I already have a Note 5, and while I'd like to support the home team in Canada, if I'm going to purchase a large screen, Android device, I'm going to buy the best. And to me, nothing tops Samsung's Note series phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 01:11 PM
    Google. I like buying a product, not buying something to BE the product.
    12-30-15 01:47 PM
    Right now m, it's that I can't figure out how to get Tasks to display in the calender. I also just read that the Remember app folders also do not get transfered when coming over from BlackBerry 10. That's a showstopper for me. I want the phone but need a calender/Tasks solution.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 06:40 PM
    There are many things that I do for the enjoyment of the experience - playing guitar is one of those things, typing a response to an email on a phone isn't.

When I am bashing out a response to an email on my phone I demand speed and accuracy - I have many other things to do, it's an email - not the next great thing in English literature, and I want it done - stat!

Back in the day, only a BB PKB would do for me, but it was never an experience to be savoured. I would rarely have either the time or the screen real-estate to be able to compose a carefully crafted response, and would frequently send a holding response whilst mobile, then reply more fully when I was back at my desk. I rarely do that these days. The swype'y keyboard is so fast and so accurate, that I compose and send multi-page emails on the road... and then get on with the rest of my day confident that I won't need to come back to it for a fuller response later.

I don't believe that I'm unique in thinking that the PKB on a phone is becoming yesterday's technology. BlackBerry's PKB is by far the best PKB I've ever used, but that's a bit like saying that Kodak Ektachrome is the best camera film I've ever used. Both statements are equally true, but are equally irrelevant to the world we live in today.

IMO of course.

EDIT: I was curious about whatever happened to Ektachrome, and hit Google... found this article, and couldn't help thinking of the parallels with BlackBerry.
    http://mashable.com/2012/01/20/kodak.../#sQ1X6haEhZqq
    Fair enough, good analogy and a better article haha.

I guess for me personally when it comes to pkb vs swype, it's the disconnectedness I can feel while typing on a pkb. Like I can type on it as fast as I want and still look at/talk to someone else...it's never as fast for me on the pkb as swype, yet it feels like it takes up less of my actual time due to the increased ability to multi-task. Maybe my best solution would be swype that's as accurate as swype on SwiftKey or Swype itself but on the screen of my Passport. Would be the best of both worlds for me haha.

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-30-15 10:59 PM
    What's holding me up from buying is the battery issues. I don't want to buy a phone that I have to wipe and reload. I need something that works right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:54 AM
    Just bought mine. Didn't have to wipe and reload

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-22-16 11:57 AM
    1. Too big
    2. Too expensive
    3. Too Android
    lift, ominaxe and ssbtech like this.
    01-22-16 12:00 PM
    1. Too big
    2. Too expensive
    3. Too Android
    i wish there was a phone where the screen can actually expand when you want it to.

i have been using a 4 in screen phone, but i have to admit the bigger screens are not necessarily a bad thing
    01-22-16 01:51 PM
    I wish i could un-buy it!! This is largely due to the sound I'm greeted with every time i grip on to it:
    http://www.soundjay.com/door/creaking-door-1.mp3

Now I'm stuck with this phone as I've buggered up the volume rocker whilst trying to get rid of the noise using the recommended 'use at your own risk' crackberry technique

01-22-16 03:00 PM
    I'd like to believe that BlackBerry is working ⚒ very hard to polish their product for the Priv.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-22-16 03:24 PM
    I'd like to believe that BlackBerry is working ⚒ very hard to polish their product for the Priv.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I'd say they've spent far too much time 'polishing their products' over the past few years, rather than doing their jobs.

</euphemism>

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-27-16 05:29 PM
    I'd say they've spent far too much time 'polishing their products' over the past few years, rather than doing their jobs.

</euphemism>

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Spec it and get it out the door and into the hands of consumers. The more you delay and Polish, the less relevant the specs of the device and excitement for it will waver.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:25 AM
    I don't believe it's so much they're "polishing their product" as these leaks pop up with renders long before the intended release.
    It's a damn sight easier to leak info and do up a really cool render than it is to develop a working phone and get it out to some of the most judgemental and unforgiving consumers on the planet.

Still rockin the  Z30 and lovin it! BB10 still king!
    01-29-16 09:40 AM
    Too expensive.

Posted from CB10
    01-29-16 07:43 PM
    No native Chinese input.
    Google keyboard is NOT a solution. I can get that on every other Android phones.

People buy the Priv for the NATIVE Blackberry keyboard. 3rd party keyboards do not support any of the keyboard functions

01-29-16 09:15 PM
    I won't buy because I have one already.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    daynebca likes this.
    01-29-16 09:43 PM
    1. heating issues
    2. battery issues (may be related to #1)
    3. hub not there yet (notification issues, missing features such as pinch to zoom, no or poor integratino with various servicces)
    4. no left swipe for hub
    5. no marshmellow
    6. no finger print reader
    7. too many stories of poor build quality
    01-29-16 09:49 PM
    No native Chinese input.
    Google keyboard is NOT a solution. I can get that on every other Android phones.

People buy the Priv for the NATIVE Blackberry keyboard. 3rd party keyboards do not support any of the keyboard functions

There is a thread here. The poster, who I do not remember his name, set up the Tasker app, so that it switches keyboards. He has it so that when the slider is closed, the OS uses a third party keyboard, and when he opens it, it switches to the BlackBerry keyboard and vice versa.

You can do that and have a third party virtual keyboard with chinese input, and have the good old BlackBerry one when it's open.
    01-29-16 10:04 PM
    Waiting for BlackBerry to mature their android version.

I went through baby 10 OS, and now it's finally matured, am used to it and love it, now won't change to another baby UI.

Probably with android NUTELLA I'll move to a droid berry if they still exist.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 02:31 AM
    Personal budget

Posted via CB10
    02-26-16 02:47 PM
495 ... 181920