I use desktop outlook and have a local calendar and contacts that I would sync w bb OS 7 over usb. No desire to stick my info into the cloud.

Tmo store used content transfer to move to new bb. It copied my data to my sim then he put sim in new phone and at finish of transfer they were in view. He could not tell me if the contents and or calendar are running off the sim or were imported to the phone. Poking around I can't tell where they sit, just that it says local.

I want to sync up my cal and contacts but no can do to outlook bc the priv doesn't use be desktop manager. I asked the dude how to back up and he says I will get duplicate contacts and appointments if it's on the sim bc it backs up to the sim. This doesn't make sense to me bc a backup should go into a backup file.

Anyone know how this works? How do I back this up without creating dupes and does anyone recommend software for local outlook syncs? Thnx!
    02-04-16 08:56 AM
    Lots of back up apps in google play....that would be my suggestion. Personally I did my switch using blackberry content transfer . Pretty easy and backed everything up to my sd card.but you are coming from bb OS7? Welcome to 2016. That's a huge step.

Is device switch app available in BB world?
    02-04-16 10:34 PM
    They used content transfer and transferred it. The problem is it says "local" but they don't know if it went to the device or the sim. The guy said if I back it up to the sim, and its on the sim, he believes it will duplicate everything. That doesn't sound right to me but I'm new to android phones (but very familiar with duplicate contacts...going back to the Palm Pilot!) so just trying to be careful.
    02-05-16 12:58 AM
    If it says 'Local' then it's on the device (confirmed for contacts). If contacts are on the sim, they get saved UNDER SIM.

You can verify this by opening the contacts APP / Module. Top Left Corner. Tap on the 3 lines. Under Accounts, you will see Local Contacts and further down, you will see SIM.

Anything in Local is on the Device. Anything in the SIM is on the SIM card.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 02-05-16 at 08:41 AM.
    Jonneh likes this.
    02-05-16 08:13 AM
    Ok thank you! I was able to back my contacts up to a file on the sim. But I can't seem to do the same for the calendar. I am taking my be back to exchange due to the battery and I want to back up my calendar too! It's local and I want it on the sim, not the cloud. Thnx
    02-07-16 09:08 AM
    Ok thank you! I was able to back my contacts up to a file on the sim. But I can't seem to do the same for the calendar. I am taking my be back to exchange due to the battery and I want to back up my calendar too! It's local and I want it on the sim, not the cloud. Thnx
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tlysecure.ical

Try that. It MIGHT work.
    Not really happy about suggesting an APP solution, but... sigh... I guess some solution is better than no solution. Hope it helps. All the best.
    02-07-16 09:52 AM
    I s@cked it up and bought Akruto. Doesnt offer the detail of BlackBerry desktop Mgr but works seamlessly over wireless. There was no other way to get the local Cal appts. Meh.
    02-27-16 12:23 PM