On Friday, I will be switching from my Q10 to a Priv and will simultaneously be changing service providers (from Sprint to Verizon). Other than the normal backups that I've always done before changing devices, is there anything else that I should be doing ahead of time to make sure the transition is as seamless as possible? Anything to watch out for since I'm changing OS, porting my number, and changing service providers?
    03-29-16 08:57 PM
    I just upgraded from a q10 to a Priv myself.. Tho I dont use 'backups' per say, I do export all my contacts, and any important files to my uSD card.

As for the porting, shouldnt be any issues with that, just gotta keep the Sprint line active until the port is done, few days from what Ive heard anymore, used to be a week.

The priv is just so huge compared to the q10, thats my biggest stumbling block. But I needed a larger screen with the keyboard (a must), and this is definitely the best available option. BB's tweaking of Android makes the Priv feel more like bb10, tho it isnt quite perfect yet, a work in progress. I`m satisfied with it though

edit---- hmm.. reading that it takes mere minutes now.. man i`m behind. mebe i was thinking of land lines

-j
    03-29-16 09:03 PM
    Since I use Gmail, Contacts and Calendar were handled by syncing. I had to use Content Transfer (in google store and for BBworld) to move over Remember data to NOTES on the Priv. I also used it to transfer my few TEXTs. I don't really do texts so not a ton.

Be prepared to find a File Manager, A music player and possibly a picture viewer (google's is included in the last app).

OH!!! You will want to update the OS if available and then UPDATE the various BB apps (and then google apps). Search for Blackberry in Google store.
    03-29-16 10:53 PM