Hello.

Since BlackBerry does not offer any backup tool for the priv, i had to search a new one on my own.
    Most Android backup tools either require an app or root accsess, but none of that was acceptable for me.
    It is however possible to do a backup via the Android Development tools.

WARNING:
    1; English is not my my natal language, as you might have noticed. I will do my best, but please do not hand over this text to my english teacher ;-)
    2; This is a summary of this german site: [Anleitung] Komplett-Backup ohne Root durchf�hren per adb (ab Android 4.x) Thanks to the authors there.

THE EASY WAY:
    There is an easy way. Under settings, there is an option "Backup & Restore". It will backup your whole priv at google drive. Google can then your WLAN-passwords, app data,.... I would not recommend that.

ONE-TIME SETUP:
    1; At first, you need to get the "Android SDK Tools" from Google. Just download and install the SDK Tools from here: Download Android Studio and SDK Tools | Android Developers. You do not need android studio, only the SDK tools. Here is a direct download link for the current version(30.12.2015): http://dl.google.com/android/install....1-windows.exe.
    2; While installing, you can go to your Priv and enable developer options(DTEK will complain, but you can disable them again later). You can do so by tapping seven times on the build version in "About".
    3; Under "Debugging", enable "USB-Debugging". If you do not know what you are doing, I would recommend to disable this after you have done the backup.
    4; Now back to your PC. After you have installed the SDK Tools, open the "SDK Manager"(Search it). There are a few checkboxes prechecked. Let them checked!
    5; Uncheck "Android 6.0" if checked. You do not need the whole android 6.0 emulator.
    6; Scroll down. Under "Extras", check "Google USB Driver". This driver has worked for me.
    7; Click "install packages"

BACKUP:
    1; Check if "USB-Debugging" under Developer options is enabled. If not, enble it.
    2; Connect your Priv via the USB cable to your PC.
    3; Now it gets a bit tricky.Go to wherever you have installed the SDK(either %AppDATA% or C:\programs). There must be a folder called "Android". On my PC, it is in %AppData%\Local\Android, but it can be also in C:\Programs\Android\.... just search.
    4; go to android-sdk\platform-tools. Now I am in %AppData%\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools, though that might be a different path on your machine. If there is an "adb.exe" in there, everything is ok. If you have still not found the folder, you can also try searching your computer for the adb.exe, and look where it was installed to.
    5; Open a command prompt. One Windows 8+ you can do that in the explorer by clicking "file", and that click "open command prompt". For previous windows versions, press shift+right click inside the explorer and choose: "Open command prompt".
    6; Now type "adb.exe backup �all -apk -f backup.ab"(more on that later, red ABOUT COMMANDS). On the priv, you must accept the request for USB-Debugging. If that does not work, and adb says something like "daemon not running", just retry. At the end, adb should say "Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.". If that still does not work, try "adb kill-server", unconnect your priv, type "adb.exe backup �all"(should find no devices), connect the priv, and retry "adb.exe backup �all". BTW: DTEK will complain again.
    7: Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation. ;-))))
    8; You can enter a backup password, if you want, Android will then encrypt your backup with it.
    9; Click "Backup"

ABOUT COMMANDS:
    adb knows a variety of commands where you can specify what to backup. The base command is "adb backup"(which does not work alone). If you append "-all", it will backup the data of the system and the apps. If you append "-apk", it will also backup all the app installers. By appending "-shared", adb will also backup the content of your SD-Card. The most important option, however, is "-f " + Path. With it, you can specify where the backup file will be saved.

RESTORING:
    That is fairly easy. Just type "adb restore " + path to the adb file.

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL:
    I have not used any of them, but there are some programs at XDA which can automate this process. Here are some links:
    http://kurzelinks.de/backuptool1
    http://kurzelinks.de/backuptool2
    If I have time and you want it, i could write one too, but here they are.

Hope this helps,
    loquor
    Last edited by loquor; 12-30-15 at 05:30 AM.
    Superfly_FR and guido0136 like this.
    12-30-15 05:07 AM
    Someone needs to make an App for that....
    12-30-15 07:42 AM
    I know it might look incredibly confusing to use ADB but it's really a one time setup after you learnt the commands it's really quick.

You can really do a lot of things with ADB it's crazy.
    I wish BlackBerry 10 had it sometimes.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-30-15 07:58 AM
    Thanks for this. Much needed!

BlackBerry PRIV
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-30-15 08:51 AM
    How does the average Joe usually backup their Android phone on to the desktop? Having everything on cloud doesn't seem very 'secure' to me. Even iPhones can use iTunes to backup device to desktop. Considering how popular Android is, I am very surprised there is no official Google desktop backup software.
    12-31-15 04:44 AM
    Like he said the easy way is in the Settings Backup & Restore

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 04:53 AM
    How does the average Joe usually backup their Android phone on to the desktop? Having everything on cloud doesn't seem very 'secure' to me. Even iPhones can use iTunes to backup device to desktop. Considering how popular Android is, I am very surprised there is no official Google desktop backup software.
    Yes indeed... what's the easiest and secure way to backup directly to desktop versus cloud on Android?
    12-31-15 06:51 AM
    Just use mobilego wondershare

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    12-31-15 07:26 AM