For a while my priv will not operate with skytracker . And my gps statuses will not give me a heading and point north. I can not figure out a setting that got messed up and for snowmobiling I would really like it to work. I downloaded a compass app and same thing. One says Auto location not enabled but can't find that.
    05-23-17 08:54 AM
    For a while my priv will not operate with skytracker . And my gps statuses will not give me a heading and point north. I can not figure out a setting that got messed up and for snowmobiling I would really like it to work. I downloaded a compass app and same thing. One says Auto location not enabled but can't find that.
    Download "GPS status and Toolbox" . Use "calibrabrate compass" from the top left "triple stack" menu.

You need to do this every so often to stay calibrated. Happy sledding. You also can update the latest GPS data here, and watch for lock onto individual satellites here.
    05-23-17 09:38 AM
    Yeah that is the one I have...... I sofar can't get it to work. It will work after a while driving though
    05-23-17 12:29 PM
    Yeah that is the one I have...... I sofar can't get it to work. It will work after a while driving though
    Are you showing satellites locked in your display?

Have you updated your A-GPS file?

Are you using virtual compass, or magnetic compass?
    05-23-17 12:41 PM
    I get a lock it works but you have to be driving ie moving. I can not find the compass setting part but either my compass part is broken. The cell did fall in water a while ago.
    05-23-17 05:53 PM
    I get a lock it works but you have to be driving ie moving. I can not find the compass setting part but either my compass part is broken. The cell did fall in water a while ago.
    Water is never good for these phones. Not saying with certainty that it messed things up but it could have.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-23-17 11:16 PM
    Did you check your sensors with something like Elixir?

Water damage could be it, definitely.
    05-24-17 04:07 AM
    Elixir seems to say no action will the mag and orientation sensor.
    05-24-17 06:21 PM
    Elixir seems to say no action will the mag and orientation sensor.
    That's bad... Allegedly some cases can cause that, I guess if they have a magnet. So, if your Priv is in any kind of a case, try removing it and see if it helps. If not, it's probably the water that killed it. Sensors appear to be easily damaged by it, even if the phone otherwise works normally. I've no idea why.
    05-25-17 01:26 AM
    im bumping this thread to figure out if there's a fix to this GPS nonsense. ever since god knows what update they added has screwed up my GPS really bad.

I can't play pokemon Go properly. While my cheapo burner samsung phone is so accurate, it puts my Priv to shame while im at my local park.
    It also screwed up my route as an Amazon driver, so I've been using my burner cheapo phone Samsung On5 to handle all of this.

I'm so pissed Blackberry abandoned this phone. It's such an amazing piece hardware wise and it has an android on it. They need to fix this ****. my lease is up next week and I'm having second thoughts to pay the rest of it up to keep it.

KeyOne is a joke. The screen, the keyboard on ur face.. its sucha typical blackberry phone. Priv is sleek and sexy, but have been a headache since 2-3 months ago.
    08-02-17 10:04 PM
    im bumping this thread to figure out if there's a fix to this GPS nonsense. ever since god knows what update they added has screwed up my GPS really bad.

I can't play pokemon Go properly. While my cheapo burner samsung phone is so accurate, it puts my Priv to shame while im at my local park.
    It also screwed up my route as an Amazon driver, so I've been using my burner cheapo phone Samsung On5 to handle all of this.

I'm so pissed Blackberry abandoned this phone. It's such an amazing piece hardware wise and it has an android on it. They need to fix this ****. my lease is up next week and I'm having second thoughts to pay the rest of it up to keep it.

KeyOne is a joke. The screen, the keyboard on ur face.. its sucha typical blackberry phone. Priv is sleek and sexy, but have been a headache since 2-3 months ago.
    I have installed any updates that Verizon has offered but they are always slow offers and sometimes skips. But none of them has messed up my gps. I use it quite regularly when I track/map my hikes and bike rides. What app are you using that messes up? How does it mess up?

Have you rebooted?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    08-04-17 12:18 PM
    thanks for the help ff22, but i ended up wiping it all clean. surprisingly, it fixed it, but other areas are spotty for some weird reason. I can't get an exact location at my local park like I'm in Bermuda Triangle. The GPS goes haywire and I jump around town. When im back driving around the streets, it is very accurate.
    08-04-17 09:04 PM
    thanks for the help ff22, but i ended up wiping it all clean. surprisingly, it fixed it, but other areas are spotty for some weird reason. I can't get an exact location at my local park like I'm in Bermuda Triangle. The GPS goes haywire and I jump around town. When im back driving around the streets, it is very accurate.
    There might be some radio tower or magnetic interference in that location. Taller buildings can sometimes affect gps signals.
    08-05-17 10:08 AM