I searched all over CB and the net but could not find an answer to solve this issue I'm having.

I use:
    -Windosw 10 in combination with Irfanview, version 4.41 - 64 bit.
    -Sandisk Extreme 64 GB I1I, Micro SD XC I.

I take a lot of screenshots with my priv. They are all saved in the .PNG format (btw I wish we could change that to .jpg (or have the app Screen Muncher back lol) and also save these screenshots to the SD card, but that's a different matter).

I also have hundreds of older .PNG images stashed on my SD card.

I do not have any problem getting thumbnail previews on my Priv.

However,

when I hook-up my phone to my laptop and go to the folders to sort, edit, whatever,
    only the .jpg images show thumbnail previews. For .PNG images you only see the red Irfanview logo.

It irritates me tremendously that I do not know how I can make the .PNG thumbnails show previews.

Weird thing,

when I take out the SD card from my Priv and use a SanDisk adapter,
    The thumbnail previews show again for .PNG images.

In other words,
    How can I get thumbnail previews for .PNG images to show without taking out the SD card from my phone?

[Edit: I just noticed when going through my folders that many .jpg also don't show thumbnail previews. So it seems arbitrary whether or not thumbnail previews show up or not.

What remains the same: when I take out the SD card and put it in an SD card adapter then ALL .jpg + .png thumbnail previews show].
    Last edited by WT44; 01-14-16 at 07:11 PM.
    01-14-16 06:25 PM
    I always just thought that was a case of Windows sucking at showing previews. It gives up trying after a period of time so as to not bg down the system. Have never found a 100% fix for it, it's been a problematic thing for me since like XP lol. There's this - http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows and then also under the 'Performance Options' where you can choose the save taskbar thumbnail previews option. No idea if that will help though.
    01-15-16 12:21 AM
    I always just thought that was a case of Windows sucking at showing previews. It gives up trying after a period of time so as to not bg down the system. Have never found a 100% fix for it, it's been a problematic thing for me since like XP lol. There's this - http://www.thewindowsclub.com/thumbn...howing-windows and then also under the 'Performance Options' where you can choose the save taskbar thumbnail previews option. No idea if that will help though.
    Hm, I'm glad that I'm at least not the only one who has dealt with this annoyance lol. It's always those little tiny issues that are responsible for the new bold spots on my scalp due to hair pulling. There must be a solution for this if this is problem is CLEARLY already causing bald spots in mens scalp since the XP days like you said lol. Grrrrrrrr, I feel the urge of pulling hair slowly come up again when I'm writing this lol.
    BTW, fortunately, I have never had this issue with the 1000s of pics I have on my external HDD's or in folders on my laptop. So, in my case, I don't know if it has something to do with Windows. It only happens when I hook-up my phone to my laptop to organize my SD card that this issue comes up. I just don't feel like pulling out the SD cards multiple times a day.

I wonder if there are other Crackberrians who don't see image previews when hooking up there phone to the computer and if maybe they found a solution? I can imagine that there will be people who drove this nuts and in the end found a way to solve it. I also wonder if it my case could have to do with the SD card or the way it is formatted or the kind/writing&reading speed it has?

P.S. I checked everything that was mentioned in the link from Bla1ze.
    All was already set-up like suggested there.
    01-15-16 01:00 PM