Just got an e-mail regarding the PRIV Marshmallow beta program. It looks like it's done. BlackBerry will only be continuing beta for Hub and associated programs.
    04-12-17 10:13 AM
    I didn't even get an email kicking me out of the DTEK60 program.
    04-12-17 10:18 AM
    I didn't even get an email kicking me out of the DTEK60 program.
    Well a bunch of us just lost access to the boards without warning. John was still posting at the moment it happened.

Either they are moving the boards from "Android M" to "Android N" (wishful thinking), or maybe they are shuttering those too and moving it to CrackBerry lol.
    04-12-17 10:20 AM
    I never joined the boards or beta, but what does that mean in terms of support for Marshmallow and Nougat?

Are the current Android offerings not getting updated?

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-12-17 10:22 AM
    I've asked whether that means we should disable performance and bug reporting in the generic "Beta Zone" program. I'm still hoping this is to make room for a "PRIV on Android N" program... but I doubt so.
    04-12-17 10:23 AM
    Well a bunch of us just lost access to the boards without warning. John was still posting at the moment it happened.

Either they are moving the boards from "Android M" to "Android N" (wishful thinking), or maybe they are shuttering those too and moving it to CrackBerry lol.
    No they aren't doing that. John posted on the main beta page that they are a software company now so the focus is Hub+ betas. Apparently this software company doesn't consider the OS to be software haha.
    Last edited by ray689; 04-12-17 at 11:46 AM.
    bibbula likes this.
    04-12-17 10:27 AM
    No they aren't doing that. John posted on theain beta page that they are a software company now so the focus is Hub+ betas. Apparently this software company doesn't consider the OS to be software haha.
    I'm starting to feel TCL got conned lol.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-12-17 10:30 AM
    Not a surprise, but nice to get confirmation at least. Things have been.... quiet... there lately.
    04-12-17 10:30 AM
    No they aren't doing that. John posted on theain beta page that they are a software company now so the focus is Hub+ betas. Apparently this software company doesn't consider the OS to be software haha.
    He posted information about the program closure on a beta forum page?
    I'd go read it...but the forums have been closed...

This seems like a rather incompetent and disrespectful way of closing the program.
    04-12-17 10:31 AM
    John posted on theain beta page that...
    So he posted on the PRIV beta page and deleted everything 1 minute after? How are we supposed to read that?

I can't find any mentioning of it in the things I can still see there....
    04-12-17 10:32 AM
    It's on the main page of Beta zone under Beta zone news. It's called "BlackBerry Beta Zone: Our new focus".
    1122334455667788 likes this.
    04-12-17 10:34 AM
    It's on the main page of Beta zone under Beta zone news. It's called "BlackBerry Beta Zone: Our new focus.
    Oooohhhh, you have to click through ... on the main page, it's still showing "Third-party programs ending" as the first entry. But when I click on the "Beta Zone News" link, I can see the new post.
    04-12-17 10:35 AM
    It's on the main page of Beta zone under Beta zone news. It's called "BlackBerry Beta Zone: Our new focus".
    And just copying it here:

BlackBerry Beta Zone News

BlackBerry Beta Zone: Our New Focus
    Apr 12 2017
    Since we re-energized the BlackBerry BetaZone in April 2016 with device OS beta programs, it has been an amazing ride! We’ve received great feedback, confirmation on existing issues, and squashed many, many bugs. It was an awesome opportunity to engage with everyone who love their BlackBerry smartphones and want to see a top-quality product. Just to show you what I mean, let me show you the numbers:
    Nearly 3,000 registered participants;
    Over 9,200 bug reports generated by the community;
    Over 1,600 forum threads created;
    300+ new defect reports created by the community; and
    Discovery of thousands of defects linked to existing known issues.

Some of you may have heard that BlackBerry is focusing on our great software and security as we start to license our brand and security know-how to our partners who will build, market and support all-new BlackBerry smartphones. Going forward, we will likewise change the way we run our Beta programs. We will continue to support BlackBerry Beta Zone, but focused on our BlackBerry Hub+ Suite of applications. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has registered for the Beta program over the years and contributed to our products. I look forward to our ongoing engagement with Hub+ for not only our BlackBerry smartphone users, but those you of who have other brands of Android smartphones and just can’t get enough of BlackBerry software.

