hours for emails to come through.

Very weird! But I'm glad you found a solution! 6 seems to cause a lot of problems. Not sure what the advantage is.

11-21-15 01:42 PM

What router are you using? I have ipv6 enabled and see no issues at all.

Maybe check support for your router to see if there's any issues/updates on their end.

11-21-15 01:48 PM