Hi guys, I just started restricting apps back ground data and what a huge difference it's making,

5 hours of stand by time and it drains 5 percent,

I honestly feel people need to lay off the battery of the priv and start accepting it's android that's the flawed os ,

My buddy has the ios and if he leaves his phone off the entire night he loses 2 percent , I lose 7-8 ,

Dropped it down to 5 now,

Try the background restricting. You get about 4 hours extra usage off your device and the battery starts lasting over the 22 hours they promised.
    10-30-16 12:12 AM
    It depends heavily on usage patterns.

Regarding iOS, my wife has an iPhone 6 and I noticed the opposite. During the night my Priv drops 2-3 %, while her phone drops around 7-8.

Just yesterday we were together the entire day and used our phones pretty much in an equal pattern during that time. We came back home at 8 pm, her iPhone had 7 % battery remaining, I had 57 % on my Priv. With no background data restriction, with Wi-Fi on but unconnected the entire time (her was off). What I think might be the difference is that her iPhone was connected to 4G while I used 3G. I should check how they behave when connected to the same network type to be sure about that.

All in all, I easily get around 5 h SOT and those 22 hours of some "average usage". 6 h SOT if I reduce screen brightness, around 3:30-4 if I turn on 4G, probably because 4G signal strenght is on average far worse than 3G where I live.
    10-30-16 03:37 AM
    Battery life of the Priv is a debatable issue. Since the Marshmallow update it has improved greatly. I am a heavy user and my Battery lasts me for about 8 to 10 hours.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    10-30-16 08:20 AM
    Hi guys, I just started restricting apps back ground data and what a huge difference it's making,

I honestly feel people need to lay off the battery of the priv and start accepting it's android that's the flawed os ,

My buddy has the ios and if he leaves his phone off the entire night he loses 2 percent , I lose 7-8 ,

Try the background restricting. You get about 4 hours extra usage off your device and the battery starts lasting over the 22 hours they promised.
    Done that since day 1 of my DTEK 50. I routinely get 6+ Hrs SOT. Standby draw is very low. Save on data as an added benefit.
    10-30-16 08:53 AM
    I've been consistently getting five to six hours on screen time since I got my new Priv last month. This is using WiFi. With occasional use limited to phone calls and text and Web surfing on WiFi, I easily breeze through a couple of days before needing to recharge.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 09:23 AM

Have you tried stopping the background usage for the Hub? Would it affect the receiving if emails?
    10-30-16 09:31 AM
    Yea my g4 battery isn't anything to write home about either.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    10-30-16 09:39 AM
    My battery has never not lasted the entire day ,except for day one and that was because of all the set up. I am more than satisfied. Definitely lasts longer than my Z30 did
    10-30-16 10:19 AM
    My battery has never not lasted the entire day ,except for day one and that was because of all the set up. I am more than satisfied. Definitely lasts longer than my Z30 did
    If better than the z30 I think that is solid. Not many phones can beat the passport battery life but z30 was good.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 12:51 PM
    Get about 12 hours usage of it with medium usage and about 3.5 hours SOT.

Now I get about 25 hours and 4 hours SOT.

I don't know why battery life isn't consistent.

Also my phone is still a bit hot as general tasks set it up to 35 degrees Celsius.

When I'm taxing it I get to over 40. But this rarely happens.

Still pleased with this device though. Not buying into the dtek60 even though I know in my heart it's probably 200 times better lol.
    10-30-16 01:15 PM
    The less Google based aps you have on the Priv, the better the battery life is. These apps turn on by themselves even after you have pushed Force Stop on the Settings page.

The only apps I have on constantly are Hub and DTEK. These things are the heart and soul of the Priv and what makes the Priv a Priv. So if you are going to castrate these 2 apps, you might as well get a Samsung.

I use my Priv mainly as a phone and not as a computer. So my phone support apps like Mr Number and YouMail are always on.

People who complain about poor battery life simply have installed too many apps that they probably rarely if ever use and are constantly running in the background using up energy.

I use the Battery Saver feature constantly. I am getting about 14-15 hours use and about 5 hrs SOT easily.
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    10-30-16 07:02 PM
    Have you tried stopping the background usage for the Hub? Would it affect the receiving if emails?
    Well don't ever try to do that, you won't be able to receive any email unless you refresh it manually unless you prefer to do so..

Among all the apps I've restricted, I have to let DTEK, Hub services and Hub themselves unrestricted.
    10-31-16 02:35 AM
    Thanks!

I realised recently that the Android OS has been using up a lot of battery.. A lot more than usual. Anyone experiencing that too?
    10-31-16 08:38 PM
    Done that since day 1 of my DTEK 50. I routinely get 6+ Hrs SOT. Standby draw is very low. Save on data as an added benefit.
    What does SOT stand for? I see it used a lot here. Thanks.
    10-31-16 10:22 PM
    Screen On Time. The screen takes a large hit on power. So, folks like to judge the value.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-31-16 10:44 PM
    Thanks!

I realised recently that the Android OS has been using up a lot of battery.. A lot more than usual. Anyone experiencing that too?
    Yes, I noticed the same two days ago. This is mentioned in a previous thread (I can't find it at the moment) and on Android Central. It seems to be a common Android problem. I 'm not sure if the issue is related to charging, updating apps, GPS, location or switching between WiFi and cellular data. Clearing cache and turning the device off/on appears to reduce the Android OS battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 10:50 PM
    Yeah.. Mine started some time last Friday.. Still can't figure out what's causing the drain though
    11-01-16 01:05 AM
    Had my priv for 2 days now battery life so far is around 13 hours medium to heavy use
    11-01-16 03:15 AM
    Haven't experienced anything unusual. I do turn off my Priv every night when recharging.
    11-01-16 04:20 AM
    Haven't experienced anything unusual. I do turn off my Priv every night when recharging.
    I've found that turning the phone off when charging also helps with high Android OS battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 08:52 AM
    Thanks for asking. I was about to myself. LOL!
    Last edited by Coyote55; 11-01-16 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot the quote.
    andy957 and FF22 like this.
    11-01-16 01:01 PM
    I've found my phone to give me 5.30-6h SOT when I charge the battery for a few minutes over 100 and then use it. When I plug it out at say 98, I get just about 5h.
    11-01-16 02:48 PM

My battery life lasts for 10 to 11 hours. I consider it as good as my Passport battery life . Here is the screen shot of my battery performance.
    Attached Thumbnails priv battery life-81470.jpg  
    11-02-16 11:02 AM
    My battery life lasts for 10 to 11 hours. I consider it as good as my Passport battery life . Here is the screen shot of my battery performance.
    2h30 average SOT? That's horrible. My average would be around 5h since I usually get 4h30-6h SOT. And 10h Battery life? I get at least 20h with 5h of SOT.
    11-02-16 12:06 PM

How will you do it?
    11-02-16 01:43 PM
49 12