I recently managed to get the hub on my galaxy note. It works just like the priv. It's not perfect, but its like having a priv!

It's the hub, the three dots for shortcuts, the calendar apk... Everything!

So my question: why upgrade to a priv and not buying any android phone and install the priv apps?
    Attached Thumbnails Priv or hub?-1455299724551.jpg  
    02-12-16 11:55 AM
    Physical keyboard, hardware root of trust, plus it's just a really nice phone IMO.
    dhack21 likes this.
    02-12-16 12:49 PM
    The keyboard and the build quality. No TW to slow you down either.
    02-12-16 01:08 PM
    The hardware and security features.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-12-16 01:22 PM
    I recently managed to get the hub on my galaxy note. It works just like the priv. It's not perfect, but its like having a priv!

So my question: why upgrade to a priv and not buying any android phone and install the priv apps?
    How did you get the Hub on your phone? I don't see a download for it in the Google play store. Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-12-16 01:42 PM
    Except the keyboard, I don't think that is a quality phone.. The plastic is very 'fake'....
    To get the hub, just Google for blackberry manager for Android. In there you can download all apps..
    02-12-16 03:07 PM
    Bb manager
    Attached Thumbnails Priv or hub?-1455312020440.jpg  
    02-12-16 03:20 PM
    For the hardware quality, keyboard (both vkb and physical), trusted root phone, and not having to pull the Blackberry apps from some non-Google Play store - round-about method. Oh, and because it's close to stock Android, so I don't have to deal with some other vendor's crappy skin/UI.
    02-12-16 03:24 PM
    And why to buy any Android phone and not the Priv ?
    02-12-16 03:25 PM
    That's a great point. In fact, most people would probably be best served by doing just that if they are seeking to simply just enhance their productivity a bit. I suspect Blackberry will offer these on Google Play at some point as well. However, diehard BB fans will mention security, etc. But in reality, most people don't care about that as evidenced by the wild success of iOS and Android. You really need to be on a BES server to take full advantage of the security features, anyway.

I suppose if you must have physical keyboard then that may be a consideration. But, again most users have adapted to virtual keyboards and so that is what the OEM's manufacture. To each their own, though.

Z10, 10.3.2.858, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    02-12-16 03:31 PM
    Because priv is freaking expensive!
    02-12-16 03:32 PM
    ^^^This!

Z10, 10.3.2.858, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    02-12-16 04:34 PM
    the build quality.
    Wasn't there a lot of complaints about this?
    Creaky backs, slider getting stuck, back cover squishy ?
    02-12-16 04:52 PM
    Wasn't there a lot of complaints about this?
    Creaky backs, slider getting stuck, back cover squishy ?
    Mine doesn't have those issues. Squishy back might be a thing on the models without the wireless charging coils. Forums are a bad place to judge build quality from. Go to a forum for any phone and you would think it has the durability of fine China. People with problems are way louder than the people without them.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-12-16 04:54 PM
    You have a Note lol it's more expensive than this. And if you want a keyboard you have to spend another $80
    02-12-16 04:57 PM

Add 2TB storage (mine only has 96GB) and an 18MP camera with a secured kernel, then we'll talk. Otherwise, enjoy the BlackBerry experience on your Samsung.

Enjoying the Priv
    02-12-16 06:17 PM
    Geia sou Gianni!
    02-12-16 08:55 PM
    There are some good offers by the carrier on the Priv. Try if anything suits you. The PKB and VKB experience on the Priv is great. That is awesome twosome!!!

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    Last edited by IndianTiwari; 02-13-16 at 06:02 AM.
    02-13-16 03:59 AM
    Geia sou Gianni!
    Geia soy re Thanasi!
    02-13-16 04:10 AM
    There are some good offers by the carrier on the Priv. Try if anything suits you. The PKB and VKB experience on one device is great. That is awesome twosome!!!

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    Good deals with the carriers? In Canada, the deals are not good and I can get an S6 for almost half the price which is why BlackBerry will be lowering the price at MWC.
    That being said, I totally agree with the other stuff you said, the Priv is awesome.

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-13-16 05:14 AM
    I put these apps on my sony experia z5 before the priv was released. Found it improved the phone, some of the shortcuts didn�t work though and I still had to put up with the way sony wrapped android making it worse, the being forced to use rolodex as a recent apps screen was my biggest annoyance. Gave the sony to my wife and prefer the priv. The increased viewing area while typing thanks to the keyboard, the way BlackBerry's universal search compliments the keyboard, the keyboard shortcuts and the recent apps page is why I prefer the priv. The screen not being as stunning is the only thing I notice as a downside.

Posted via CB10
    johnteki likes this.
    02-13-16 05:54 AM
    Along with the Hub you can get the BB keyboard and any blackberry app for Android on any droid device as well. I seen it already on a few. Why get a android device like the Priv when you can't root it and install cyanogenmod or another os on top of Android? With cyanogenmod you can control what each and every app has control of and has access too on your phone. Priv can't do that.
    Al moon likes this.
    02-14-16 08:40 AM

The have you ever used a BlackBerry device with a qwerty keyboard solely!?
    The slide out adaptive key board is what makes the entire BlackBerry experience stellar!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    02-14-16 09:02 AM
    ive done this on a phone running a custom mm rom and it runs great and i get the granular permissions that come with mm, tbh at this point till bb releases mm you can run a more secure phone this way.
    02-14-16 09:11 AM
    You have a Note lol it's more expensive than this. And if you want a keyboard you have to spend another $80
    dont forget theres also a very cheap zenfone 2 with 64gb of storage and 4gb of ram that can run mm and the bb apps and runs exceptionally well did i mention how inexpensive it was for what it can do
    02-14-16 09:19 AM
37 12