So between these two phones which would you choose thanx and pls be honest

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-10-16 07:19 PM
    It would seem to me that the advantages of the Priv would be the physical keyboard, the OS hardening, and the swift security updates that rival Nexus.

If none of these things appeal to you, then S7 is your phone.

Personally, if I had to give up my Priv, I would only consider a Nexus device because of the rapid updates and the superior future-proofing that that brings.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Last edited by conite; 06-10-16 at 08:02 PM.
    06-10-16 07:25 PM
    It would seem to me that the advantages of the Priv would be the physical keyboard, the OS hardening, and the swift security updates that rival Nexus.

If none of these things appeal to you, then S7 is your phone.

Personally, if I had to give up my Priv, I would only consider a Nexus device because of the rapid updates and the superior future-proofing that brings.

Only issue with Nexus 6P is it has no expandable memory .
    06-10-16 07:41 PM
    Only issue with Nexus 6P is it has no expandable memory .
    True enough.

At least there are 64GB and 128GB options.

I'd prefer the SD card slot though.

tfitzpat03 likes this.
    06-10-16 07:49 PM
    This decision would take me one second...

S7 has a better screen and far superior camera. Don't let the update hype get to you. I have a Priv and the quality is not great. My Classic and Passport are better made and i also have the Nexus 6p which is much better too.

Q10Bold and anon(9742832) like this.
    06-10-16 08:00 PM
    Priv.

DTEK and updates FAR outclass the narcissism factor (selfie cam)

The back cam on the Priv is the excellent, especially after the recent manual control updates. Zero complaints.

Stelios Gnd likes this.
    06-10-16 08:16 PM
    Not trying to start a thing but I have both devices and the camera on the S7 crushes the Priv's. But alas, I still love the BlackBerry touches built into the Priv.
    Stelios Gnd likes this.
    06-10-16 08:20 PM
    Not trying to start a thing but I have both devices and the camera on the S7 crushes the Priv's. But alas, I still love the BlackBerry touches built into the Priv.
    Yes, the S7 gets a score of 88 by dx0mark. Obviously amazing. But the Priv's 82 is no slouch - still one of the best. I think that would be higher now because of the new manual controls.
    06-10-16 08:28 PM
    Do you have MM on the Priv and the new manual controls? The dx0mark testing was before these updates and, if I remember correctly, before some earlier updates as well. I have taken many pictures with the Priv and the results are excellent.
    06-10-16 09:09 PM
    I've been debating for the past 6-8 months whether I should move to android or not. My first choice was the Priv. However, my Passport at the time still felt great in terms of performance when running Android apps and it was enough for me. I couldn't justify the price when I still had a perfect phone.

I however started to notice that the browser is not as perfect as it used to be and I'm slowly losing access to apps. The phone is still my preferred device for communication but with all those new devices one has to look at his options.

I've considered the S7/e but I am not a fan of capacity keys since I am so accustomed to BB10(also eliminates HTC 10). Considered LG5 but not a fan of the modules and going to a battery size smaller than the passport is a no brainer. I'm tempted by the nexus line, but at times when using my GF's 6p I feel like it's not as smooth as BB10.

So all in all, like many others said before, it's a personal decision and you should choose what makes you happy. Although I don't own the priv, it seems like it is getting a lot of updates and getting smoother with time although it does not have the latest flagship specs. It may not be perfect but it may be just enough to pull me away from my passport.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-10-16 09:25 PM
    Sony xperia Z5 premium, bigger battery at 3460 mah I believe? I was looking for the Priv here in langley bc, went to couple rogers stores just to see and they don't carry any in store nor at rogers plus stores their corporate ones they told to look on either Craigslist or shop blackberry, that was kind a disappointing to hear that from them.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 10:37 PM
    If you're the average smartphone user that texts, calls, snapchat, Facebook, etc. Just go for S7.

Its top of the line.

