Hey,

I just got my hands on a Priv at a rogers store.

- The overall build quality is not on par with the Z30, classic, q10 and Leap. I feels plastic-y and I think I could crush it with a firm one handed grip sqweeze..

- The screen clicks on opposite corners when in its home position. I gives me the impression that the screen chassis is not framed very toughly.

- The back cover of the device is easy to "press in"; its not solid like other BB10 we have come to know.

- In the 15 mins I was playing with it, the right rear side of the phone got very hot.

- The speakers are loud but the quality is poor, tin can-ish sounding.

- And most disappointing of all, the keyboard isn't up to par with the classic or even Q10. I would say its just a wee bit better than the Torch which was barely usable for a dude with man hands..

sorry to be a negative nessy.
    Firewater, ACFP3, andy957 and 5 others like this.
    11-06-15 01:56 PM
    Anybody please make this Engineer the head of designs and Manufacturing at BlackBerry....i beg...pleasee.....
    1st day of release and started...!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-06-15 03:58 PM
    I am on Mine now and it's a solid device IMO. Fit and finish is nice not like other blackberries I have owned.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Blackberry Priv
    11-06-15 04:00 PM
    Played with one at the store today and while I wouldn't say build quality was poor, it's definitely not premium in the way that current flagships from Apple, Samsung and HTC are.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-06-15 04:02 PM
    Got mine, feels awesome. There is nothing wrong with the hardware I purchased. The software is a different story, not because it's 'bad', just because it's Android. It feels 'busy', but that is NOT BlackBerry's fault, that's just Android and it's also due to me being so used to BlackBerry 10. I think Android users would be re-t-a-r-d-ed not to get one of these.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and anon(9194980) like this.
    11-06-15 04:04 PM
    BlackBerry just launched the best Android device.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:06 PM
    Everybody should buy one of these.

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt and anon(9194980) like this.
    11-06-15 04:08 PM
    I looked at one today at Telus and was impressed with the quality
    AdamThatsIt and anon(9194980) like this.
    11-06-15 04:14 PM
    I was just thinking I don't think it could be any more premium. It feels super high end to me.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 04:21 PM
    Beginning to think should make it mandatory to wait at least a couple of days to post first impressions. Do not see why the OP bother posting this kind of crtiique
    11-06-15 04:57 PM
    Hey,

baffles me how people expect anything less from a phone speaker. a PHONE speaker. It's ******* tiny
    I actually think the build quality is one of the best things about this phone. It feels great and looks really classy.
    No issues with mine right now. Can't put it down.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 05:02 PM
    Just played with one and feels premium, I do not concur with you...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 05:04 PM
    I played with one at the AT&T store this morning and I love the device, great build quality and nice bright screen. Felt great in my hands and I liked the curved screen.

What really impressed me was the staff at the store where really liking the device and they think this will be the device to bring Blackberry back.
    11-06-15 05:09 PM
    Just to repeat what someone said previously. Best android device available.

wincyUt and anon(9194980) like this.
    11-06-15 05:12 PM
    Hey,

- And most disappointing of all, the keyboard isn't up to par with the classic or even Q10. I would say its just a wee bit better than the Torch which was barely usable for a dude with man hands..

Totally agree; for me, if the keyboard is not great, then I have no need for this device. I love my Z30, and I was only looking for a comparable device with the Q10 quality keyboard. This is like the Torch's. Huge disappointment for me personally. And I hated the Android version of the BB OS.
    Craiggger3G likes this.
    11-06-15 05:13 PM
    Your standards must be extremely high or something. The build quality is excellent on my Priv.
    11-06-15 05:17 PM
    I am using mine at the moment and - love it! Fantastic device.

11-06-15 05:38 PM
    My PRIV feels pretty rock solid. Typing on this keyboard is a breeze, compared to my BlackBerry Classic. I am finding the keys much easier to press. Still in the process of getting everything set up, but am really enjoying it thus far. Can't take my hands off of it.

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    11-06-15 05:53 PM
    i got 2 this morning and both are of excellent build and quality. They were both used for over 2 hours first thing (setting up and downloading apps) never got hot. Absolutely liking this phone.
    wincyUt and jerryeight like this.
    11-06-15 05:56 PM
    I am really impressed with the build quality. Its rock solid to me, I like the back of the Passport a bit better, but this is still very nice feeling, great grip. Phone is lighter and smaller than was I was expected, its still a big phone I just thought it would be bigger.
    11-06-15 06:13 PM
    Hey,

- The overall build quality is not on par with the Z30, classic, q10 and Leap. I feels plastic-y and I think I could crush it with a firm one handed grip sqweeze..

- The screen clicks on opposite corners when in its home position. I gives me the impression that the screen chassis is not framed very toughly.

- The back cover of the device is easy to "press in"; its not solid like other BB10 we have come to know.

- In the 15 mins I was playing with it, the right rear side of the phone got very hot.

Sorry to break this to you OP but the keyboard of the Priv won't have the same feel as the Classic or the Passport. The Priv keyboard is a bit flatter by design to accommodate the slider mechanism. It's not better or worse. If you ask the slider fans, they'll tell you it's good. Other mau prefer the fell of the Passport.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Brad Morse and jerryeight like this.
    11-06-15 06:18 PM
    I personally like the feel of the Passport keyboard. It wider and clicky. After a year using it, I can really type fast. It just feel better and better.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-06-15 06:20 PM
    I played with a live unit today and could not disagree more on everything except the keyboard - which I slightly am disappointed with - but only because it is slightly smaller than the q10 or passport. Otherwise they did a real good job from what I can see.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:21 PM
261 123 ...