Hi Folks!

You may remember I posted a couple of months back when I purchased my new Priv, plugged it in to charge and the charger blew up! I was worried this may have fried the phone as it was running on coal, however, after some awesome advice from you guys I did a full factory restart and the phone was running adequately.

Since then, the phone is running alright despite the battery draining very fast. I've done everything to improve this (trust me, everything!) and its better but not great however the new issue...

My phone had been on charge for about 2 hours. When I put it on charge earlier it was on 6%. 2 hours later, its on 18%. I've just unplugged it, did a restart (holding power button 15 seconds e.t.c) and tried again and its gone from 18% to 19% in half an hour which is not normal. It normally charges really fast.

I'm using the new charger that came with the phone (or rather, the replacement they sent me a week after!)

Any suggestions or support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    marco44 likes this.
    01-10-17 01:59 PM
    Hi Folks!

You may remember I posted a couple of months back when I purchased my new Priv, plugged it in to charge and the charger blew up! I was worried this may have fried the phone as it was running on coal, however, after some awesome advice from you guys I did a full factory restart and the phone was running adequately.

Since then, the phone is running alright despite the battery draining very fast. I've done everything to improve this (trust me, everything!) and its better but not great however the new issue...

My phone had been on charge for about 2 hours. When I put it on charge earlier it was on 6%. 2 hours later, its on 18%. I've just unplugged it, did a restart (holding power button 15 seconds e.t.c) and tried again and its gone from 18% to 19% in half an hour which is not normal. It normally charges really fast.

I'm using the new charger that came with the phone (or rather, the replacement they sent me a week after!)

Thanks
    I guess it is possible that the initial "explosion" did damage its charging circuits. It might be covered under warranty.

But also today folks are reporting that Facebook and FB Messenger are draining the battery again. So if you use those.... UNINSTALL.
    01-10-17 02:26 PM
    I guess it is possible that the initial "explosion" did damage its charging circuits. It might be covered under warranty.

But also today folks are reporting that Facebook and FB Messenger are draining the battery again. So if you use those.... UNINSTALL.

Hi FF22,

Thanks for your reply.

It managed to get to 94% last night, but this was after several restarts and unplugging it and plugging it back in. When I went to bed, I put the battery saver on. I woke up this morning and it had lost 12% overnight however was not used. Is this normal?

I do have Facebook on the phone but seldom use it. I will remove the messenger for sure if this drains the battery. Aside from this, I have turned location off and a number of other things. The screen brightness is around 20/30%, I always have battery saver on. Is this normal? I'm considering going back to Blackberry and asking for a new device because I am a bit concerned about this.
    01-11-17 02:24 AM
    Have you tried a different charger?
    01-11-17 07:32 AM
    Have you tried a different charger?
    And cable? The best charger in the world will not work well with a crappy cable.
    01-11-17 07:59 AM
    I am having the same issue. I never had a charging problem with Priv (have had it since the release) until two nights ago. Every night I charge it and every morning it's at 100%. I woke up yesterday with 15%. It actually went down. Have not had a full charge since. Had it on the charger for over 6 hours yesterday and all last night and I am at 90%.

I did notice facebook has been using about 12% of my battery and I have not even opened the app. I keep force stopping it when I check the battery Usage.

Very frustrating.
    01-11-17 08:47 AM

Hi FF22,

Thanks for your reply.

It managed to get to 94% last night, but this was after several restarts and unplugging it and plugging it back in. When I went to bed, I put the battery saver on. I woke up this morning and it had lost 12% overnight however was not used. Is this normal?

I do have Facebook on the phone but seldom use it. I will remove the messenger for sure if this drains the battery. Aside from this, I have turned location off and a number of other things. The screen brightness is around 20/30%, I always have battery saver on. Is this normal? I'm considering going back to Blackberry and asking for a new device because I am a bit concerned about this.
    You can go to Main Settings and look at the Battery option. It will show the main apps using power. You can also place it on one of your home screens using its Shortcut (tap App Drawer (while circle with 6 dots), near the top at the right is a tab for Shortcuts, scroll till you see the Battery one).
    01-11-17 09:00 AM
    Facebook admitted that they had a battery draining problem, they fixed it now they say. Source: http://android.wonderhowto.com/news/...tures-0175881/
    FF22 likes this.
    01-11-17 09:24 AM
    I strongly suggest you purchase a multimeter from Amazon to test the source of power. These gadgets are very cheap and very useful to test chargers, cables, and power banks. You will know exactly how much power is being transferred to your device's battery. The charger that comes in the box is crap, I never used that one. The one that comes with the DTEK50 is very good. I also have the Fast Charger which supplies around 10W to the Priv. Also make one of the shorcuts from the center bottom the Battery Usage, so you can easily check which apps are draining your battery. Make sure you have a black wallpaper; that helps.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-11-17 11:15 PM
    I am having the same issue. I never had a charging problem with Priv (have had it since the release) until two nights ago. Every night I charge it and every morning it's at 100%. I woke up yesterday with 15%. It actually went down. Have not had a full charge since. Had it on the charger for over 6 hours yesterday and all last night and I am at 90%.

I did notice facebook has been using about 12% of my battery and I have not even opened the app. I keep force stopping it when I check the battery Usage.

Very frustrating.
    I've had this happen a couple of times. Not sure why it happened. It was on a different charger each time. There was another thread on this. No problems apart from that.
    01-11-17 11:42 PM
    Bluetooth is a big drain-shut that off .Also the notifications that slide onto your screen /if you don't slide them away,they seem to drain the Priv,too.
    01-12-17 08:38 AM
    Bluetooth is a big drain-shut that off
    Not necessarily, mine stays on 24/7, connected to two devices, and rarely even shows up on battery monitor, when it does it's 1%.
    Do make sure you have wifi and bluetooth scanning off, if that is left on, it will use a good bit of battery.
    You'll find that under settings > location > 3 dot menu > scanning.
    It's the constant scanning that eats battery not bluetooth itself, though if you are not using it, might as well turn it off.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-17 05:36 AM
    Hi Folks!

Thanks
    I had this issue once recently and a hard reset ie long hold of the power button fixed it.

I'm sure you have tried that but if anyone else is having the issue, try the hard reset after any initial faults with cables etc. are explored.
    01-13-17 05:45 AM
    The standard charger that comes with it is slow eitherway. Get a good quick charger and ur priv will charge up full in n hour or less
    02-17-17 01:25 AM
    A few days ago I had what I thought was a charging issue, I use a QC2.0 charger and it took like an hour to rise 10 percent (normally it would go up by around 2/3 in that time). I even tried turning it off and it still charged extremely slowly.
    I double-checked my cable and noticed that the plug was only halfway in the port on the charger side. Anyway, I pushed it all the way and it's now business as usual. So be sure to check stupid things like that before looking at more complicated possibilities. And be sure to unplug it nicely instead of pulling the phone with one hand.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-17-17 01:58 AM