My phone is supposedly sending backups to my google account but when I login to my google account I don't see any phone backups. Where is the backup located in my google account? Also is this a full backup? I have a backup waiting but I need a full backup before I update because updates have ALWAYS screwed my BB up in the past resulting in wiping the phone and restoring the pre-update version.
    04-25-17 04:15 PM
    There is no scheduler provided, and they state that it uploads to their time frame, which they don't state.

And, you have to leave your wifi on the whole time!

It's a very unsatisfactory situation, and I don't use it.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-17 07:23 PM
    My phone is supposedly sending backups to my google account but when I login to my google account I don't see any phone backups. Where is the backup located in my google account? Also is this a full backup? I have a backup waiting but I need a full backup before I update because updates have ALWAYS screwed my BB up in the past resulting in wiping the phone and restoring the pre-update version.
    Go into google drive app. Click on three lines in upper left. Select "backups". That will tell you the last time it backed up, but that is about all it gives you (plus some app info and a couple other files). If you want something more comprehensive, you would probably need to find an app in the play store that suits your needs.
    FF22 and 1122334455667788 like this.
    04-25-17 10:46 PM
    There is no scheduler provided, and they state that it uploads to their time frame, which they don't state.

And, you have to leave your wifi on the whole time!

It's a very unsatisfactory situation, and I don't use it.
    While they aren't terribly specific, they do say backups are run when:
    "The user has enabled backup on the device in Settings > Backup & Reset.
    At least 24 hours have elapsed since the last backup.
    The device is idle and charging.
    The device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If the device is never connected to a wifi network, then Auto Backup never occurs."
    In other words, for anyone who regularly charges their device while connected to wifi, the backup will run once a day.
    04-26-17 09:07 AM
    It is NOT a full backup. It backs up data of SOME apps, as well as some settings.
    It does NOT backup any files/photos (there is a separate feature which allows auto upload of photos) you may have on the device.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-26-17 09:10 AM
    Go into google drive app. Click on three lines in upper left. Select "backups". That will tell you the last time it backed up, but that is about all it gives you (plus some app info and a couple other files). If you want something more comprehensive, you would probably need to find an app in the play store that suits your needs.
    You can also use this to see which apps were actually backed up. Some apps don't support the backup feature.
    04-26-17 09:11 AM
    While they aren't terribly specific, they do say backups are run when:
    "The user has enabled backup on the device in Settings > Backup & Reset.
    At least 24 hours have elapsed since the last backup.
    The device is idle and charging.
    The device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If the device is never connected to a wifi network, then Auto Backup never occurs."
    In other words, for anyone who regularly charges their device while connected to wifi, the backup will run once a day.
    This. I have never checked my backup timeframe and had it be more than 24 hours ago. Mine typically does it overnight while I am sleeping.
    04-26-17 09:25 AM