Well, that's great. But is BlackBerry actually going to push the security updates now? Of course, the last we heard was that the security updates are now tied to Marshmallow, so.......I guess we'll just wait some more.
    Blackberry pushing the updates was not how I read the email. However, I may be wrong. That being said, the fact that he responded so quickly and his "cautiously optimistic" statement gives me a glimmer of hope.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    09-20-16 09:30 AM
    I think what bugs me the most is that our June security patch level is apparently actually April, so sounds like when we do get an update, it would be hard to know which one it actually is.
    09-20-16 11:46 AM
    I am "cautiously optimistic" this if and when we receive MM, it will be inclusive of the patches to include Quadrooter.
    09-20-16 01:12 PM
    I am "cautiously optimistic" this if and when we receive MM, it will be inclusive of the patches to include Quadrooter.
    I'm "cautiously optimistic" you are correct.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-20-16 01:35 PM
    Blackberry pushing the updates was not how I read the email. However, I may be wrong. That being said, the fact that he responded so quickly and his "cautiously optimistic" statement gives me a glimmer of hope.
    I don't mean to pick nits, but he did say that " BlackBerry has more flexibility in pushing security - only updates". But he didn't say that they were actually going to do it for Verizon customers.
    09-20-16 02:37 PM
    I don't mean to pick nits, but he did say that " BlackBerry has more flexibility in pushing security - only updates". But he didn't say that they were actually going to do it for Verizon customers.
    No he did not...

I think we could dissect his email in many different ways. It all comes down to what happens between now and whatever announcement is made whenever - meaning someone will say finally MM is here for VZW customers OR they will communicate they are dropping support entirely.
    Last edited by zephyr613; 09-20-16 at 03:03 PM.
    09-20-16 02:53 PM
    No he did not...

I think we could dissect his email in many different ways. It all comes down to what happens between now and whatever announcement is made whenever - meaning someone will say finally MM is here for VZW customers OR they will communicate they are dropping support entirely.
    Well, thanks for reaching out. I have a high regard for you and your connections. Also a healthy respect for your need for anonymity. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, as usual.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-20-16 03:08 PM
    Well, thanks for reaching out. I have a high regard for you and your connections. Also a healthy respect for your need for anonymity. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, as usual.
    Thank you Sir, it is greatly appreciated.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    09-20-16 03:15 PM
    No he did not...

So the tride and true VzW "soon" line.
    Are the critical updates here yet?
    Maybe day after tomorrow!
    09-20-16 03:38 PM
    So the tride and true VzW "soon" line.
    Are the critical updates here yet?
    Maybe day after tomorrow!
    Now your getting like that other guy who just posts the word "tomorrow" every other day - probably to get his post count up!!
    09-20-16 03:47 PM
110 ... 345