I am trying to learn the pros and cons of buying a Priv from AT&T vs directly from Blackberry unlocked (and then use it on the AT&T network).
    03-21-16 08:08 PM
    Pros of buying unlocked: you get updates on BlackBerry's schedule, phone is unlocked
    Cons of buying unlocked: upfront pricing, AT&T's Enhanced LTE services (voLTE, WiFi calling) may not work...even though it's the same damn model
    03-21-16 08:34 PM
    Unlocked phones have better resale value, if that matters to you....
    03-22-16 03:04 PM
    I got my last Passport from Shop Blackberry because of a sale, and because the updates come through quicker. What did annoy me though, was trying to get support from Blackberry - in November 2015, I needed support to figure out why a security wipe was taking over 5 days - Blackberry tech support referred me to my carrier (Rogers in Canada) even though the support was supposed to come from Blackberry and Rogers didn't sell the phone to me. The support policy may have changed, but I would phone and confirm.

So this time, Rogers dropped the price last week and based on very good support from them - I decided to order my PRIV from the carrier - yes, I will have to pay to unlock it and I may get updates a bit slower, but Rogers has been good for me.

You'll also have to figure out the economics (outright, plans etc) for your purchase.
    03-22-16 06:23 PM
    If you are interested in a protection plan, if you buy from BlackBerry you will be paying less to protect your device. Blackberry's is $6 per month cheaper and has a $30 lower deductible than Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-16 06:39 PM