Thanks!

John
    1122334455667788 and mbirth like this.
    04-12-17 10:36 AM
    Suck lol
    04-12-17 10:39 AM
    I'm still not sure if it's directly linked to the abrupt shutdown. Because the minute before it all happened, John was still posting in a thread on the Beta board.
    04-12-17 10:40 AM
    I just wanted Android N to be Beta, even though O should be beta as N has been out for ages now...
    04-12-17 10:45 AM
    Well, finally, no accidental bug reporting when trying to take a screenshot anymore...

To disable performance reporting:
    1. Settings --> Diagnostics --> "Diagnostics" (disable)
    2. Settings --> Developer options --> "Bug report shortcut" (disable)
    3. Settings --> Developer options --> Log Collection --> Diagnostics Settings --> General settings --> "Capture" (disable)
    4. Settings --> Apps --> three-dot-menu in the upper right --> Show System
    5. Find "BlackBerry Bug Reporter", go to "Storage" --> Clear Data
    6. Repeat step 5 with "TokenLoader".
    7. (Probably skip this one: Open the phone's dialler and dial: *#*#GETTOKEN#*#* - verify, that no token is listed)
    8. Probably reboot.
    Last edited by mbirth; 04-12-17 at 11:18 AM.
    VITOS72 likes this.
    04-12-17 10:46 AM
    Well, finally, no accidental bug reporting when trying to take a screenshot anymore...

• Settings --> Developer options --> "Bug report shortcut" (disable)
    • Settings --> Apps --> three-dot-menu in the upper right --> Show System
    • Find "BlackBerry Bug Reporter", go to "Storage" --> Clear Data
    • there was more to it ... something with typing something into the phone's keypad (all that info was in the now closed forums)
    "[Optional] Open the Phone app dialer pad, and enter *#*#GETTOKEN#*#* (which is: *#*#43886536#*#*) then in the pop-up window tap Start, then Save, then restart your device"
    "[Recommended] Disable diagnostic reporting now, in Settings > Developer options > Log collection > Diagnostic settings > General settings > Capture (set it to Off)."
    04-12-17 10:51 AM
    This just confirmed me getting another branded phone later this year. When they mean they are a softare company now, they apparently mean Hub+ Suite, not so much OS software. Sad! This $700 phone launched with an old OS and now it appears we are left out in the cold for a new one! Hey, I gave BB a second chance but this has soiled me on them.
    04-12-17 10:53 AM
    "Sorry, we can't give you Nougat, but here is the cool new Privacy Shade app we developed!"
    04-12-17 10:55 AM
    This just confirmed me getting another branded phone later this year. When they mean they are a softare company now, they apparently mean Hub+ Suite, not so much OS software. Sad! This $700 phone launched with an old OS and now it appears we are left out in the cold for a new one! Hey, I gave BB a second chance but this has soiled me on them.
    The worst part is the lies told to people who were "active" getting an Android N beta. Not to mention the lack of letting people know before purging the whole thing so we could ask if our devices will be removed from the hijacked system that required security patches to be pushed to us through the beta zone.
    04-12-17 10:56 AM
    I still can't get the DDT token to disappear when I dial *#*#GETTOKEN#*#*. I have deleted the data from both bug reporter and token launcher.
    "Sorry, we can't give you Nougat, but here is the cool new Privacy Shade app we developed!"
    LoL

1. Settings --> Developer options --> "Bug report shortcut" (disable)
    2. Settings --> Apps --> three-dot-menu in the upper right --> Show System
    3. Find "BlackBerry Bug Reporter", go to "Storage" --> Clear Data
    4. Repeat step 3 with "TokenLoader".
    5. Open the phone's dialler and dial: *#*#GETTOKEN#*#* - verify, that no token is listed
    6. Probably reboot.
    I just want to make sure they confirm that our device IDs aren't part of the beta group that needs a separate push as well.
    Apparently they got tired of having a "venting" forum for pissed off customers so they just wiped it clean. I'm afraid the resale value of our Privs just went down a certain degree today. But hey, we now have the Privacy Shade and Notable! Be happy folks!

"By software company, we meant app company. We are sorry for any confusion."
    chuckiev79 and Dave Liao like this.
    04-12-17 10:58 AM
109 123 ...