Um...so I picked up the Tmo Priv on launch day...and this sucker is on fire, 90 degrees with any app use, and the battery drains rapidly with any light use. With use it goes 5 hrs.

I turned off all the notifications and syncs and put the phone to sleep and try not to use it. If I don't use it, it may last 6 hours. Does this not defeat the purpose of having the phone? If I play words with friends I have to stay plugged in or the phone dies. I called Tmobile support and they told me to return the phone. I just finished putting in all my settings. So annoying.

Can some of you folks post photos of what your battery app is saying?I charged my phone after a rapid drain in the afternoon at 50% and didn't use it until making a phone call this evening and it didn't like that. Any suggestions welcome before I trudge back to the store? I tried turning off the 2 g but it wasn't showing cellular as eating my juice, it seems the screen is a huge offender. i kind of need the screen to be on to use the phone? MEHHHHHH
    01-30-16 11:01 PM
    What does your battery monitor show? There has to be something causing that drain. Is Bluetooth on?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 11:08 PM
    You need to uninstall/disable the t mobile app. Once you do this battery life and over heating will go away. T mobile is aware of the issue and working on a fix.
    01-30-16 11:16 PM
    The biggest offender is the screen at 26%. ?!
    01-30-16 11:34 PM
    Which app? There's no tmo app showing in the usage?
    01-30-16 11:35 PM
    The biggest offender is the screen at 26%. ?!
    Now at 31% after I checked to look for a Tmo app.
    01-30-16 11:36 PM
    Screen 33
    Voice calls 8
    Android system 6
    Android os 5
    BB service 3
    Phone idle 3
    Wifi 1
    Game 1
    01-30-16 11:53 PM
    Which app? There's no tmo app showing in the usage?
    You need to disable the T-Mobile my account app that is preloaded with all tmobile privs. The app may not show up in usage but it's known to cause battery drain, and over heating
    01-30-16 11:59 PM
    Mine got very very very hot for the first few days then it settled down.

but if i played a game it got very hot while playing then cooled down as soon as i stopped
    01-31-16 01:46 AM
    90 degrees isn't hot.

01-31-16 06:16 AM
    Mine got very very very hot for the first few days then it settled down.

but if i played a game it got very hot while playing then cooled down as soon as i stopped
    How does your battery do? Mine drains by large percentages if I do anything. That bothers me mor than the heat, the phone is unusable after just afew hours.
    01-31-16 06:18 AM
    I get 14+ hours with 4.5-5 hours SOT.

01-31-16 06:29 AM
    I just played one round of words w friends and it says I have four hours left from 100 percent. How do I uninstall pre installed apps? It only allows me to disable tmo then it started running again...I just tried to get rid of the Google Japanese keyboard and I think it went away but I don't know if I broke anything? I miss my bold, life was so simple...
    01-31-16 06:53 AM
    ...now it's 100 and it's doing nothing. If I type long emails it's too hot to hold...doesn't seem normal. Battery down to 86 in one hour and it is sitting next to me while I post here from a tablet...is there something I can do or should I take it back?
    01-31-16 07:32 AM
    You need to disable the T-Mobile my account app that is preloaded with all tmobile privs. The app may not show up in usage but it's known to cause battery drain, and over heating
    I disabled the T-Mobile app on my Priv as instructed on many threads and I'm no longer experiencing any overheating. Battery life is great now. Phone snappy. Give it a try I didn't disable anything else but that app. It worked.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 08:09 AM
    @blackbirdy

Download greenify from appstore!
    I'm using it as suggested by many users and it helps a lot on your battery life.

Posted via my PRIV
    01-31-16 08:21 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I disabled tmo app this morning but it didn't do anything, I will try installing greenify now.
    01-31-16 08:30 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I disabled tmo app this morning but it didn't do anything, I will try installing greenify now.
    Do NOT install any of these app/batter/CPU maximizes.

Just give the device some time.

01-31-16 08:44 AM
    The heat is related to BlackBerry's ****ty android radio stack, which to my knowledge has not been updated since launch. To 'resolve' the issue for a lot of us on att, the last os update drops from an lte connection to 2g whenever an active WiFi connection is detected. You can watch the 4glte icon disappear from the status bar whenever you connect to WiFi. T-Mobile users, could you verify that your phones are dropping the 4glte connection whenever connected to WiFi? Also check for an os update.

01-31-16 09:04 AM
    The heat is related to BlackBerry's ****ty android radio stack, which to my knowledge has not been updated since launch. To 'resolve' the issue for a lot of us on att, the last os update drops from an lte connection to 2g whenever an active WiFi connection is detected. You can watch the 4glte icon disappear from the status bar whenever you connect to WiFi. T-Mobile users, could you verify that your phones are dropping the 4glte connection whenever connected to WiFi? Also check for an os update.

You are so full of uninformed crap.

Radio stack is constantly getting tweaked.
    Heat issues can happen with radio turned off. (try playing a game in airplane mode. Dammed thing gets super hot.)
    01-31-16 09:12 AM
    You are so full of uninformed crap.
    Correct.

01-31-16 12:34 PM

I am on Tmo, they applied all updates at the store at time of purchase, I tried excluding 2g but didn't help. I'm on Wifi most of the time and phone always shows its on 4GLTE so I don't think there's an issue there, unless it's fooling me.
    01-31-16 12:57 PM
    Do NOT install any of these app/batter/CPU maximizes.

Just give the device some time.

I have seen others post this. How much time? Only have 8 days left to exchange it. . . is the problem with "time." Then it becomes my problem for the next few years. Meh!!! Other than the fact that than the battery sux, this phone is great. But kind of the point of having a moblie device is to not be tethered to an outlet all day! I am hesitant to return it bc i spent two days adjusting and turning off all the dozens of unnecessary notifications. WTF Android ? -- NO ONE NEEDS TO BE THIS NOTIFIED!!
    01-31-16 01:02 PM
    I got the priv on tmobile on launch day. I was ready to throw it out the window driving down the highway. The phone has been so hot and averaged 2.5 to 3 hours of screen time. I'm coming from iPhone 6s plus that I use all day. I disabled the tmobile account app yesterday and today everything seems to be working much better. It's gotten warm a few times but nowhere near what it was. I love the phone minus the battery. Going to give it a few days to see if this fixes it it.

01-31-16 01:50 PM
    I got the priv on tmobile on launch day. I was ready to throw it out the window driving down the highway. The phone has been so hot and averaged 2.5 to 3 hours of screen time. I'm coming from iPhone 6s plus that I use all day. I disabled the tmobile account app yesterday and today everything seems to be working much better. It's gotten warm a few times but nowhere near what it was. I love the phone minus the battery. Going to give it a few days to see if this fixes it it.

Good luck, pls keep us posted! it def feels like sometime this is not right w such a brief screen time. I reinstalled tmo app, then rebooted, then disabled. It might be better now but it might be I am imagining it. So if it's better it's not much better.
    01-31-16 07:48 PM
33 12