Guys. Has anyone been able to install a new launcher on the Priv? If not, then this thread is a waste of time.
    I'm using the Nova Launcher as well. I also switch to the Apex Launcher sometime. The PRIV is an Android phone, so it can run Android apps, which launchers are.
    01-23-16 07:16 PM
    Of course. I've setup the Nova launcher, as many others have.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en

It's just another app. Nothing preventing installing other launchers.
    Let see some camera shots of a Priv running Nova Launcher.
    01-23-16 07:38 PM
    Here's a video:

Quite a few in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...shots-1046595/

I linked it up above, install and give it a try. I had it on but removed it.

EDIT: Re-installed it on mine. Here is my PRIV running Nova launcher... 6 icons across, renamed "Textra" to "SMS"

Priv BB10 Launcher?-screenshot_2016-01-23-22-05-01.jpg

BOOM.
    Last edited by shabbs; 01-23-16 at 09:07 PM.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-23-16 07:48 PM
    A launcher is just an app that replaces the stock homescreen (actually, you can have both stock and several launchers on your device at once. You can only run one at a time, but switching takes mere seconds).

Launchers aren't something you need root for.
    I think you guys are a little confused.

What you're thinking of is installing a new ROM. That requires an unlocked bootloader, which isn't available for the Priv.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-23-16 11:34 PM
    A launcher is just an app that replaces the stock homescreen (actually, you can have both stock and several launchers on your device at once. You can only run one at a time, but switching takes mere seconds).

Launchers aren't something you need root for.
    I think you guys are a little confused.

What you're thinking of is installing a new ROM. That requires an unlocked bootloader, which isn't available for the Priv.
    Thanks for the clarification, in my mind, to get a launcher to replicate BB10, you would have to go much lower than an app.
    01-24-16 04:44 AM
    Thanks for the clarification, in my mind, to get a launcher to replicate BB10, you would have to go much lower than an app.
    No problem! That's one of the really cool things about Android; you can change what you'd think would take a lot of work and go deep into the OS to accomplish (like the entire launcher), but instead, it's an app install away. Really fun.

Launchers are some of the most fun you can have with an Android device.
    Go check out the Sticky thread "Post your homescreens" and see all of the fun launchers, icon packs, and themes people have been using on their Priv :-)
    01-24-16 09:23 AM
    Which one is that?
    It's been posted a few times in this forum. The app/launcher is Go Launcher, which also includes a W8/W10 theme and iOS theme.

I have not used Go Launcher myself so I am not sure if it only looks like BB10 or if the theme offers some BB10 functionality. Images of the theme are posted in the Priv screenshot sticky, and elsewhere.
    01-24-16 09:32 AM
    One item (minor) that I would change on the PRIV would be the virtual buttons. They should be the same as a 9900. Back button on the right . The home button shaped like the track pad. The apps open button like the BlackBerry emblem.
    01-24-16 09:56 AM
    No problem! That's one of the really cool things about Android; you can change what you'd think would take a lot of work and go deep into the OS to accomplish (like the entire launcher), but instead, it's an app install away. Really fun.

Launchers are some of the most fun you can have with an Android device.
    Go check out the Sticky thread "Post your homescreens" and see all of the fun launchers, icon packs, and themes people have been using on their Priv :-)
    A launcher cannot be made that would replicate BB10 without going into the OS level.
    01-24-16 09:36 PM
59 123