I've been rocking my Q10 for almost 3 years, but now I'm unfortunately at a point where the lack of apps is the detrimental factor against using Blackberry anymore. I need to use certain chat applications while I'm working conferences and I can't sideload them; I can Uber and not Lyft, etc. As much as I love my Q10, using it as my phone is no longer an option. I'd like to run VR too, which means the phone has to be a certain size to fit in the headset.

I was leaning more towards Android over iPhone, just on account of customization, but my biggest issue is I don't want all my email accounts linked together. I have several Gmail accounts and I prefer that Google not know that they're all tied to the same person, or link my browser search to those accounts. My friend tells me that there is no way to do avoid this on Android, but I was wondering if PRIV and the Hub will allow me to circumvent this? If so that might be enough to keep me on Blackberry. I basically need a Blackberry to Android or Blackberry to iPhone guide for Dummies because I am so unfamiliar with either OS having used Blackberry exclusively for smartphones. iPhone seems a bit too locked down for my tastes unless someone here can tell me otherwise.

I'm also on Sprint (yes, I know it sucks) so jumping to PRIV means I need to switch carriers too.
    04-23-16 11:41 AM
    I have more than two gmail accounts in the Priv's Hub. But, frankly, I don't know if somehow Google in some manner "watermarks" or otherwise tags the email with "origin phone" info so that they know they are both mine or, at least, associated with my specific Priv. I hope not. I would really consider that a violation of my privacy. But, then again, they are being freely hosted by Google so they may consider that what they can do.

You can download 3rd party browsers and not use the built-in Chrome which might avoid Google's tracking. You can setup different search engines, I believe.

I'm not sure how much is tied to the "HOME" email and google account. I THINK in order to use the Playstore and acquire apps you have to register an account but maybe there's a way to bypass that.

Then a lot of apps seem tied to Google Services. Does that mean google knows all about the use of that app?

Android will be different than your Q10. Will take some learning.
    04-23-16 12:35 PM
    Yeah I was already planning to create a new Gmail account specifically for any Android phone. But then again I think you have to tie your cell phone when you create a new account now, which might link them anyway. Totally sad I have to move away from Blackberry 10.
    04-23-16 07:30 PM
    Yeah I was already planning to create a new Gmail account specifically for any Android phone. But then again I think you have to tie your cell phone when you create a new account now, which might link them anyway. Totally sad I have to move away from Blackberry 10.
    Interesting. But what if someone does not have a cell phone but wants email? I know that they keep pestering me to provide a cell phone just in case I get locked out. So far I have not complied on their web interface. But with their computing power, I'm sure that they have it from my phone and its email log-ons.
    04-23-16 08:34 PM
    I do this too. Except I dont care to protect my info like a paranoid psycotic and I do this to save battery. If I have my gmail account separated from my phone account. I no longer get interist based adds from my 15yo email account, like join Utopia age 62!
    04-23-16 11:17 PM