I played with one in store but couldn't get a variety of pictures due to the uniform lighting. The rear camera is slow but really good. Probably because I had HDR on or something. Is it on by default? Hopefully they update it to support manual controls so we can use some third party camera apps.

Anyways, could anyone post some pictures in good and low light of things? The pixels are huge so I expect it to perform not too well in well lit scenarios but stay pretty consistent even in low light.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:16 AM
    I played with one in store but couldn't get a variety of pictures due to the uniform lighting. The rear camera is slow but really good. Probably because I had HDR on or something. Is it on by default? Hopefully they update it to support manual controls so we can use some third party camera apps.

Anyways, could anyone post some pictures in good and low light of things? The pixels are huge so I expect it to perform not too well in well lit scenarios but stay pretty consistent even in low light.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    front facing is terrible regardless of the lighting. It's good for skype, that's it
    11-25-15 06:54 AM
    front facing is terrible regardless of the lighting. It's good for skype, that's it
    For someone complaining about how they don't have the Priv for sale in your area yet I find it funny you can comment on photo quality. In response to the OP's question the front camera leaves something to be desired but it is not terrible, and the quality of pictures take with both the front and back camera's can be improved with software updates which BlackBerry is currently working.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 07:40 AM
    I'm sure a software update coming soon like BlackBerry always did for BB10 phones for cameras.
    However, I just don't see any major issues of the front camera. It is still better than any of the BB10 phones.
    What is the point of it anyway? Video calling and selfies.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-25-15 07:42 AM
    Sure, the front camera is terrible :-)

What's there to complain about here?

(Taken with it in my local watering hole the other evening but when I tried to post it on another whine thread the Crackberry app blew up; there is very, very poor lighting in here -- that's a corner of my mug in the shot)
    Attached Thumbnails Priv Front Camera-2015-11-23-18.27.36.jpg  
    11-25-15 07:50 AM
    For someone complaining about how they don't have the Priv for sale in your area yet I find it funny you can comment on photo quality. In response to the OP's question the front camera leaves something to be desired but it is not terrible, and the quality of pictures take with both the front and back camera's can be improved with software updates which BlackBerry is currently working.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Pal, do you want me to post a picture of my Priv with your name on a piece of paper on the side?

Portugal isn't on Mars, I can import phones, pretty much like I did for my past Blackberries. I complain because I have to buy on the UK, and the british pound is freaking expensive at the time.
    11-25-15 08:22 AM
    I'm sure a software update coming soon like BlackBerry always did for BB10 phones for cameras.
    However, I just don't see any major issues of the front camera. It is still better than any of the BB10 phones.
    What is the point of it anyway? Video calling and selfies.

Posted from my Priv!
    Don't get me wrong, I don't use the front face camera ever! I think I didn't use it once in over 1 year with the passport.

But there's a lot of people on this forum that give importance to the front facing camera, but for those, the camera will be disapointing because isn't any better than in the passport, wich is crap for today's flagship's standard

Tomorow I'm posting a comparison here on CB between passport and Priv cameras like I did before for Passport vs Q10
    11-25-15 08:24 AM
    Sure, the front camera is terrible :-)

What's there to complain about here?

(Taken with it in my local watering hole the other evening but when I tried to post it on another whine thread the Crackberry app blew up; there is very, very poor lighting in here -- that's a corner of my mug in the shot)
    so basically there is nothing wrong with the FFC and it just works fine for selfies and skype...right? that's all i need it for
    11-25-15 09:00 AM
    so basically there is nothing wrong with the FFC and it just works fine for selfies and skype...right? that's all i need it for
    Yes in mine and tickerguys's opinion at least, and the performance will only improve too!

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:10 AM
    Here are a few comparisons between front and rear facing (with a shaky hand)

1 & 3 are FF, 2 & 4 are RF. I didn't bother rotating because I think Paint F*@%s with the image quality when rotating. The room is lit with sunlight.
    Priv Front Camera-ff1.jpg
    Priv Front Camera-rf1.jpg
    Priv Front Camera-ff2.jpg
    Priv Front Camera-rf2.jpg
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-25-15 10:03 AM
    So I gather that my Z10 rear camera is about the front camera on the Priv. I think I can live with that haha. Thanks all!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:05 PM
    Lol I thought about just getting one of those mirror screen protectors and putting it on the back so I can see myself when taking selfies

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    OfficerRandall likes this.
    11-27-15 12:08 AM
    Yeah, it's fine. I did some pics on the other thread for you. You know, it's not great, but it is not bad either. Did a Skype call with my son and no issues at all.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    11-27-15 12:17 AM
    So I gather that my Z10 rear camera is about the front camera on the Priv. I think I can live with that haha. Thanks all!

Posted via CB10
    That's a little bit of a stretch, the front camera isn't good but it's not bad by any means. It's definitely better than your Z10s but it wouldn't be better than your rear camera it's only 2MP

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-27-15 04:19 AM
    I may not even go that far just yet depending on the circumstances. I'm not big on front cameras and have been going back and forth on whether or not to return/exchange. All I really wanted was a decent front camera, better than the Z10, Z30, and Passport.

