View Poll Results: Should Crackberry find out why Verizon or BB has not offered Security/MM updates for the Pri

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crackberry should investigate this issue

46 86.79%
  • Crackberry should not investigate this issue

7 13.21%
    This is a POLL. The question is whether Crackberry should act on behalf of Verizon Priv owners and somehow find out what the heck is going on and what is causing the delays in issuing timely Security Updates as well as issuing the Marshmallow OS.

So you can vote

YES, Crackberry should initiate some form of investigation to find out what's what.

NO, Crackberry should not investigate this issue.

(of course, I've never created a poll before and am not sure that this will work)
    BigBadWulf and IndianTiwari like this.
    09-06-16 02:04 PM
    Somebody needs to do some investigating reporting.
    09-06-16 02:15 PM
    F2 - it is working (100% says YES, but it also only 3 votes and I can figure out 2 of them)
    FF22 and moody like this.
    09-06-16 02:18 PM
    F2 - it is working (100% says YES, but it also only 3 votes and I can figure out 2 of them)
    I am hoping for a bit more participation! Or banishment!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-06-16 03:31 PM
    Yes

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-16 03:39 PM
    There's no investigation needed. BlackBerry delivered the OS to Verizon long ago for approval and Verizon hasn't pushed it through. Simple as that. It's not as if Verizon isn't already known for pulling this crap, they have a long history of holding back OS updates that spans well beyond the BlackBerry ecosystem, though, they've been pretty notorious for it on BlackBerry devices as well as far back as BlackBerry OS. Go ahead, Google 'verizon finally software update' and just look at how many devices they've left languish on old OS'
    09-06-16 03:47 PM
    I vote YES! But only so I can stop reading about how Verizon is screwing you guys.

But in all honesty, it's a damn shame you have carriers that treat you guys this way. We can knock on the cost of Canadian mobile plans all day long but when it comes to timely updates, my provider always comes through.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    09-06-16 03:54 PM
    Yes please !
    Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    09-06-16 03:57 PM
    There's no investigation needed. BlackBerry delivered the OS to Verizon long ago for approval and Verizon hasn't pushed it through. Simple as that. It's not as if Verizon isn't already known for pulling this crap, they have a long history of holding back OS updates that spans well beyond the BlackBerry ecosystem, though, they've been pretty notorious for it on BlackBerry devices as well as far back as BlackBerry OS. Go ahead, Google 'verizon finally software update' and just look at how many devices they've left languish on old OS'
    They are, but some of us have been told that it's been held back specifically because there's an issue that Blackberry has not fixed. We don't know if that's true or not. Verizon told the FCC in a response to GGendel's complaint that there are no monthly security updates.
    FF22 and baspeed like this.
    09-06-16 04:05 PM
    Voted yes
    09-06-16 04:06 PM
    They are, but some of us have been told that it's been held back specifically because there's an issue that Blackberry has not fixed. We don't know if that's true or not. Verizon told the FCC in a response to GGendel's complaint that there are no monthly security updates.
    Must be some magical issue that is only affecting Verizon because if it was a broader issue then surely there would be others complaining about it lol. EVERY other carrier can manage to push out some build of Marshmallow and subsequent security updates but Verizon cannot?

And let's just ASSUME for a second there was an issue in the OS that was BlackBerry's problem, don't you think BlackBerry would have already fixed it by now? They've released MULTIPLE builds along with MULTIPLE security updates, there's no way it wouldn't have been included by now, especially since their focus is on Android currently.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-06-16 at 04:29 PM.
    anon(9169048) and Jrox74 like this.
    09-06-16 04:10 PM
    Well, yes. But it won't do any good. As Bla1ze said earlier, it's on Verizon. But it is a shame that there's apparently no one, anywhere that knows anyone anywhere high up at Verizon to find out what is going on.
    rickkel and Blacklatino like this.
    09-06-16 04:11 PM
    Yup

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my fancy new PRIV. #VZWHATESPRIVOWNERS
    09-06-16 04:12 PM
    Must be some magical issue that is only affecting Verizon because if it was a broader issue then surely there would be others complaining about it lol
    If only VoLTE was here sooner, then Verizon wouldn't have their special snowflake CDMA to fall back on as an excuse as for why they've been dragging their butts with updates.
    newcollector and jwarman like this.
    09-06-16 04:24 PM
    If only VoLTE was here sooner, then Verizon wouldn't have their special snowflake CDMA to fall back on as an excuse as for why they've been dragging their butts with updates.
    Agree.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry Priv
    09-06-16 04:31 PM
    Pick from these:

- No, because this is not a BlackBerry specific issue.
    - No, because you have been repeatedly told about how Verizon treats their customers and decided to stick with them, so you deserve it.
    - No, because this poll is ironic, started by someone who does not understand the phrase "VOTE with your wallet".
    newcollector likes this.
    09-06-16 04:44 PM
    Pick from these:

- No, because this is not a BlackBerry specific issue.
    - No, because you have been repeatedly told about how Verizon treats their customers and decided to stick with them, so you deserve it.
    - No, because this poll is ironic, started by someone who does not understand the phrase "VOTE with your wallet".
    For some of us there is no choice but Verizon for reasons which you still do not seem to understand. Not dogging on you dude, but c'mon, we've explained it to you numerous times in our own threads. Bottom line: leaving Verizon for some of us is not an option but perhaps going with an iPhone (on Verizon) just might be.

