I have tried everything and yet the battery is really something of big concern for me. I can only have 5 hrs to the max.
    Read many threads, tried all of them, yet no improvements.

I keep on clearing all the opened apps to ensure everything is closed on background. Furthermore, moved all my apps to sd card with the hope this will improve.

Tried with greenify and that made it even worst so i uninstalled it.

What the heck is left.

Battery it really matters. Comon BBRY?? This is not a computer to keep on buzzing all the time. Can u get some lessons from iphone from their iphone 6+ best practices?!
    04-03-16 01:57 PM
    I have noticed this lately, although was an issue before, but last few days, major battery drain, it seems screen and blackberry services are really killing the battery, I don't know what's happening, but look at the attached.
    Over and above the massive battery drain, heating issues, I can't take a call after using the device, nominal use, it's too hot to put to my ear. I've had several PRIV devices and they all had the same issue, there is something seriously wrong here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Priv - battery battery battery-15747.jpg  
    04-03-16 02:08 PM
    How is cell signal? Is it struggling to retain coverage?
    04-03-16 02:22 PM
    Nope full bars for me. The screen is the main issue, and I have switched everything off, this is annoying , I don't have this issue with my s7 edge and the battery easily lasts two days on the edge with same use.

04-03-16 02:24 PM
    I don't know enough about "keep awake" apps but there are some that don't allow it to turn off the screen.
    04-03-16 03:00 PM
    I keep on clearing all the opened apps to ensure everything is closed on background. Furthermore, moved all my apps to sd card with the hope this will improve.
    This may actually work against you... Android has great memory management and it's advised to leave those apps there as opposed to constantly clearing them out. Closing regularly will force the phone to use more "juice" when re-opening them when you go to use them. Moving apps to the SD card... not sure if that would affect battery. They'll perform slower than on internal memory though.
    04-03-16 03:11 PM
    If your screen is a big drain here are some things I have found help: I have gotten better battery life after I started using either the pocket belt case or the flip case with the magnets that darken the screen when I am not actually using the phone. (I have both and like the flip case better because of ease of use.) Also I assume you have experimented with the screen brightness and adaptive brightness. When I get updates for apps it takes extra battery and I got several over the last day or two.
    04-03-16 05:19 PM
    load this app its called: All-in-one toolbox it gives me all day from 7am to 10pm battery
    04-03-16 05:58 PM
    When the screen is off, is the phone still awake most of the time? That means something is drawing the juice in the background. In my own case, the screen on bar and awake bar are almost identical.

04-03-16 06:21 PM
    Moving the apps to SD Card doesn't always yield performance and battery improvement. Specially when you've got a very fast SD Card or very slow.

My Note 3 suffered this with bad SD Card. Perhaps the scanning and indexing causes it.

First thing you need to isolate if there are any such apps that you use can be the cause. To verify it's not a bad battery or hardware, the best way is to start fresh and install new apps one at a time and observe the standby performance.

Unfortunately not two guys use their phone exactly and what works for others may not work for you. For eg I am happy to use Facebook without the app but for some it's a deal breaker.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-03-16 08:59 PM
    I reached out to BlackBerry support, and they asked me to run in safe mode, or I think battery saving mode and see if the issue persists, if there are any apps misbehaving. I dropped a few apps, although don't think they were the issue, cause have them running on S7 and don't seem to create an issue. I think the main culprit, since I was getting the majority of drain from the screen, so I switched off adaptive screen, and which I found more effective flick to wake. Battery seems to be holding out abit better.

04-04-16 01:25 AM
    You can't compare this with S7. Samsung has done a great deal of work optimising their kernel to conserve battery and CPU.

BlackBerry is clearly behind and will need to fix this eventually. Some apps that may work better or "normal" on Samsung, may kill or heat up BlackBerry Priv. That's from my experience too.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-04-16 01:38 AM
    You may have all ready tried this but go to wifi click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select advanced. Turn off scanning always available and network notification.

Posted from my Priv
    04-04-16 09:43 AM
    The priv is flawed, basically we all in the same boat. I experience exactly what you experience. Hopefully it gets better or sorts itself out.
    04-06-16 02:25 PM
    Wish I could tell you what I am doing different, but it's 9pm and I have been off the charger since 7:30 this morning and have 25 percent battery left. Basically in use continuously throughout the day for FB, Twitter etc, phone, email, Web, Hub, and a couple of hours of podcasts.

04-06-16 08:05 PM
    Dunno what you guys are talking about. 6 sot today- streamed a full football game on lte hours of calls,browsing and still 12% left. I have to admit that in last 3 days the phone does not warm up at all.

Attached Thumbnails Priv - battery battery battery-93834.jpg  
    04-06-16 10:04 PM
    Forgot to mention that I installed greenify maybe that is the reason.

04-06-16 10:05 PM
    So with these wildly varying results (or maybe not so wildly, since it sounds like most are overheating/draining battery) is this just something that we need to look forward to being fixed in a future build of the Priv? Has there been any realistic estimate on what effect Marshmallow will have on battery conservation and cooling issues?
    04-06-16 10:29 PM
    I have tried everything and yet the battery is really something of big concern for me. I can only have 5 hrs to the max.
    Read many threads, tried all of them, yet no improvements.

Tried with greenify and that made it even worst so i uninstalled it.

What the heck is left.

Battery it really matters. Comon BBRY?? This is not a computer to keep on buzzing all the time. Can u get some lessons from iphone from their iphone 6+ best practices?!
    Did you try factory reset with NO content transfer app?

04-07-16 03:36 AM
    Autoloader guys it fixes everything.

04-07-16 05:15 AM