Has the Marshmallow OS helped with the Priv's battery life. I had a Priv for a couple of days when launched and returned to my Passport because of the poor battery life.....
    10-20-16 01:38 PM
    Most say that it really has....

Some have also admitted that since the phone can do so much more... they use it a lot more.
    10-20-16 01:58 PM
    Has the Marshmallow OS helped with the Priv's battery life. I had a Priv for a couple of days when launched and returned to my Passport because of the poor battery life.....
    It is not clear from your post if you still have it or returned it when returning to your passport. If you still have it, no problem testing it out yourself. But as DuntDunt... said, many do report increased battery life and less heating.
    10-20-16 02:06 PM
    Yes, MM along with BlackBerry's own updates to their software. Is a huge jump in performance and battery.

It's pretty stable now and I'm getting a satisfactory battery life.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-16 02:37 PM
    Battery life on the Priv has greatly improved since the Marshmallow update. I find it at par with my Passport SE.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    10-20-16 03:53 PM
    Nothing special, you'll get about 5 hours SOT and at least say 4.5 hours.

Itl get you through the day easily if you a medium user. Hard user? You'll be needing a recharge come lunch time.

Soft user? 2 days easily..

Own the phone for over a year now. This is my findings, got the 004 unlocked blackberry variant.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-20-16 04:01 PM
    Nothing special, you'll get about 5 hours SOT and at least say 4.5 hours.

Itl get you through the day easily if you a medium user. Hard user? You'll be needing a recharge come lunch time.

Soft user? 2 days easily..

Own the phone for over a year now. This is my findings, got the 004 unlocked blackberry variant.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    This is pretty much my exact same experience. I had marshmallow installed immediately when I got my Priv last month, no issues at all on battery life on use patterns described above.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-20-16 05:54 PM
    For what they charge for this phone, battery life should be significantly better than it is. I've tried every workaround and tip that I've found, and I'm still getting only 4-5 hours. I have an iPhone for work and it lasts 2-3 times as long on a single charge as the Priv does. Also, I am losing text messages which never arrive, calls drop frequently, reception is patchy in places where it was strong on my Passport, and the camera is awful.

All in all, I'm truly disappointed in this phone. I bought a new Passport to return to, as it's a truly superior phone, even without the app ecosystem that Android has.
    10-23-16 08:36 PM
    Camera is awful on the Priv? That's gotta be the joke of the century. Priv's camera is miles ahead of BlackBerry Passport, and yes I own both and have had both since they have been launched.
    DiegoV_G, newcollector and Bay 13 like this.
    10-23-16 11:58 PM
    For what they charge for this phone, battery life should be significantly better than it is. I've tried every workaround and tip that I've found, and I'm still getting only 4-5 hours. I have an iPhone for work and it lasts 2-3 times as long on a single charge as the Priv does. Also, I am losing text messages which never arrive, calls drop frequently, reception is patchy in places where it was strong on my Passport, and the camera is awful.

All in all, I'm truly disappointed in this phone. I bought a new Passport to return to, as it's a truly superior phone, even without the app ecosystem that Android has.
    I agree. The Priv battery life is very poor. I can barely get through a long day with light use and usually power down for a couple of hours here and there just so I have some juice at the end of the day.

The large battery made me think this phone would be a monster but it's worse than my Z30 for sure. What a shame. I love the phone otherwise.
    Nels likes this.
    10-25-16 01:40 PM
    I am on MM OS , my battery life is approximately 25% less than it was on my Passport.
    10-25-16 04:30 PM
    The problem is the background data on each and every app.
    Go to Settings: data use: and then restrict background data on each individual app.
    Battery life will improve immensely.
    You will then have to work out which apps you need background data for and turn them back on - e.g Emails, BBM
    I wish I had this info when I purchased the PRIV as my initial experience would have been markedly better. I bought an iPhone because of this but will still use the PRIV and Passport for ALL work related matters as these are phones for do'ers.
    IPhone for stuntin, BlackBerry for business.
    10-25-16 06:52 PM
    Has anyone tried to disable background data for the Hub before? Would emails etc still be able to come in?
    10-26-16 04:46 AM
    I'm getting an awful battery life as well. But as I receive MM updates, overheating and battery life improved a bit. But not that significant. I guess. In my own experience.
    10-26-16 02:20 PM
    I too am a bit disappointed by the battery life. I would gladly carry a thicker phone in exchange for hours more battery life. The constant push towards thinner does not appeal to me at all.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-16 02:45 PM
    I am getting a average life of 10 to 11 hours on my Priv which I suppose is as good as my Passport. Can't complain at all . The Marshmallow update has been a blessing in disguise in terms of battery life and overall performance. Here is the screen shot of the battery performance.
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life-81470.jpg  
    11-02-16 10:52 AM