I just do not know if this is hardware or software problem.

when I record video the camera loses focus and then adjust focus. this is super annoying. I tried to film couple videos for YouTube with priv and results are so annoying.

do you get the same problems ?
    11-20-16 12:49 PM
    I thought there was a thread that mentioned this issue.

You might search for user:

smcv

And see if you can find the thread. He was the BB camera guy so I suspect that a thread with him in it might find it.
    11-20-16 09:08 PM
    I've never experienced an issue like that during video recording. So far my videos have come out great. Sounds like a frustrating issue. Besides taking the other advice and looking that thread up, have you performed any restarts or hard reboots to see if it would resolve it?
    11-21-16 07:17 AM
    I thought there was a thread that mentioned this issue.

You might search for user:

smcv

And see if you can find the thread. He was the BB camera guy so I suspect that a thread with him in it might find it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...video-1087643/

@Bitek.
    In other words, aside from the the possibility to somewhat bypass this issue by locking the focus, you'll be out of luck to see improvements in this respect.The issue you and I are raising, can be improved, but there is currently no time doing so because of the upcoming release of the "Mercury". See the first sentence in smcv's last post in that thread I referred you to. Hopefully the photography team manages to up the ante what this issue is concerned when they release the "Mercury". Since it's a software thing, Priv owners will most likely be getting the same Cam software update too. But as said, it hasn't got priority now and who knows when it will have. I don't even see the Hub guy (c_bryant34) hanging around here any longer either???? So they must really be busy with the new device(s) and what not.
    Last edited by WT44; 11-21-16 at 09:50 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-21-16 08:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...video-1087643/

@Bitek.
    In other words, aside from the the possibility to somewhat bypass this issue by locking the focus, you'll be out of luck to see improvements in this respect.The issue you and I are raising, can be improved, but there is currently no time doing so because of the upcoming release of the "Mercury". See the first sentence in smcv's last post in that thread I referred you to. Hopefully the photography team manages to up the ante what this issue is concerned when they release the "Mercury". Since it's a software thing, Priv owners will most likely be getting the same Cam software update too. But as said, it hasn't got priority now and who knows when it will have. I don't even see the Hub guy (c_bryant34) hanging around here any longer???? So they must really be busy with the new device(s) and what not.
    Well, thanks for confirming the GRAY cells still retain some data!
    WT44 likes this.
    11-21-16 09:31 AM
    this is supper annoying. I suspect this has to do with indoor light. couple of videos were so bad I decided to delete them. super annoying. some things do not change about blackberry. I guess time to buy GoPro or something
    11-21-16 07:22 PM
    this is supper annoying. I suspect this has to do with indoor light. couple of videos were so bad I decided to delete them. super annoying. some things do not change about blackberry. I guess time to buy GoPro or something
    You suspect wrong. Happens outside too. Did you not click on the link I provided? There you can read how a member of BlackBerry's camera team explains in detail about this issue of "breathing artifacts".
    11-22-16 04:39 AM
    I have this happen often. I'll be recording fine for one video, stop recording and then try and record another video and the camera just won't focus.

What I find often fixes the issue right away is to stop recording, switch back to camera mode and then back to video mode. The focus corrects itself. It's annoying yes, but it beats having to exit the camera app or restart the phone completely as a work around.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-16 05:52 AM
    You suspect wrong. Happens outside too. Did you not click on the link I provided? There you can read how a member of BlackBerry's camera team explains in detail about this issue of "breathing artifacts".

that sucks then. it looks like a software issue. this problems are supper annoying. I love blackberry physical keyboard but than I get this problem.

did anyone tried different recording app ?
    Last edited by bitek; 11-23-16 at 01:52 AM.
    11-23-16 01:30 AM