Not sure exactly which forum to post this in, but I'm wondering how the Priv which is a BB and an Android device will get set up in BES 12? Most importantly, BB 10 devices are an outbound only solution and do not require any special inbound port mappings. If you want to use Android on BES 12 you have to open up some activesync ports and then start defending your MS Server box against the world.

I'm hoping it gets treated like a BB 10 device, not an Android device requiring Activesync as that would be a real bummer.

Roveer
    10-19-15 02:50 PM
    Not sure exactly which forum to post this in, but I'm wondering how the Priv which is a BB and an Android device will get set up in BES 12? Most importantly, BB 10 devices are an outbound only solution and do not require any special inbound port mappings. If you want to use Android on BES 12 you have to open up some activesync ports and then start defending your MS Server box against the world.

I'm hoping it gets treated like a BB 10 device, not an Android device requiring Activesync as that would be a real bummer.

Roveer
    It will be like any other Android Device most likely.... I know Chen talked about Android for Work which is part of Android 6.0. I kinda imagine that there might be a lot more in the 6.0 update that will make BlackBerry shine a little. Once they release that version.
    10-19-15 03:18 PM
    It will be like any other Android Device most likely.... I know Chen talked about Android for Work which is part of Android 6.0. I kinda imagine that there might be a lot more in the 6.0 update that will make BlackBerry shine a little. Once they release that version.
    10-19-15 03:43 PM
    Not sure exactly which forum to post this in, but I'm wondering ....
    I think your other posting in the BES 12 Forum is in the right place.
    10-19-15 03:57 PM
    Like any other Droid I suppose but with Privileges.
    10-19-15 03:59 PM
    We are installing 12.3 tonight but so far it looks like any other Android phone to BES. Worst thing is....Hub does not support work space!!!! This is bloody useless. Maybe better tomorrow.
    11-16-15 08:33 PM
    Comwave, which method was eventually used to add Blackberry Priv to BES 12?

Are there any limitations you have spotted so far?

Cheers,

Mark
    01-08-16 11:01 AM
    We started with gold licenses with secure work space. But as noted with no use of the HUB this was not going to be good. Email interface within SWS is pretty cumbersome. Now deployed with silver licenses and using the HUB.

We are investigating AFW with the silver licenses to create two spaces. Hopefully we can install the HUB in AFW.

BlackBerry Priv | 5.1.1 AAD027 | Bell
    01-08-16 03:03 PM