I personally would go for the Priv for the physical keyboard, security updates, and the UI (I'm not a fan of Samsung's TouchWiz at all), and the small BlackBerry touches like the touch keyboard

phuoc likes this.
    06-10-16 11:35 PM
    The S7 edge had its benefits, but to me it's just another glass slab... I am not a fan of Samsung's UI and bloat...

The Priv is pretty OK, but if compared against the S7's specs you will feel gipped, especially if you are a camera person... Don't get me wrong, Priv's camera is OK, but the S7's in all honesty blows it away, especially the front facing camera.

If you desire a PKB the Priv has that covered... Just the pricing on the Priv, I feel is still too luxurious based on what one is getting, especially when paired beside the S7's pricing...

If buying BlackBerry makes you feel better and if you enjoy the PKB the Priv is right for you. But if you just want 'what's new', what 'everyone' else has, and want that 'lather, rinse, repeat' Android experience then the S7 may be better suited for your needs... Personally, however, I think there are far better Android choices available that extend beyond the Priv and S7 entirely... Those are just 2 devices of dozens...

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 05:19 AM
    I have both and for me S7 Edge, I have no issues and multi tasking is quicker with edge feature.

I'm constantly struggling with Priv on battery life, heating etc....

Even Samsung Native email is very good, and has most of the hub email features.

06-11-16 05:24 AM
    I utterly HATE Touchwiz.... so there IS that.
    06-11-16 08:16 AM
    Can't TouchWiz be replaced?
    06-11-16 08:21 AM
    I just recently got the Priv to replace my Z30. Although moving to Android was the biggest hurdle, the presents of BlackBerry touches do help in the transition.

Now that I have this phone running what I want, it's pretty damn good and all my complaints are strictly with Android as a whole apposed to the phone itself.

I haven't looked at the S7 up close but to me, it appears to be an S6 reboot to fix all the missed cues people complained about e.g. no expandable memory.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    baspeed likes this.
    06-11-16 09:42 AM
    of course you can load another launcher I have nova pro on mine and it's excellent.

06-11-16 09:42 AM
    It can be toned down, but not fully disabled without rooting and installing a custom Rom.

This is why Samsung sold a "Google Play edition" of the Galaxy alongside the Touchwiz/standard version.
    kbz1960 and Jamie Wooten like this.
    06-11-16 09:55 AM
    Yep. You can replace the launcher but Touchwiz is more than the launcher; it infests the entire UI on the device, and IMHO it bites. My first "taste" of it was on an S-II many, many years ago. I hated it then and still do.

The only real option is to S-OFF, root the device and then replace the entire operating system.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-16 10:13 AM
    So between these two phones which would you choose thanx and pls be honest

Physical Keyboard all you should be considering. (2nd would be lag at times)
    If you go priv, don't be surprised if you receive a 'defective' device.
    My advice is only go with priv if you have a carrier that stocks the phone in store, so when you buy it you can just open it in store and return it if its defective (keep doing this until you're satisfied).

These defects aren't immediately obvious either.
    Defective issues to look out for are:
    - Clicky screen (tap hard on screen in a quiet room)
    - Loose back (tap hard on back in a quiet room) + a loose back will also mean the sides are loose

Hope this helps.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-11-16 10:33 AM
    S7, android is made to be hacked, customized and rom'd when updates stop for both phones at least you'll be able to load an updated rom on the S7
    06-11-16 10:58 AM
    Priv on MM excellent performance . If you are a fan of PKB and VKB then Priv is just the device for you .
    SimbaZ30 likes this.
    06-11-16 12:20 PM
    S7, android is made to be hacked, customized and rom'd when updates stop for both phones at least you'll be able to load an updated rom on the S7
    As far as I know the S7 has not been rooted yet.
    06-11-16 12:44 PM
    As far as I know the S7 has not been rooted yet.
    well then someone better tell these guys that it isnt Samsung Galaxy S7 ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other Development
    Q10Bold likes this.
    06-11-16 01:27 PM
131 123 ...