1st: Already got myself the and Android Phone. (LG V10)
    2nd: To Over Price, ($700 +) and only available on AT&T, The LG V10 is a beast phone and even though im not an Fan of Android, and i can say with out a doubt BB10 is 10 times better OS. you can't go wrong with this device.
    3rd: I ended up paying $499 with the $100 off from T-mobile promo. compare to 800
    4th: LG giving a 200GB Memory Card + Extra Battery + Battery cradle FREE (Blackberry gave what? a charger? or something like that)
    5th- if im going to be paying top dollar for a phone. you better give me everything, and as usual, the priv best feature our half bake out of the box... Hub, Camera, no quick charge etc

i still use my BBZ30, im taking advantage of the 5gb hot spot i have, especially for my emails.. Android is a mess, the swipe gesture for multi task is so much better..
    Priv is Amazing: So What's #1 Reason You Won't Buy-img_1124.jpg
    GeoK likes this.
    11-25-15 08:48 AM
    Sane people don't limit themselves.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking, I'm not sure if that's true? Human nature is such that change is bad; in nature - if we ate a fruit we've never seen before because we are hungry... we could die. Or if we moved to new gathering grounds for resources we may not find the food we need to survive. The less sane were those in the tribe that went off to try those first - and we need that element in society.

Sane people arguably are those that are operating on our core survival instincts. Which means, quite specifically, limiting themselves as much as possible to what they trust. It's also why few people will jump on the priv without taste testing the fruit first. Some people who's brains aren't 100% wired to evolution (typically through learned behavior growing up) may roll the dice, love the risk, and pre order or buy without testing. But that group should be marginal, not the norm, and not where the real sales exist...

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-25-15 09:24 AM
    RE: Price of the Priv;

I purchased a Virgin Mobile LG Volt on closeout for $79 delivered. It's Kit Kat 4.4.x and it's quad core and has a 5" screen. Seventy-Nine Bucks delivered to my home. Pay as you go (no contract) and I'm grandfathered into their $35.00 a month unlimited text, phone and data. First 3.5 gig at 4g LTE. Not bad for thirty-five bucks a month. So it's a great 2nd line phone. Some would say it would be great for a daily driver.

Since I prefer BB10, I use the 10 most of the time and use the Droid for backup. That's the thing about Droid. You can always find inexpensive but powerful phones because it's such a competitive and saturated market. It's a very tough market Berry is trying to crack, but I wish them luck. I'm willing to pay more bucks for a BB10 because it's like a specialty item you can only get from BlackBerry, just like you can only get fine wine from a fine wine store. Fine wine is special and only available from certain vintners. Droid is like bread and milk, you can get it at any convenient store on your way home, and just about every dairy and bakery make it and the price is highly competitive.

You can try and charge $25.00 a gallon for milk. You can say, "But our Cows are massaged daily and only fed high level grain and feed and we play Bach and Beethoven to them when milking so they are relaxed. This yields much better milk". Most of the buying public will opt for the $3.99 a gallon that's on sale. It's a commodity, not a specialty item. Same with Droid phones. They are becoming a commodity. BlackBerry 10 is the specialty item.
    lift likes this.
    11-25-15 09:30 AM
    I don't like sliders. At all
    11-25-15 10:30 AM
    Till marshmallow comes out it doesn't really offer any different security than other androids atm.
    Posted via CB10
    Ummm sure it does.
    BlackBerry explains why their Android offering is best for security and privacy | CrackBerry.com
    11-25-15 10:33 AM
    So that means it should have shipped with Android 6.0 and a fingerprint reader, even if you don't think it would enhance security.
    6.0 would have meant waiting longer to optimize the customizations for it (vs launching now and updating). And re a fingerprint reader, you're saying that a security-focused phone should include a security loophole as a feature just because much of the competition has one?
    11-25-15 11:33 AM
    Android
    Slider

Posted via PP
    lift likes this.
    11-25-15 11:50 AM
    Holding off for the BlackBerry Vizcaya.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 11:53 AM
    PRICE

PRICE

PRICE

PRICE

PRICE

I am leaving Blackberry over this and the fact that I don't know if a new full touch Blackberry BB10 will ever arrive.
    lift likes this.
    11-25-15 11:58 AM
    PRICE

PRICE

PRICE

PRICE

PRICE

I am leaving Blackberry over this and the fact that I don't know if a new full touch Blackberry BB10 will ever arrive.
    Where shall you go?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:00 PM
    I don't need two privs
    Honestly, if you already own one, you weren't supposed to write here...
    11-25-15 12:05 PM
    It's running Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 12:09 PM
    No need : already have a six month-old passport and a new Q10.
    And honestly wondering why the Priv is 200 � more expensive than the Passport. Still make no sense.

From Passport with Love (and sometimes my Q10 with love too)
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-25-15 12:27 PM
    I want it in either red or white......OR they could make a silver/metal variant which would be fantastic.
    11-25-15 12:42 PM
    Waiting for the Android Passport.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    11-25-15 01:17 PM
    My passport that I bought unlocked works just fine. I don't want to spend another $600 for another phone and am not getting tied to a carrier for one.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:21 PM
    Main reason is Android. Also I already have an awesome Z10 still running and a Sony Xperia Z2 as a backup(nice phone but glitchy). No justification to buy another phone I know I won't enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:29 PM
    Because I'm very happy with my BlackBerry Classic!

Posted via CB10
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    11-25-15 01:35 PM
    I was a first hour user of a marvellous Z10, and after two and half year I switch from a Z10 to a Samsung Galaxy A5 last month. My Z10 was very unstable since last summer with system update BB OS 10.3.1. I try everything to solve the problem and I don't succeed to solve the situation. And, personally, I don't appreciate phone with physical keyboard. Thanks to you all from the BBRY community!
    11-25-15 01:55 PM
    thinking about it and wanting it...but a bit worried with all the complaints about over heating..noises..etc maybe wait a bit more and see
    11-25-15 02:07 PM
    Android!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1779/2576
    11-25-15 02:09 PM
    It's running an OS the deteriorates over time.
    Ah just like good old BBOS. BlackBerry has returned to its roots then (sarcasm, yes). : -)
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    11-25-15 02:16 PM
    I was thinking, I'm not sure if that's true? Human nature is such that change is bad; in nature - if we ate a fruit we've never seen before because we are hungry... we could die.
    You're comparing using an OS to life and death evolutionary choices.

There is no real demonstrable evidence that using Android is hurting any of us that choose to do so in a material way. Folks are morally opposed to Android and all the harm that supposedly can come from using it, without being able to show cases were folks using it have come to any real actual harm in a way that we can mostly all agree on the definition of the "harm" or the degree.

I think most of any of us here that saw someone eat poison fruit and die would all agree it was a very bad choice to take that chance because the resultant harm is very obvious.
    21stNow and tufcustomer like this.
    11-25-15 02:24 PM
    its too wide. miss the days that blackberry made small devices that were perfect for communication and not focused around entertainment. cant hold it in one hand comfortably!!
    11-25-15 02:28 PM
    It's Android. You are paying to become a Google sheep that will be sold to ad companies.

If my Z10 dies it will be iOS or Windows for me, at least you are their customer. (If Jolla doesn't survive that is)

Posted via CB10
    lift and Dodger52 like this.
    11-25-15 02:49 PM
495 ... 910111213 ...