I have a Samsung NON wifi b&w laser printer and wonder how to print to it from Priv (or even Passport) WITHOUT a computer.. Will it run via OTG? What would I need aside from OTG cable (app)? Does an add-on wifi interface exist? Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 05:18 PM
    This is partially in response to the upcoming laptop travel ban to and from the EU. The printer is there. I wish it were wifi, alas it is not. I would hate to give it up inasmuch as its fully functional and hardly used. I am somewhat convinced (hopeful rather) it might work via OTG. I see how to on Google for HP but have not seen for Samsung. I use the Priv as if it were my laptop. I would be fine not lugging a laptop anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 07:00 PM
    Are there drivers for such in Android? If not, how to find such? Will MS Word Android files or PDFs format correctly? EU paper is A6 dimension...

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 07:03 PM
    The contemplated laptop ban does not apply to stowed luggage. I'm sure you won't be needing to do much printing during the actual flight.
    05-28-17 07:13 PM
    The contemplated laptop ban does not apply to stowed luggage. I'm sure you won't be needing to do much printing during the actual flight.
    I can see safety might require it but who in their right mind would stow a laptop in checked baggage. I can see the theft rate soaring. Presume larger cameras might be next.
    05-28-17 08:34 PM
    I use the Printer Share app to print wireless to printers at home, work, and when I travel.
    05-28-17 10:21 PM
    Nonono... I Would like to not haul a PC at all.. the query is if I can print directly to a laser printer from Priv via OTG cable ??
    05-28-17 11:02 PM
    I use the Printer Share app to print wireless to printers at home, work, and when I travel.
    The printer I have there is NOT wifi enabled
    05-28-17 11:04 PM
    Unless the printer is billed as having OTG capabilities, assume it doesn't, unless there's an app on the phone to provide a generic printer driver.

The printer I have there is NOT wifi enabled
    But the same app also does OTG.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tershare&hl=en

Note: actually printing with it needs the premium version.
    05-28-17 11:12 PM
    Unless the printer is billed as having OTG capabilities, assume it doesn't, unless there's an app on the phone to provide a generic printer driver.

But the same app also does OTG.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tershare&hl=en

Note: actually printing with it needs the premium version.
    So I take it the app free is just to see if it will install your printer and avoid all the refund demands if it doesn't... if my model works (I need to get the model number) I willgladly pay 5 semolians (bucks, dead-presidents, clams, smackers, greenbacks) to not hafta run around....
    05-28-17 11:56 PM
    I can see safety might require it but who in their right mind would stow a laptop in checked baggage. I can see the theft rate soaring. Presume larger cameras might be next.
    Who do you think will be doing the thieving? The airline rampers?
    05-29-17 12:20 AM
    Comes the airlines with secure boxes for rent... comes then the insurance kiosks for that too... life is a big money grab... the airlines have adopted the ways of the hari krIshnas of old days
    05-29-17 12:24 AM
    Who do you think will be doing the thieving? The airline rampers?
    Yes.
    05-29-17 12:33 AM
    There are tons of videos of the baggage gorillas cutting open bags ... I think the TSA mopes steal too...
    05-29-17 12:59 AM
    There are tons of videos of the baggage gorillas cutting open bags ... I think the TSA mopes steal too...
    As someone who works in the industry, I say your fears are patently untrue. As in any industry there is micro-percentage of criminal activity against the customer base but airlines do not stand out in this arena.

Gorillas huh? I hope for your sake no ramper on CB sees your post.
    05-29-17 02:17 AM
    Baggage Gorillas, I like that. You have to be a bit of a gorilla to hoist those bags all day. If you weren't when got the job, you will be in a month or so. Gorilla's are are pretty intelligent and peaceful critters, so coming from me, it's a back handed compliment. They are highly unlikely to be targeting your luggage.
    I have less faith in the TSA, but most of them just want a paycheck and those federal benefits.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-29-17 06:50 AM
    I said it and meant it. Missing stuff in my bag replaced with TSA card, slashed (not torn) softside... it is a problem, and putting laptops in hold luggage will slow the line while the mopes pick out which one they want....
    05-29-17 10:00 AM
    I think you need a cable in order to print from your device. Let's try with a cable. Hope this work.
    05-29-17 10:04 AM
    [WARN]Skip the personal comments, everyone. Let's address the technical question, please.[/WARN]
    05-30-17 07:06 AM