terrible
    Try using a different Facebook app

Posted via Priv
    02-21-16 10:49 PM
    How long does a fully charged BlackBerry Priv battery last without switching off mobile data service?

Posted via CB10
    Mine is lasting 36 hours or more.
    02-21-16 11:25 PM
    Max 7 hours with fairly heavy use and some standby time.
    With pure heavy use probably about 5 hours? Hard to pin down because it's the distance to the cell towers and or do you use WiFi, Are you on a metal building etc???? just hard to say.
    Leaving screen on as a test is not a true test surfing the Web is.
    Yes there are apps that slow down the consumption a bit but not enough to brag about.
    Even Battery Guru drags on the CPU a bit and like all the other apps the really are designed for standby time not real time usage.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-16 12:38 AM
    I use mine from 9 am until 3 am and usually have tons of battery left over (30 percent ish). I can get screen on time 6-7 hours. I use Wifi, LTE, lots of apps and do phone calls etc too.

However I do use dark themes on most of my apps if that helps.

I used to have horrible battery life until I did a factory wipe a week after getting my phone and setting it up fresh with NO Blackberry content transfer app. Since then and the updates have gotten amazing battery life. Very happy.

02-22-16 02:44 AM
    I use mine from 9 am until 3 am and usually have tons of battery left over (30 percent ish). I can get screen on time 6-7 hours. I use Wifi, LTE, lots of apps and do phone calls etc too.

However I do use dark themes on most of my apps if that helps.

I used to have horrible battery life until I did a factory wipe a week after getting my phone and setting it up fresh with NO Blackberry content transfer app. Since then and the updates have gotten amazing battery life. Very happy.

Me too. I get very good battery life and I'm on my device all day and night lol.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    02-22-16 07:47 PM
    I've been one of the unfortunately souls that have struggled with battery life on the Priv since day one, and I'm on my second device. Done most of the tricks that people recommend, most recently replacing Facebook and Twitter with Metal, but I didn't find that helped too much. Also didn't like how it prevented me from directly sharing tweets from external apps. But anyways, I saw someone suggest removing the Google App from my phone. You lose Google Now, which I didn't find overly useful and was wondering how much juice the constant location scanning used up, and the swipe shortcuts. Not sure if it's my imagination, but my battery life seems to have significantly improved. It's 11:36 p.m. as I'm typing this, and I unplugged my phone around 8 or 9 a.m. this morning. Granted it hasn't been a heavy use type of day, but still. Will continue to monitor the situation.
    02-24-16 01:37 AM
    I've been one of the unfortunately souls that have struggled with battery life on the Priv since day one, and I'm on my second device. Done most of the tricks that people recommend, most recently replacing Facebook and Twitter with Metal, but I didn't find that helped too much. Also didn't like how it prevented me from directly sharing tweets from external apps. But anyways, I saw someone suggest removing the Google App from my phone. You lose Google Now, which I didn't find overly useful and was wondering how much juice the constant location scanning used up, and the swipe shortcuts. Not sure if it's my imagination, but my battery life seems to have significantly improved. It's 11:36 p.m. as I'm typing this, and I unplugged my phone around 8 or 9 a.m. this morning. Granted it hasn't been a heavy use type of day, but still. Will continue to monitor the situation.
    I have deleted Google app .. Now lets see the difference thanks for the tip

02-24-16 01:49 AM
    Did you use Content Transfer? Have you done a factory reset to set up the phone fresh?

02-24-16 04:24 AM
    After reading about it, I uninstalled the Google App also. I can say that my battery life went up by %10.

02-24-16 09:54 AM
    My battery life used to be great, but ever since the last security update Blackberry services has been draining my battery bad. Today I haven't used the phone, off charger for 3 hours, down to 80%, all Blackberry services for some reason.
    02-24-16 10:24 AM
    Definitely the screen on time has a lot of room for improvement.

I'm usually getting around 4hrs sot. We're talking charging when it's around 10% battery life left.

02-24-16 10:47 AM
    Did you use Content Transfer? Have you done a factory reset to set up the phone fresh?

