I have tried almost everything to try and get this priv to make a connection to this new android car stereo I have.

Funny thing is it connects fine with my passport, and also with a nexus 6

It pairs fine, when it goes to connect it connects, then quickly disconnects with (no phone) in the status

This priv connects to all the other bluetooth devices I have

Not sure what to do, haven't tried a factory reset, but I think it's overkill to try that....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-16-16 05:35 PM
    You have one year of phone support from blackBerry on the Priv for free. Call them.
    09-16-16 06:13 PM
    I have tried almost everything to try and get this priv to make a connection to this new android car stereo I have.

Funny thing is it connects fine with my passport, and also with a nexus 6

It pairs fine, when it goes to connect it connects, then quickly disconnects with (no phone) in the status

This priv connects to all the other bluetooth devices I have

Not sure what to do, haven't tried a factory reset, but I think it's overkill to try that....

How many devices can your car connect to? Maybe you need to UNpair with one device and then try? Just guessing.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    09-16-16 09:48 PM
    How many devices can your car connect to? Maybe you need to UNpair with one device and then try? Just guessing.
    Agreed, most BT capable car stereos have a small limit of paired device profiles. It's worth a try to delete a profile on the stereo and try again. If you only have one or two device profiles on the stereo, I doubt that's the issue.

09-16-16 11:35 PM
    Well... i've cleared everything on the priv and the android car device... also did a factory reset on the priv and the OS reload... no go..
    09-17-16 07:46 PM
    Is your Priv trying to connect to another device too - i.e. an Android smart watch???

09-18-16 05:55 AM
    Ya I thought that could of been the case as well, so I've removed everything else.
    I'm guessing I will have to wait for blackberry to release new software... guess the changes from the normal android are causing the issues.

09-18-16 02:25 PM
    I had a similar issue initially with my Priv and my truck stereo and nothing I tried would initiate the pair, so I had to go through my initial pair setup on the stereo (which meant for me finding the manual) after which it pairs fine now with no other steps required, just turning on BT.

I have found in various forums and within my own experience that some device combinations require more work and more hoops to achieve a first pair. iPhones are a perfect example, some have real issues pairing with certain devices. I have found that my truck stereo has a definite bias against android devices

09-18-16 03:23 PM
    Funny thing is it has no trouble pairing, it only fails on connection after

09-19-16 09:11 AM
    In the Priv BT folder, when paired, is your stereo shown as recognized and connected? You said it would pair, just curious if it is shown as actually connected.

09-19-16 09:46 PM
    thats the issue... pairs... but upon connection connects... then quickly disconnects shows (no phone) then thats it
    09-20-16 09:09 AM