I have had the Priv since November 18 2015 and as much as I love it I have had constant issues with Battery Life. I have been involved in Priv marshmallow update and hoped that would fix the battery life and heat issues, but no luck.

Five days ago I was ready to give up and return my Priv, my Battery life was awful. I did one last search on Priv Battery Life problems and saw the post about doing a factory reset solving the issues. Well I broke down and did the full factory reset - WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!!!

The Priv flies now - the battery lasts a full day and into the next morning and no more heat issues. PLEASE ANYONE WITH BATTERY OR HEAT ISSUES - DO THE FULL FACTORY RESET - IT WORKS.

The android restore feature put all my apps back and I just had to set up my email and BBM again and add some settings back for things like Crestron control. I really love my Priv now - it's awesome.
    nick13b, Raj Francis and jones1202 like this.
    06-26-16 08:21 AM
    Hmmm.
    I wonder how similar a full reset is to compared to doing the auto loader deal. ??
    Can anyone chime in ?

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    06-26-16 08:47 AM
    I've tried this a few times and not luck doing a reset to decrease heat or increase battery after a few days right back to the start.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 09:40 AM
    I'm back to my Classic due to email issues also. I don't think the Priv is a replacement for a power user it's a wanna be Blackberry. Going to ditch the Priv and stock pile Classics.

Posted via CB10
    makaiman likes this.
    06-26-16 09:42 AM
    I did one last search on Priv Battery Life problems and saw the post about doing a factory reset solving the issues.
    Would you be willing to share exactly what post that was and were there included instructions?

I've read quite a few posts saying this helps but not exactly sure how to do so. I'm intrigued and willing to try it if the heat and battery issues would subside.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-27-16 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Repaired quote
    Gray likes this.
    06-26-16 02:55 PM
    Would you be willing to share exactly what post that was and were there included instructions?

I've read quite a few posts saying this helps but not exactly sure how to do so. I'm intrigued and willing to try it if the heat and battery issues would subside.

Settings, backup and reset, factory data reset.

Make sure you remember your Google account - you will need it when the phone restarts.
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-27-16 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Repaired quote
    BigAl_BB9900 and RDM1149 like this.
    06-26-16 03:19 PM
    The same thing, after a reset last week, I just came from a psytrance party after 2 days and my PRIV had enough battery for the whole almost 40h with lots of photos and videos taken!
    Factory reset worked great for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-26-16 03:26 PM
    Settings, backup and reset, factory data reset.

Make sure you remember your Google account - you will need it when the phone restarts.
    Thanks. I'll have to give it a try. Maybe this will resolve the heat and battery issues and I won't have to wait around on Verizon for the Marshmallow update.

Last edited by Elite1; 06-27-16 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Repaired quote
    06-26-16 03:56 PM
    It worked for a few days and went back to being bad
    I get about 3 hours maximum 4 now

06-26-16 04:19 PM
    It worked for a few days and went back to being bad
    I get about 3 hours maximum 4 now

Well, that's not what I want to hear... Guess I'll see what happens for me.

06-26-16 05:32 PM
    I've done the factory reset several times with out success. The only way, if any, to get more than 24 hours of battery life is for me not to use it.

06-26-16 07:00 PM
    I have had the Priv since November 18 2015 and as much as I love it I have had constant issues with Battery Life. I have been involved in Priv marshmallow update and hoped that would fix the battery life and heat issues, but no luck.

Five days ago I was ready to give up and return my Priv, my Battery life was awful. I did one last search on Priv Battery Life problems and saw the post about doing a factory reset solving the issues. Well I broke down and did the full factory reset - WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!!!

The Priv flies now - the battery lasts a full day and into the next morning and no more heat issues. PLEASE ANYONE WITH BATTERY OR HEAT ISSUES - DO THE FULL FACTORY RESET - IT WORKS.

The android restore feature put all my apps back and I just had to set up my email and BBM again and add some settings back for things like Crestron control. I really love my Priv now - it's awesome.
    Were you able to save contacts, texts, browser favorites?