I've never used Content Transfer on either of my Privs. Once I got my second device, I did a factory reset because my Gmail wasn't working. Helped with the email issue but not battery life, unfortunately.

02-24-16 11:49 AM
    I think the problem with the battery life is that the phone spends too much juice on standby. They can improve that by implementing some software like Sony's stamina mode. My 2 cents.

02-24-16 11:56 AM
    Fantastic battery.

Very comparable to when I had my passport (I know some would disagree but that's your problem. I used both so I know I'm right).

Been off the charger since 7:25am. The straight line in the graph from about 1am to 7:25am was when it was on the charger and fully charged.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life-53968.jpg  
    02-24-16 02:53 PM
    I think the problem with the battery life is that the phone spends too much juice on standby. They can improve that by implementing some software like Sony's stamina mode. My 2 cents.

Stand by consumption for me is about 1.5% per hour on WiFi.
    02-24-16 02:54 PM
    Screen on time not bad either.

Off the charger since 7:25am when I left home for work.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life-53969.jpg  
    02-24-16 02:58 PM
    I bet you didn't use it very much, sorry it was for the guy that said he was walking around all day with his phone.

03-24-16 08:32 AM
    Hey guys I switched back to Battery Bot (An app I used back in 2014) though it does not read which apps does what to your battery it does pop up the built in app and it has the ability to read in real time what your battery is doing at the time.
    It closely matches the built-in battery reader and so it's a win-win as far as accuracy but with the real time reader it goes one step further and has a widget too so give it a try and let's see how far we can go as far as battery time and put together an average time.

03-25-16 08:56 PM
    Usually disconnect charger at 7am and last till 4-6am next day. Constantly on emails with 7x accounts, Youtube, SMS, games, BBM, GPS. So basically charge every other day to 100%. First two weeks the battery was terrible, 4-7 hrs as others have mentioned. After two weeks I started getting full day+ usage. You have to really use this device for more than a Month to normalize.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 09:09 PM
    I was about to give up but after this and a few other things I did I think I'm going to keep the old girl around for a while...

Attached Thumbnails Priv battery life-219865.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-16 01:12 AM
    That's with the app set on maximum sensitivity.

03-26-16 01:14 AM
    Battery life is NOT poor on the Priv.

If you charge it properly before first use, leave it plugged in when updating, reboot after updates and charge fully each time before playing with it, then you'll have a great battery life.

There are of course a few lemons BUT they happen with every device so don't think it's just a Priv thing.

Per the attached pic, I get this regularly depending on much I play games each day.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    Those suggestions have nothing to do with modern battery life.

If you are getting great Priv battery life you are simply not a heavy user.
    baspeed likes this.
    03-26-16 01:56 AM
    Those suggestions have nothing to do with modern battery life.

If you are getting great Priv battery life you are simply not a heavy user.
    And if you come from z10 and not a z30 you don't know what battery life is. The z10 couldn't hold a candle.

My priv can't come close. Android hog

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 04:34 AM
    You should be able to stay on the Web till your fingers burn out or you go insane!
    After I dumped a few apps running service I can't sit here for 7-8-9 or 10 hours straight according to BatteryBot estimate and the built in said 8 man I just can't do it! Hehehehehe!!!
    I dumped Facebook a while back then a so called battery saver that said it killed background task.
    I also moved many of my apps to SD card and they run from there giving my phone some elbow room for apps as needed.
    Dumped a few other unless apps including GSam installed BatteryBot Pro ran 2 phone cleaners and reboot and man I just couldn't take it no more! Hehehehehe my thumbs told me to back up at 75%!
    I had a Google sync service app disabled but I guess the update kicked it back in.
    So far so good. I think the key is to disable many apps that serve you no purpose such as language apps and Lookout is a battery hog too along with many of those AT&T apps if you are with them.

OK time for a cold one and kick back on my rear end and grin!!!

Oops my phone quickly charged back up faster than before!

Have fun!!!

03-26-16 03:21 PM
49 12