It may not be BlackBerry specific, but it is a BlackBerry issue. You know, there are four threads in the Priv forum dedicated specifcally to us Verizon users by us Verizon users. One of those threads finally got buried but at least two of threads are going strong with one of them being one of the highest viewed, most participated in, threads in the Android forums here on CrackBerry. So, not a BlackBerry issue? Good grief man. Us Verizon users a niche demographic in what is already one of BlackBerry's smallest markets to begin with, yet here we are.

Why we remain on Verizon is of nobody's business but our own, and I agree that there are many reasons to leave if possible, however, and despite what Verizon may have been known for, we all bought our PRIVs with the belief that we would get those updates like everyone else because that is what BlackBerry said would happen. BlackBerry has also stated they have the ability to by-pass carriers and push updates directly to phones OTA. Has that happened yet? I don't expect it to with MM, but at least with the security updates. And besides, with BB10 we had autoladers.
    09-06-16 04:58 PM
    And you and the rest of CrackBerry have been told on numerous occaisions that for some us there is no choice but Verizon for reasons which you still do not seem to understand. Bottom line: leaving Verizon for some of us is not an option but perhaps going with an iPhone (on Verizon) just might be.

It may not be BlackBerry specific, but it is a BlackBerry issue. You know, there are four threads in the Priv forum dedicated specifcally to us Verizon users by us Verizon users. One of those threads finally got buried but at least two of threads are going strong with one of them being one of the highest viewed, most participated in, threads in the Android forums here on CrackBerry. So, not a BlackBerry issue? Good grief man. Us Verizon users a niche demographic in what is already one of BlackBerry's smallest markets to begin with, yet we remain some of the most vocal.

Why we remain on Verizon is of nobody's business but our own, however, and despite what Verizon may have been known for, we all bought our PRIVs with the belief that we would get those updates like everyone else because that is BlackBerry said they would happen. BlackBerry has also stated they have the ability to by-pass carriers and push updates directly to phones OTA. Has that happened yet? I don't expect it to with MM, but at least with the security updates. And besides, with BB10 we had autoladers.
    Agree. If I had my choice I would be on another network but it's not my call

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry Priv
    medic22003 likes this.
    09-06-16 05:02 PM
    For some of us there is no choice but Verizon for reasons which you still do not seem to understand. Not dogging on you dude, but c'mon, we've explained it to you numerous times in our own threads. Bottom line: leaving Verizon for some of us is not an option but perhaps going with an iPhone (on Verizon) just might be.

It may not be BlackBerry specific, but it is a BlackBerry issue. You know, there are four threads in the Priv forum dedicated specifcally to us Verizon users by us Verizon users. One of those threads finally got buried but at least two of threads are going strong with one of them being one of the highest viewed, most participated in, threads in the Android forums here on CrackBerry. So, not a BlackBerry issue? Good grief man. Us Verizon users a niche demographic in what is already one of BlackBerry's smallest markets to begin with, yet here we are.

Why we remain on Verizon is of nobody's business but our own, and I agree that there are many reasons to leave if possible, however, and despite what Verizon may have been known for, we all bought our PRIVs with the belief that we would get those updates like everyone else because that is what BlackBerry said would happen. BlackBerry has also stated they have the ability to by-pass carriers and push updates directly to phones OTA. Has that happened yet? I don't expect it to with MM, but at least with the security updates. And besides, with BB10 we had autoladers.
    Thanks! You have said it very clearly and intelligently. Thanks again!
    09-06-16 05:19 PM
    As has been said, there are reports that Verizon shipped it back or rejected it for some reason and that it is now in BB's court. Was this just a conniption fit equivalent to a hangnail on Verizon's part to stall for nefarious reasons and a private feud with BB or was it legitimate. We lowly users have no way to find out.

Obviously, I don't expect Crackberry to storm the gates physically. I was hoping that maybe Crackberry might still have some sources or resources to scope things out and get some clarification.
    09-06-16 05:21 PM
    Thing is, we have been hearing from Verizon conflicting messages from the now infamous "soon" to "we don't see it on our road map" to "you get the update OTA directly from BlackBerry" to "BlackBerry hasn't given it to us yet" to "we got it, found an issue, gave it back" to....

And for the record it's not just Verizon that has poor history with releasing Android updates, it's a carrier thing in general. How many other carriers have yet to push it out?

Posted via CB PRIV.
    09-06-16 05:25 PM
    Obviously, I don't expect Crackberry to storm the gates physically.
    Darn.

*puts pitchfork away*
    PantherBlitz and DaFoxGrey like this.
    09-06-16 05:25 PM
    Thing is, we have been hearing from Verizon conflicting messages from the now infamous "soon" to "we don't see it on our road map" to "you get the update OTA directly from BlackBerry" to "BlackBerry hasn't given it to us yet" to "we got it, found an issue, gave it back" to....

Posted via CB PRIV.
    I'm aware. I'm also aware 90% of those tweets are automated replies through their customer care tools on Twitter, which is rather telling. They've offloaded answering questions to an automated process and there's no one actually doing any 'looking into it'. Standard, generic replies now are what most folks get when asking.

Poll: Should Crackberry find out why Verizon or BB has not offered Security/MM updates for the Priv-screenshot-2016-09-06-19.34.20.png
    09-06-16 05:27 PM
    I'm aware. I'm also aware 90% of those tweets are automated replies through their customer care tools on Twitter, which is rather telling. They've offloaded answering questions to an automated process and there's no one actually doing any 'looking into it'.
    But that's where you and CrackBerry come in
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-16 05:31 PM
    I'm aware. I'm also aware 90% of those tweets are automated replies through their customer care tools on Twitter, which is rather telling. They've offloaded answering questions to an automated process and there's no one actually doing any 'looking into it'.
    So.....look into it then.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-16 05:31 PM
68 123