The name was chosen on purpose so JC can wind down the hardware side once and for all
    Absolutely, that makes total sense. Of course JC picked the name as a means to writeoff the hardware business. Because rationally, not making a move to android, and saving development costs for the device would have cost the company more than that, AMIRIGHT? Yep, for sure that's what he was thinking.

#emotionsarehighandpeopletalkoutoftheira$$
    09-25-15 07:07 PM
    Good slogan btw
    No, it really is not.
    09-25-15 07:41 PM
    I can kinda agree with you, but is bad publicity good publicity? I don't know. I'm not a CEO or marketing guy. Maybe the publicity is a good thing, as people search it out and go Wow! Or, it could backfire and people may stay away from it due to the name itself. I guess only time will tell. Me personally, a Galaxy S6 sounds like a good bet that it's a good phone. A Priv? Reminds me of a **** house, stay away from it. It's really a razors edge on how they market it. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    Who doesn't know Donald Trump now?
    09-25-15 07:56 PM
    iPad is a bad name. I mean, iPad? But it sells, right?

And then we have Galaxy S1,S2,S3,S4,S5 and then S6. Like ass6?
    Bad name too.

But because this name was on a BlackBerry� device, I don't think it will actually create a good publicity from a bad publicity because of its name.

Ah well, time will tell. We'll see how it goes when it's on sale. Probably with time, we'll sooner or later begin to accept the name and carry on with our life.

SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 from Malaysia
    09-25-15 08:30 PM
    BlackBerry is the company that just keeps on giving ... to business schools and MBA programs everywhere, real life examples of marketing failures.
    The Priv will be no exception. An awful name for a do or die product.
    09-25-15 08:34 PM
30 12