Not sure this has been pointed out on other threads but all the main BlackBerry applications on Google Play Store passed the 50,000 downloads..

Still very small numbers but it is encouraging the fact that they moved up from the 10,000-50,000 range.

I am looking forward to see the next goal.. The current bracket is from 50,000 to 100,000.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Priv apps just surpassed the 50K mark on Google Play-29105.jpg  
    01-09-16 12:09 PM
    progress is a slow process
    01-09-16 12:44 PM
    When I've told people I have the Blackberry PRIV their reaction is something along the lines of "you still use Blackberry" or "You love Blackberry but you have to move on"
    01-09-16 01:04 PM
    Funny, the only reaction I get is how slick the Priv is
    qwerty4ever and just_luc like this.
    01-09-16 01:07 PM
    This is a good data point because if it just passed 50K then we don't have to wonder whether the number is closer to 50K than 100K since presumably it just got to 50K.

Now we just need to debate what the 50K means. For example, why would these apps reach this milestone at once? Most likely its because when a Priv user establishes an Google Play account, it downloads updates to the preinstalled apps and counts them.
    01-09-16 01:08 PM
    The Blackberry transfer app has now surpassed 500k. That's a big number given the pre Priv phone sales.

01-09-16 01:11 PM
    I thought we already determined the download count was only for non-BlackBerry Priv.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-09-16 01:13 PM
    Could be but it appears the transfer apps purpose is to port from a BB10 to a Priv.

01-09-16 01:20 PM
    It's about to go up by one because I've got a brand new Priv here for my wife that haven't transfered anything over yet
    01-09-16 01:40 PM
    The Blackberry transfer app has now surpassed 500k. That's a big number given the pre Priv phone sales.

This app has been out for a few years. It was originally meant to transfer from bb10 to android but when the priv came out it was rebranded.

As far as I know at least.
    dolco likes this.
    01-09-16 01:45 PM
    I will consider buying this only when you can pick and choose what permissions you can give to apps and when there is a BlackBerry App that will do backup and restore like Link does with BB10...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 01:47 PM
    I will consider buying this only when you can pick and choose what permissions you can give to apps and when there is a BlackBerry App that will do backup and restore like Link does with BB10...

Posted via CB10
    Really soon.. Once BlackBerry release android 6 for the Priv..

And hopefully they will not try again to develop a software like Link!!

01-09-16 02:31 PM
    I thought we already determined the download count was only for non-BlackBerry Priv.

Did we? I do not think it is clear yet how those downloads count..

01-09-16 02:33 PM

I don't know what all the hate is over Link. I never had an issue with it other than having to re install it a couple of times.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-09-16 02:34 PM
    I don't know what all the hate is over Link. I never had an issue with it other than having to re install it a couple of times.

Posted via CB10
    I agree....I never had one issue with link
    01-09-16 04:04 PM

I'm running a Shop BB Priv, all my updates of Hub, Services, etc come from the play store, why would they not be counted?
    A bigger question would be, when is the count reset? For minor updates? For major updates only? If not reset for minor, then many of the original Privs have been counted Twice, or 3 times?

Guess I'm asking, how, exactly, does Google count the downloads?
    01-11-16 07:33 AM
    Funny, the only reaction I get is how slick the Priv is
    Yeah the only person I have ever showed the Priv to (in an AT&T store) was an S6 Edge owner, and he absolutely loved it. It's hard to say something bad about a phone like the Priv just by looking at it since it's such a great looking device.

Sent from my Passport
    01-11-16 10:47 AM
    is the hub pre-installed in thr priv? if that is the case, that count is the number of people who downloaded the app again. Google does not track updates as downloads.

Unless I am mistaken this count is most likely the number of people who accidentally deleted the app or went back to its default version and had to re download it again.
    01-11-16 10:56 AM
    is the hub pre-installed in thr priv? if that is the case, that count is the number of people who downloaded the app again. Google does not track updates as downloads.

Unless I am mistaken this count is most likely the number of people who accidentally deleted the app or went back to its default version and had to re download it again.
    This sounds to me the most likely scenario.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 11:00 AM
    But - Hub, Services and all the BB stuff is preinstalled. My AT&T version had it without even a SIM installed, ditto for the shop BB one. The core BB apps were never downloaded from Google.
    ---- Pause while I research this---
    ----------
    "So we reached out to both Apple and Google on the matter and you can consider this the canonical answer to that question.

Both Apple and Google tabulate unique downloads of apps per user account. This means that they count only one download of an app no matter how many devices that you install that app on after you purchase it. Neither company counts updates in its app download numbers. These are purely single downloads from their stores.
    Pre-installed apps
    Both companies told me that they do not count pre-installed apps among their numbers.
    Many Android devices come with apps pre-installed that can also be downloaded via the Google Play store, but those do not count towards Play Store downloads. Only apps downloaded from the Play Store with a user account are counted."
    -----------

---http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/05/16/billions-how-exactly-do-apple-and-google-count-app-downloads/

This just leaves me more confused, there should be nowhere the numbers that Google is reporting.
    01-11-16 08:25 PM

Jesus Christ. Link was terrible back with my Z10 and a loose USB connection.

01-12-16 09:02 PM
    Jesus Christ. Link was terrible back with my Z10 and a loose USB connection.

Stop hating on Link. It works just fine. What I found to make it smooth is instead of updating it delete it and download it new from the blackberry site whenever there is an update.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 08:55 PM
    Stop hating on Link. It works just fine. What I found to make it smooth is instead of updating it delete it and download it new from the blackberry site whenever there is an update.

Posted via CB10
    You consider what you just stated as a good way to make link work properly "just fine"?

Sent from my Passport
    01-13-16 11:10 PM
    Could be but it appears the transfer apps purpose is to port from a BB10 to a Priv.

No. That app has been around for more than 2 years and is used to transfer to BB10 devices from android.
    01-14-16 02:46 AM