I've narrowed it down to heat in low light causing green tint and sometimes lines. I was told this is software from a member here, but I'm finding that difficult to believe since it's easily replicated when the device is warm (90s-low100s). It seems that when the front camera gets warm it does this.

Otherwise. I'm pretty satisfied with it as I'm not a selfie/front camera type. Did take many great front pics on vaca with the Passport and with the warm weather at the time, I wonder if the Priv will even be acceptable.

Most (from my reading here) do not have this issue or just have not attempted to replicate since I haven't received much feedback. I did ask in another thread if a few could charge the device or download/update apps to warm up the phone and see what the results are.

Others have posted terribly green photos and one of the Privs I have has not been anywhere near that dramatic, but still shows green with heat and low light.

So far, I'd say slightly worse than the Passport. Keep in mind that the rear camera is amazing! I have no lag taking pics and they are incredible. By far the best camera on a BlackBerry there.

Any thoughts on this would be really helpful as I have yet to get much feedback besides it's software wait for an update. If it is software, how would that be fixed since it is heat causing the issue? This is why I lean towards hardware.

14 day from AT&T is almost up and 30 day(?) from Amazon creeping up as well.

11-27-15 07:23 AM
    There is a white-balance color shift issue that I've noted with the post-processing firmware. It's not big but it's there, and if you're looking for it in the main camera when doing a lot of comparison shots you'll see it.

My suspicion is that this is where most of the problem with the front camera is coming from, and if so it's something that's likely to get fixed.

But I've not found a real problem in this regard.
    11-27-15 09:15 AM
    Yeah, it's fine. I did some pics on the other thread for you. You know, it's not great, but it is not bad either. Did a Skype call with my son and no issues at all.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    thanks for the effort!
    i was able to go to BestBuy yesterday and took some selfies with the Priv..and even recorder a video...it looks ok really and should do the job..unless people become too picky
    11-27-15 09:18 AM
    I may not even go that far just yet depending on the circumstances. I'm not big on front cameras and have been going back and forth on whether or not to return/exchange. All I really wanted was a decent front camera, better than the Z10, Z30, and Passport.

I've narrowed it down to heat in low light causing green tint and sometimes lines. I was told this is software from a member here, but I'm finding that difficult to believe since it's easily replicated when the device is warm (90s-low100s). It seems that when the front camera gets warm it does this.

Otherwise. I'm pretty satisfied with it as I'm not a selfie/front camera type. Did take many great front pics on vaca with the Passport and with the warm weather at the time, I wonder if the Priv will even be acceptable.

Most (from my reading here) do not have this issue or just have not attempted to replicate since I haven't received much feedback. I did ask in another thread if a few could charge the device or download/update apps to warm up the phone and see what the results are.

Others have posted terribly green photos and one of the Privs I have has not been anywhere near that dramatic, but still shows green with heat and low light.

So far, I'd say slightly worse than the Passport. Keep in mind that the rear camera is amazing! I have no lag taking pics and they are incredible. By far the best camera on a BlackBerry there.

Any thoughts on this would be really helpful as I have yet to get much feedback besides it's software wait for an update. If it is software, how would that be fixed since it is heat causing the issue? This is why I lean towards hardware.

14 day from AT&T is almost up and 30 day(?) from Amazon creeping up as well.

trust me im not crazy on selfies either..and like i said above, i took few selfies yesterday at BestBuy and i looked as ugly as i did with other cameras...granted it was a well lit store so no issues from a lighting perspective. i just need it to work fine and be clear when using skype...

the front camera was nice and the screen was crisp. other than that i couldn't really duplicate an heat or creaking noise as the phone was tethered and couldn't play with it like i wanted for a long time.

ps: is it me or did Telus drop the Priv?? i can't see it on their website anymore
    11-27-15 09:24 AM
    trust me im not crazy on selfies either..and like i said above, i took few selfies yesterday at BestBuy and i looked as ugly as i did with other cameras...granted it was a well lit store so no issues from a lighting perspective. i just need it to work fine and be clear when using skype...

the front camera was nice and the screen was crisp. other than that i couldn't really duplicate an heat or creaking noise as the phone was tethered and couldn't play with it like i wanted for a long time.

ps: is it me or did Telus drop the Priv?? i can't see it on their website anymore
    Lol.

We have two Privs now and the front camera on the one is completely adequate.

Have not really experienced any bugs and think it's a great device. Both have rock solid build quality. A bit expensive, but definitely worth it.

Haven't had any creaking or overheating. Was referencing the battery temp from the app "Battery Doctor".

I did start a thread on the issue I'm having as it doesn't seem typical and didn't want to de-rail your thread lol.

11-27-15 09:58 AM
    Lol.

We have two Privs now and the front camera on the one is completely adequate.

Have not really experienced any bugs and think it's a great device. Both have rock solid build quality. A bit expensive, but definitely worth it.

Haven't had any creaking or overheating. Was referencing the battery temp from the app "Battery Doctor".

I did start a thread on the issue I'm having as it doesn't seem typical and didn't want to de-rail your thread lol.

: ) glad it's all working for ya
    i hope u find a quick fix for the issue u're having or just hope for a very cold winter : )
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    11-27-15 10:09 AM