Is the charger (the one that comes with the priv), not capable of charging it quick?? I had known that the priv is charged 60% in some 30 odd minutes. The blackberry supplied charger is surely not doing what was marketed.

Is this quick charge thingy a marketing gimmick or there are specific chargers available for fast charging? I can see in the crackberry shoponline - there are some quick chargers available for 25usd. Wil they do the job of quick charge? Please let me know if someone is using one

Thanks in advance guys!!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 11:48 PM
    The included charger does not support quickcharge 2.0, you are indeed correct there are particular chargers for it.

I use a samsung one that I got off ebay.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-16 12:09 AM
    Is the charger (the one that comes with the priv), not capable of charging it quick?? I had known that the priv is charged 60% in some 30 odd minutes. The blackberry supplied charger is surely not doing what was marketed.

Is this quick charge thingy a marketing gimmick or there are specific chargers available for fast charging? I can see in the crackberry shoponline - there are some quick chargers available for 25usd. Wil they do the job of quick charge? Please let me know if someone is using one

Thanks in advance guys!!

Posted via CB10
    I think most users from CB would recommend you this, as would I (I'm currently using it and no issues at all).
    I also have one of this, it's great and works flawless.
    I also recommend the sync pod, it works great with the QC 2.0
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-16 02:16 AM
    Got an aukey charger off ebay,

While it does support quick charge I can't really say the 60 percent in 30 minutes is true though, maybe like 45 or 50? I don't know,

Don't really notice a big different.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-20-16 04:49 AM
    I think most users from CB would recommend you this, as would I (I'm currently using it and no issues at all).
    I also have one of this, it's great and works flawless.
    I also recommend the sync pod, it works great with the QC 2.0
    I should probably ask in another thread but do other folks get REDIRECTION errors on some links? I got it on two of the 3 links. I was able to copy the links out and then separately open them in new tabs. It happens too regularly and I don't know if it is something in my Firefox or a more wide spread issue.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-20-16 09:17 AM
    Got an aukey charger off ebay,

While it does support quick charge I can't really say the 60 percent in 30 minutes is true though, maybe like 45 or 50? I don't know,

Don't really notice a big different.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    No clue what you are talking about, my battery goes from 5% to 60% in 30-35 minutes, keep in mind however that the more juice the battery has the slower it will charge, this is how QC is designed so if you are at 5% and plug in the QC you can literally see how the % increases in a 1-2 minutes and reaches 10% if you are at 50% you won't see a 5% increase in 1-2 minutes. I dare you to charge the Priv with the stock charger from 5% to 100% and wait 3+ hours for it to charge.
    10-20-16 12:34 PM
    I should probably ask in another thread but do other folks get REDIRECTION errors on some links? I got it on two of the 3 links. I was able to copy the links out and then separately open them in new tabs. It happens too regularly and I don't know if it is something in my Firefox or a more wide spread issue.
    I don't have that problem but then again I use Chrome. I also noticed that the links redirect to the UK site not the US one. although I put the US links, either way you know what to look for now, just make sure you get the QC one.
    10-20-16 12:35 PM
    BlackBerry's quick charge unit works great. It is not the one that came with my phone. I bought it separately.

Posted with my PRIV via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-16 01:31 PM
    I find that the charger that came with my Playbook (remember that one?) HDW-34724-001 works fantastic!

Priv fast charging-blackberry-charger.jpg
    10-20-16 01:47 PM
    I find that the charger that came with my Playbook (remember that one?) HDW-34724-001 works fantastic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackberry Charger.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	410330
    Have to agree. That charger has charged many a unit since the Playbook was first purchased. It (well, I have more than one) goes on all of my travels to power whatever device(s) are along for the ride. BB officially sold it as a fast/rapid charger for their phones although not a current Quick charge device.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-20-16 02:08 PM
    Have to agree. That charger has charged many a unit since the Playbook was first purchased. It (well, I have more than one) goes on all of my travels to power whatever device(s) are along for the ride. BB officially sold it as a fast/rapid charger for their phones although not a current Quick charge device.
    Agree with you.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    10-20-16 05:22 PM
    Same here as well. My PlayBook charger charges my Priv from 50% To 100% within 30mins or so. It also charges my PlayBook, Asus tablet and Bose Soundlink Mini BT speaker. My other PlayBook is charged on the PB dock.

"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong"
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-16 10:10 PM

I agree. Bought three of this to charge all of our phones. I also finally found a wireless charger that works great (Turbot wireless charger, 3 coil) and does not heat my Priv up. Very happy.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-16 11:20 PM
    I have the same problem too...what is this? Now should i go to the shop i bought or straight to Blackberry Warranty?
    11-13-16 10:17 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=GXoSawTw

That is the link to the officially blackberry charger that is quickcharge 2.0 compatible. It works great. Quickcharge is not a gimmick, not every device can use a quickcharge charger and get quickcharge benefits. You must have the proper hardware in the device to support it. The charger that comes with the priv is the exact same they used for my passport. It's slow. This one charges my priv very fast. I can plug it in and leave it for 10 minutes and typically it'll gain 25% battery no problem.
    Sigewif likes this.
    11-13-16 12:13 PM
    Well its little over a week that i got my aukey fast charge 2 - ordered from Amazon.

To be honest i don't actually notice a difference is the speed of charging. Never the less the charger at times(not consistent) charges quite fast but still takes more than 2 hours to charge. Regular charger takes 3 hours.

I have ordered a qualcom speed charge 2 charger from aliexpress. Wd get that in next couple of days and wd let you guys know how does it behave.

Cheers
    greatgretschsound likes this.
    11-13-16 12:17 PM
    Here.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv fast charging-69540.jpg  
    11-13-16 12:17 PM
    I'm charging mine with PlayBook charger, gets full in to time
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-16 12:23 PM
    https://berryflow.com/2015/11/best-q...iv-blackberry/

Found this quite interesting for this thread. Check it out
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-13-16 12:39 PM
    Got this charger from Ali express - for 4.5 dollars or about. Its qualcom quick charge 2. This one charges at the rate of 3% in 2 minutes for the first 50% of the charge and then it changes gear and charges about 2% every 3 minutes or about.. This is by far the best charger i used and gets my priv charged well within 1 and a half hours.
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    11-18-16 11:38 AM

This is the best charger I've ever had. I remember back then when my first one broke, I bought another playbook just for the charger. I still have the charger, and it has charged so many of my phones I can't even remember how many. And of course currently using it with my SE and Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    11-19-16 12:51 AM
    I have the PlayBook charger and a Samsung 2.0 charger that I grabbed from Crackberry. Samsung is faster.
    11-19-16 08:15 AM
    This is the best charger I've ever had. I remember back then when my first one broke, I bought another playbook just for the charger. I still have the charger, and it has charged so many of my phones I can't even remember how many. And of course currently using it with my SE and Priv
    Yup, my travel one is here in Arizona charging my Priv. The ones at home are in my den and in my living room. Always ready. Very nice. BB at one time sold them as the Travel Rapid Charger for their phones.
    11-19-16 09:30 AM