For some odd reason, the AT&T Priv doesn't update if you don't have an active AT&T SIM and network. People noticed the opposite happening in the past with Nexus devices.
    Thank you. Just saved me from picking one up.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 10:28 PM
    One pro is that it's sold by Amazon and not some other seller. One potential con is the term "retail packaging" on the listing. That's exactly what it said on the listing I bought from. It looks suspiciously like an ATT unit to me.
    In the answered questions of the amazon link a vendor mentions that retail packaging is a sealed package like when you buy at the store. I guess when you buy in bulk some products are shipped from the manufacturer in one box, then repackaged to be distributed individually.

Just noticed this. I'm tempted to pull the trigger and give it another try after the 2 duds I had in Jan/Feb. These units should be the factory unlocked ones from Shopbb. What's holding me back is that eventually, ALL privs seem to develop clicky screens and creaky sides/backs. Those that say they don't have it either haven't owned it long enough, have it in a case that masks the issue or simply aren't OCD enough to notice.
    With moving mechanisms in time i find there is always a bit of play, i owned the Torch in past and heard the Priv's movement is better so i based my decision on that experience.

Please report back as soon as you receive the package and let us know whether or not it arrived in that horrible orange box. Fingers crossed that it doesn't!

Posted via CB10
    It should arrive by the end of the week, but as ToniCipriani previously mentioned its the full unlocked SBB version from the information I gave.
    05-01-16 08:27 AM
    I am on my second one of these flash sale unlocked AT&T Privs.

The first had the left side creaking and popping issue (tried the forum suggested finger nail fix but it only held for a day) so back that went. Then I got one of the NewEgg deals and this one has the backside case squishing in and popping. Edit: also, the screen clicks on the bottom left side (no BB Storm action please).

Do I just have bad luck or is this the trend? Still love the phone tho.
    Did you purchase from DailySteals?
    05-01-16 09:22 AM
    Did you purchase from DailySteals?
    Yes, the first one was Daily Steals.
    05-01-16 09:37 AM
    Price is now down to 707 from Amazon.ca itself. Getting even more tempted.
    05-01-16 12:08 PM
    Almost tempted to pull the trigger...but the car broke down this week! Lol Will have to wait a bit more! Hopefully by then we will know more about the rumored devices..

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 12:28 PM
    Thanks, you just saved me $86. I just cancelled and reordered it.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-01-16 12:39 PM
    Hot damn! I need the refund to process on the ATT dud I bought so that I can jump all over this deal!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 12:48 PM
    Is it the general opinion that the factory unlocked Privs have better build quality vs the AT&T units? I really have been disappointed a bit.
    05-01-16 04:17 PM
    Is it the general opinion that the factory unlocked Privs have better build quality vs the AT&T units? I really have been disappointed a bit.
    ive used only one unlocked priv and was disappointed in the priv's build. while the floor model at my local att store is very solid. mostly button feel I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 04:21 PM
    Not so sure..but at least for us in Canada an AT&T unit means no warranty and the updates would depend on AT&T's schedule. And AT&T is not a provider here, so borrowing a sim to get the update would not be of great help

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 04:21 PM
    I would think a Priv is a Priv right? It's not like BB would have the finest in quality control for the unlocked units and then put Drunk Uncle in charge of the carrier branded devices. Right?
    05-01-16 04:28 PM
    No. I have had two AT&T models and three unlocked models. All of them creaked, clicked, or both. I eventually gave up and 'fixed' the issue with masking tape. It actually looks pretty slick with it.

Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-01-16 04:31 PM
    Got my Priv at t-mobile. When I went to the store where I live they didn't have any there and had to dig in a closet to find the dummy phone that they did have. I went to another town and they brought it out for me, came in the classy black box. It does squeak and click a bit but I expected that with moving parts. I had seen a review where someone showed that the back of the phone had a lot of give but I don't seem to have that problem.
    05-01-16 06:55 PM
    So is the $563 version sold by Amazon on Amazon the ATT version?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 07:00 PM
    So is the $563 version sold by Amazon on Amazon the ATT version?

Posted via CB10
    I would hope not.
    05-01-16 07:10 PM
    It is now $379 .. New Unlocked AT&T... The price of this phone is like a sinking ship
    New Blackberry Priv STV100 1 32GB 4G LTE GSM at T Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay
    05-02-16 12:26 AM
    It is now $379 .. New Unlocked AT&T... The price of this phone is like a sinking ship
    New Blackberry Priv STV100 1 32GB 4G LTE GSM at T Black Unlocked Smartphone | eBay
    But yet they continue to sell it for 899$ on their Canadian shop BlackBerry site.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 12:49 AM
    It's not blackberry that's selling it for that price; it's a reseller
    05-02-16 01:47 AM
    I JUST unboxed the Priv I bought my wife to replace her aging Z10 yesterday! I haven't even fully set it up yet since I didn't know that it uses the nano SIM instead of the micro that the Z10 or Q10 use so I'll have to visit the AT&T store for a new one.
    I'm concerned on several issues. I wasn't aware of any overheating problems, I definitely wasn't aware of possible KB issues and despite the directions on the BlackBerry site, the device not only didn't offer to check for updates, but when I TRIED to do it, nothing happened! No error message, no "there are no updates" or "your device is using the latest software" type of response. Nothing at all. The BlackBerry site said that an unlocked device would check and update via WiFi even if no SIM card was installed. Were we sent a locked device? Or is the information on the site misleading when it says that you can skip connecting to a cellular network and still be able to get updates for either the device or the Google OS?

Unlike the cheap android cell I bought for a trip, when I looked in Google settings there wasn't any "update" or "check for updates" anywhere I could find.

Where do I go from here?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    05-02-16 06:57 AM
    Who, I suspect, are hearing the mood music coming from Chen/BB and can see how badly the Priv is selling... and want to get shot of the few Priv's they bought before they get stuck with them.
    05-02-16 07:03 AM
    B&H has it for $ 630 but it includes charging dock and case. Pretty good deal.
    05-02-16 07:26 AM
    I get that. But they obviously are buying them cheap enough to still make some $ at this low price. Which means BlackBerry could as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 08:34 AM
    I managed to speak with customer service at BREED, a seller that's listed this PRIV on amazon.ca:

https://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-STV...UvbUpU12413967

And they confirmed to me that it's "very likely that this item is overstocked AT&T units" that they are selling. So if you're in Canada and were thinking to get this unit and do not have an active AT&T SIM or don't feel like waiting for the AT&T Marshmallow autoloader to become available (which will take forever), I recommend you stay away!
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-02-16 10:08 AM
    Picked up an unlocked one at best buy for 649 ugh
    05-02-16 10:33 AM
162 ... 23456 ...