Anyone having horrible battery life with the Priv? Have it for a day now and have to get it to charge to 100%.

My home charger is a 5 port 40w anker and the phone was at 50% after charging for 7 hrs!

I'm wondering if I got a dud or are people having poor battery performance as well?
    11-07-15 11:27 AM
    4 hrs so far and at 91%. First full day today. Will keep you posted

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 11:30 AM
    Charged really quick yesterday. No issues with charging.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-07-15 11:31 AM
    Are people insane ?.... all the complains after one day of usage. Why don't you let settle in everything at least 3-4 days or to be sure a week. Don't forget to calibrate the battery....

Would you go for a 250km/h ride with your new car on day one ?
    11-07-15 11:31 AM
    I must be insane thinking that my phone would be charged after 7 hours.. But anyway, someone have feedback about their Priv battery life?

No need to let me know about your driving habits.
    11-07-15 11:52 AM
    Are people insane ?.... all the complains after one day of usage. Why don't you let settle in everything at least 3-4 days or to be sure a week. Don't forget to calibrate the battery....

Agreed it takes a bit for the phone to settle in but certainly not 3-4 days or a week. After the Day 1 setup, the phone should finish all of its indexing, etc. overnight and be fully ready for action on Day 2. I've had plenty of Android phones to know this. I think starting at Day 2, we can get a good idea about battery life and I'm interested to hear more from the OP after he uses it some more today.

Oh, and I drove my truck back home over 1,000 miles on Day 1 with no problems at all! LOL!
    11-07-15 12:14 PM

Oh, and I drove my truck back home over 1,000 miles on Day 1 with no problems at all! LOL!
    Driving long distance is not a problem for the engine, but when you push it it to the upper limit on day one it can actually kill the engine.

Same for batteries. Start the device, use it until it shuts itself down because of low battery. Recharge it without booting up and then reuse it again completely until it shuts itself off. Then you will be getting best battery experience in the future
    11-07-15 12:41 PM
    Anyone having horrible battery life with the Priv? Have it for a day now and have to get it to charge to 100%.

My home charger is a 5 port 40w anker and the phone was at 50% after charging for 7 hrs!

I'm wondering if I got a dud or are people having poor battery performance as well?
    Use the original charger to compare charging time, and remember if you use your device non stop it will drain the battery faster, mine lasts about 11 hrs after a full charge, which is better then my passport. I charge mine over night with the original charger.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    11-07-15 12:56 PM
    Unplugged it from the charger a 2pm yesterday. At 2am my battery was at 45%. I shot a 4 minute 4K video, posted half a dozen instagram photos, installed a bunch of apps, surfed Facebook and Twitter, checked my gmail, texted friends, demo'd some of the cool features to friends. Wasn't super heavy use, but I'm happy with the battery so far.
    11-07-15 01:51 PM
    Driving long distance is not a problem for the engine, but when you push it it to the upper limit on day one it can actually kill the engine.

Same for batteries. Start the device, use it until it shuts itself down because of low battery. Recharge it without booting up and then reuse it again completely until it shuts itself off. Then you will be getting best battery experience in the future
    Batteries don't work that way anymore, not at all.
    11-07-15 01:59 PM
    Batteries don't work that way anymore, not at all.
    Oh sorry forgot that they are magic now. There didn't change a lot the last few years ... they were busy trying to figure a cheaper way to produce. when he is implicating that he got a problem with the battery he needs to try this way ;-)

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-ca...android-device

Check method 1 and of course you should only do this once but it often helps ;-)
    11-07-15 02:32 PM
    A total urban myth going back to the days of NiCd. Running lithium rechargeable batteries to low voltage shutdown is known to cause problems, and in some cases irreparable damage to the cells. Ideally keep it topped up above 50% if possible by occasional short boosts during the day, and try not to go below 25-30% in regular usage unless it is unavoidable. (This avoids the risk of accidentally running to total discharge, and leaves enough reserve for that unexpected emergency situation).

The correct procedure for a new lithium rechargeable battery is to boost it up to full charge before first real usage, then use normally and expect the capacity may improve slightly over the first few charge cycles.
    11-07-15 06:05 PM
    Mine died super quick yesterday. But I set the phone up twice and it got warm.

2nd day today and at 4pm it's at 57%. Used it heavy this morning, did a ride using Strava and Pandora. So not good, but settling in....
    11-07-15 06:10 PM

Hilarious! The battery is new and needs to be worked in, people demanding immediate results!

At first my passport felt like the battery was draining, after some adjustments my battery performs flawlessly.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-07-15 06:12 PM
    Techno-guy, I think you may have been on to something with the indexing as the first night was just horrible but it's better on standby after the weekend.

The weird thing is that unless I'm using a 2A charger, then I'm seeing horrible charge times. Worse, I only saw a 1 percent jump after 30 min on a 2A charger with the screen on at half brightness.
    Anyone know of a good android app that shows you much power your phone is getting while charging?
    Techno-guy likes this.
    11-08-15 08:16 PM
    After 2 days of use, I was horrified to discover I had 7 hours of idle before a fully drained battery. Between a little research and some feedback from a rather rebellious teenager (who is learning video game design and uses trigonometry to solve his issues), I have about 32 hours at idle.

Granted, the average consumer would not search for this issue. Considering I am nine years into BlackBerry and have only Android experience through a Nook HD+, I cannot be the only person experiencing this problem. Sad, certainly, but not so much a BlackBerry issue.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by NightFire; 11-09-15 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typos
    11-09-15 12:22 AM