I am not sure if someone asked this already, but question is quite obvious :

Bbm video free of charge works on Bb10 only. There's no BBM video for android released (yet), and I think it is available on BBM Meetings only. Which is premium, paid service, but cross platform.

So, we are expected to buy BlackBerry Android phone and not have BBM Video calls, or BBRY expects us to pay additional � on meetings service??

Or, finally, the BBM video will come to android, huh?

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    10-24-15 02:59 PM
    Suspect BBM dvision is so into stickers, they may not actually understand your question.
    bbdaniel10 and Z30Commission like this.
    10-24-15 03:05 PM
    Suspect BBM dvision is so into stickers, they may not actually understand your question.
    Hah, good remark

Passport on 10.3.2 steroids
    10-24-15 03:08 PM
    I'm wondering the same. Really hope they update BBM to include video chat. It should be free for BB10 and Priv users and subscription based for non-BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 03:10 PM
    I'm afraid that this is how I feel. Blackberry's only ambitions for BBM were that it help justify a high sale price in comparison with WhatsApp. After that didn't work, they have basically ceased innovative development in favor of "monetizing" it through inane stickers and "me too" features. It could have been a cross-platform world-beater but instead it's a "popcorn-stand" small business. They killed the platform's potential and turned off too many potential users. BBM is gimped on Apple and Android which is where the users are.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 03:13 PM
    By definition BBM video will disappear as BB10 joins the dodo. Such shortsighted foolishness by BB management.
    10-24-15 03:16 PM
    I'm afraid that this is how I feel. Blackberry's only ambitions for BBM were that it help justify a high sale price in comparison with WhatsApp. After that didn't work, they have basically ceased innovative development in favor of "monetizing" it through inane stickers and "me too" features. It could have been a cross-platform world-beater but instead it's a "popcorn-stand" small business. They killed the platform's potential and turned off too many potential users. BBM is gimped on Apple and Android which is where the users are.

Posted via CB10
    BBM has been in constant development, what do you mean they ceased development?

They have recently added private secure chats, message retracts, and even Paypal integration all in the last year.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-24-15 03:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    excellent points
    10-24-15 03:20 PM
    If this in fact is a BBM chat from the Priv commercial BlackBerry released last week, then no. There will not be video calling- only voice.

Priv and BBM video calls?-img_20151024_162217.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-24-15 03:22 PM
    BBM has been in constant development, what do you mean they ceased development?

They have recently added private secure chats, message retracts, and even Paypal integration all in the last year.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Are you serious? BBM is stagnant. Virtually no one uses it anymore. Stickers, paypal and message retraction? Huh? They clearly have the tehco to do cross platform video. Instead they have tried to monetise BBM. Instead of which they have effectively buried it.
    10-24-15 03:30 PM
    So can anyone confirm if BBM Video is available to the Priv?
    11-10-15 01:34 PM
    So can anyone confirm if BBM Video is available to the Priv?
    No BBM Video on the Priv.
    11-10-15 07:57 PM
    By definition BBM video will disappear as BB10 joins the dodo. Such shortsighted foolishness by BB management.
    Shortsighted how? BlackBerry 10 isn't dying because they're shelving it. Nobody's buying it.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:43 PM
    I have to say coming from BB10 OS on a Z10, I am underwhelmed with the PRIV. To take away key apps and ease of use on many BlackBerry applications will turnoff and away the loyal BlackBerry fans. We are looking for enhancements not detractions.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 07:31 AM
    I just hope to be able to use blackberry blend and video calls with my Priv please
    01-01-16 08:53 PM
    Prior to the Priv, I only had 3 people in my BBM contacts - mostly used it w the wife.

Now that we're both on the Priv, we use Hangouts for Video chats and I've considered uninstalling BBM altogether.

BBM had a chance, a really good chance - but they blew it and now time is not on their side

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 10:25 PM