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    06-26-16 07:22 PM
    This problem has been going on way too long. BlackBerry should be ashamed of themselves. If I ever decide to leave my beloved Passport it won't be for a BlackDroid!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 07:23 PM
    This problem has been going on way too long. BlackBerry should be ashamed of themselves. If I ever decide to leave my beloved Passport it won't be for a BlackDroid!

Posted via CB10
    It's not a problem for most. Kinda like screen lift on Passports.
    jakie55 likes this.
    06-26-16 07:29 PM
    Try installing Clean Master and Cool Master. I found those helped a lot with the phone heating during app updates and cleaning out cache and junk files. Then again I have never had problems with heat and battery drain .

Posted via my Priv
    06-26-16 09:51 PM
    I had this problem when I installed Whatsapp after uninstalling Whatsapp no batt issue anymore.

06-26-16 11:32 PM
    It's a android issue I had to do the same thing on two previous phones Droid turbo 2 and a galaxy s6 that's why I switched to BB10, I was sick of android issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 11:58 PM
    It's a android issue I had to do the same thing on two previous phones Droid turbo 2 and a galaxy s6 that's why I switched to BB10, I was sick of android issues.

Posted via CB10
    Talk about out of the pan and into the fire....

It's very possible that many of BB10 issues are also Android issues... especially when it's running Android 4.3 in a runtime environment. I expect that without the Runtime and BBM... us Z10 users might have had a much better device. Well as long as we didn't want any apps.
    06-27-16 07:39 AM
    I did the Factory Reset once I received MM and the only time I got the heating issue was when I play games.
    Pallet Spoon likes this.
    06-27-16 07:59 AM
    So check this out. (I'm on MM btw). My battery life has been terrible this morning (granted I've been on my phone for the past 2hrs but still), so I check my battery usage and see that the T-Mobile app has used 8% (odd) and then I go to DTEK and it says my operating system has been compromised (wtf?). I wonder if there's a correlation. Seriously considering a factory reset. Oh, and yes... my phone gets HOT. I'm constantly getting the 'phone is too hot message'... oh, and btw, my battery has dropped 3% since I started typing this. Smh

Attached Thumbnails Priv Battery and Heat Issues Solved!!!-283637.jpg  
    06-27-16 12:38 PM
    Battery Usage Screenshot

Attached Thumbnails Priv Battery and Heat Issues Solved!!!-283635.jpg  
    06-27-16 12:40 PM
    T-Mobile is a discussed application for being a problem child. I suggest disabling it, doing a 30 second restart, and see how it goes. May help you out, I'm on Verizon 5.1.1 and have no battery or heat issues. But maybe my usage is not as crazy as I think it is.

06-27-16 12:57 PM
    So, doing a factory reset on an Android... probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. I'm so used to BBOS and BB10 backing up EVERYTHING. I've lost my Notes, Password Keeper Entries, and I would have lost my contacts had I not backed them up via the content transfer app when I first got the Priv. Meanwhile, not even a guarantee that the battery/heat issue will be fixed. Kicking myself right now.

06-27-16 04:26 PM
    So, doing a factory reset on an Android... probably one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. I'm so used to BBOS and BB10 backing up EVERYTHING. I've lost my Notes, Password Keeper Entries, and I would have lost my contacts had I not backed them up via the content transfer app when I first got the Priv. Meanwhile, not even a guarantee that the battery/heat issue will be fixed. Kicking myself right now.

It doesn't even put your apps and app settings back. It reinstalls the apps, but you have to put all of your settings back for each individual app AND set all of your home screens back up.

06-27-16 04:54 PM
    Its good when new

I spent a long time learning.

Started with the screen separating from the body of my phone. Solved it with the pressure points to align the track.

Second was the creek on the side from dropping it. Learned the fingernail trick to fix it.

3rdly was the overheating issues. I flash.bat bio installed my T-Mobile OS, then created a new gmail for my phone, and set up emails from hub and deactivated gmail. Now since the marshmallow update it seems to heat up again (like it use to)

I'll just reinstall the flash.bat out for marshmallow. (Should fix the problems.
    06-27-16 08:43 PM
79 123 ...