Agreed, but my point was simply, what happens if you load the AT&T oem partition on a shopbb phone, and give AT&T an IMEI from an AT&T Priv to provision with.

I do know that if I give AT&T a bogus IMEI, it will kick me off VoLTE and the Enhanced stuff disappears from the cellular settings. Putting the correct IMEI back restores all functionality (which goes to what you said), but having seen that it makes me curious what happens with a shopbb phone that is provisioned with an AT&T IMEI.
    I'm confused, the first thing that happens when you fire up a device on AT&T's network is, the actual IMEI is sent to AT&T. Anytime service is dropped and restarted, AT&T gets the IMEI. I'm sure its also sent at intervals - guessing whenever you switch towers.

Looks to me like putting the AT&T partition in a Factory device would get you the worst of both,
    No E-LTE, (since it's not an AT&T device) and no Factory updates, (since it's now telling update servers it's AT&T)
    09-09-16 04:52 AM
    I'm confused, the first thing that happens when you fire up a device on AT&T's network is, the actual IMEI is sent to AT&T. Anytime service is dropped and restarted, AT&T gets the IMEI. I'm sure its also sent at intervals - guessing whenever you switch towers.

Looks to me like putting the AT&T partition in a Factory device would get you the worst of both,
    No E-LTE, (since it's not an AT&T device) and no Factory updates, (since it's now telling update servers it's AT&T)
    My phone is on a business account that I have admin with, and all I know is that the system knew my IMEI was a mismatch, but it still was using the IMEI I manually entered as the basis for how it handled the phone.

A better experiment would be to take the IMEI from a known AT&T Priv and apply it to a ShopBB one, and see if AT&T enabled VoLTE on it once done.
    09-09-16 04:36 PM
    My phone is on a business account that I have admin with, and all I know is that the system knew my IMEI was a mismatch, but it still was using the IMEI I manually entered as the basis for how it handled the phone.

A better experiment would be to take the IMEI from a known AT&T Priv and apply it to a ShopBB one, and see if AT&T enabled VoLTE on it once done.
    Thats what I did, basically. AT&T had the IMEI for the unit they sold me, E-LTE was working. I told them nothing, just pulled SIM out of their unit and dropped it into my new Factory unit. I didn't think to check right then but next day I noticed the menu options weren't there.
    And of course, all this was nearly a year ago, so things could have changed.

And as I said E-LTE is overrated. Couldn't tell the difference on HD voice, and as far as dropping back to 3G while using data and voice at the same time. how often do really need 4G speed at the same time you are talking?
    I'm sure E-LTE will get some truly cool features eventually, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon.
    09-09-16 06:33 PM
    Does AAG153 have to be installed before AAG202 or can we skip AAG153?
    09-10-16 03:59 PM
    Does AAG153 have to be installed before AAG202 or can we skip AAG153?
    Unless you are doing something odd like consolidating two different versions from different sources - NO. Each Autoloader is complete by itself.
    lyonsbk likes this.
    09-10-16 04:29 PM
55 123