This would be great. Similar to how Sammy has/had Flipboard and LG has/had Blinkfeed. It would also mimic another great piece of BlackBerry 10.
    Just being pedantic here... BlinkFeed is HTC's, not LG.

They can easily do this via a configurable widget, then those who want this feature add it to the leftmost home page. However based on the current design philosophy they don't want to drift too far from AOSP, which is good in a different way.
    05-08-16 06:59 AM
    I can understand it being difficult to make these kinds of changes without becoming spammy or causing conflicts.

I think the main thing missed about the hub is how easy it is to access, on BB10 we could swipe up and right to get to the hub from almost anywhere and in Android we are loading a separate app which slows things down.

How about a toggled option to view the hub as part of the notification pull down? A good example of this kind of integration is how LG allow you to embed their quickremote into the pull down. Effectively, it becomes an app under the quickbuttons.
    05-08-16 07:25 AM
    Why doesn't emails re-size itself? It seems broken. Also email alerts aren't instant. I have set to push and still I find I get emails at least 5-10 mins late a lot of times.
    shoaib2811 likes this.
    05-08-16 07:49 AM
    If we are talking improvements to the hub, I'd love to have it available as the left most pane on the home screens similar to other platforms that have system apps there. I know I'd access the hub via that route a lot.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Totally agree. Would be almost the same way of opening the hub as on BB10.
    05-08-16 08:28 AM
    I would just be happy if we could get more complete hub integration with apps that have accounts attached to the hub, so that when you open a notification, you simply open a view and reply window without actually opening the app, so that you don't have to go back afterwards and close the apps.

05-08-16 09:11 AM
    I would just be happy if we could get more complete hub integration with apps that have accounts attached to the hub, so that when you open a notification, you simply open a view and reply window without actually opening the app, so that you don't have to go back afterwards and close the apps.

This always makes me curious. Why do you go back and close the apps after? I'm assuming that you are closing them from recents screen?
    05-08-16 09:39 AM
    This always makes me curious. Why do you go back and close the apps after? I'm assuming that you are closing them from recents screen?
    Habbit I guess
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-08-16 09:43 AM
    Just being pedantic here... BlinkFeed is HTC's, not LG.

They can easily do this via a configurable widget, then those who want this feature add it to the leftmost home page. However based on the current design philosophy they don't want to drift too far from AOSP, which is good in a different way.
    Thanks for the clarification! I wrote that before my cup of coffee in the morning

Agreed in terms of keeping Android as vanilla as possible, but the more BlackBerry gets into Android I think they should look into making it their own. Throwing in features that made BlackBerry 10 "unique" would be good. I'm confident many out there don't even know BlackBerry made BlackBerry 10, so it might, and I say might with a pound of salt, help attract users to their phones. Hoping this is part of their strategy going forward.
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-08-16 10:19 AM
    Hub has come a long way still some additions like pinch filter criterion will be a feather on the crown IMO.
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-08-16 10:51 AM
    My biggest issue is the polling that occurs when you open the app. I wish there was a way to to this in the background with minimal resources being used an minimizing battery drain. So when I open the app it doesn't have to refresh and poll all over. Noticeable battery drain every time this happens.

05-08-16 11:41 AM
    To achieve so, I think BlackBerry has to make the Hub and Launcher one app. That will bring the gesture to open Hub from home screen. Plus app devs have to cooperate but I doubt they would

Posted via CB10
    gallopiton likes this.
    05-08-16 11:53 AM
    I never thought about it that way but it makes sense to have a better integration... in the same subject, adding more swipe options to the BlackBerry Launcher will make the transition from BB10 easier and you will feel at home faster

To achieve so, I think BlackBerry has to make the Hub and Launcher one app. That will bring the gesture to open Hub from home screen. Plus app devs have to cooperate but I doubt they would

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 12:03 PM
    Forget it, blackberry never completed anything (e.g. remember with no exchange-tag syncing, no evernote reminder)
    05-08-16 02:18 PM
    Any possible way of being able to get Good Work in the HUB? This is the only big thing I miss. Having work and personal on the same interface is very productive.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 04:22 PM
    All i need is for the hub to live at the side. I don't know how doable that is but Sammy seems to have worked flipboard there flawlessly, Google now works there effortlessly as well. I would just like for the hub to have that always there feel like BB10. At present its not as quick/effortless as on BB10. and oh have I missed pinch to filter. Greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Soul_Est and RK_BB like this.
    05-08-16 09:10 PM
    Any possible way of being able to get Good Work in the HUB? This is the only big thing I miss. Having work and personal on the same interface is very productive.

Posted via CB10
    Why not integrate both your work and personal email accounts in the Hub? If your company is deploying AfW you can unify the work and personal communications like it was in bb10 to see a single view.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-08-16 09:26 PM
    All i need is for the hub to live at the side. I don't know how doable that is but Sammy seems to have worked flipboard there flawlessly, Google now works there effortlessly as well. I would just like for the hub to have that always there feel like BB10. At present its not as quick/effortless as on BB10. and oh have I missed pinch to filter. Greatest thing since sliced bread.
    What Pinch filter did you use most often?
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    05-08-16 09:36 PM
    Pinch to unread would be great!
    05-08-16 09:44 PM
    Pinch to show unread message. Never changed that since day one.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    05-08-16 09:44 PM
    I know its two different OS and if only you could do more. This is the best way i can put it, In BB10 the hub was ready and waiting for me to catch up on stuff, in Android feels like I'm waiting on it to catch up. My Z10 was a champ!! only time the hub was slow was after a boot. 5 minutes in and it was unstoppable. Don't feel the same with this Hexa core processor.
    Soul_Est and RK_BB like this.
    05-08-16 09:47 PM
    I use the pinch filter to see all my flagged "to do" emails at one time.

my first foray into droidlandia
    05-08-16 09:48 PM
    Definitely all good ideas Always open to suggestions on where we go next. Vote in beta forums could be cool.

Messaging apps and social networks are what we have focused on so far and are continuing to, as we've got s great framework for how to integrate them.

Doesn't mean we won't experiment with other things too though
    Great work thus far! And thanks for being present here and speaking to us passionate BB users.

If I were in your shoes I would focus solely on integrating any app that allows for a direct message and reply, like Instagram, FB Messenger, Whatsapp, etc. Any app that just sends a notification to the hub is not really as much of a priority (if at all) IMO.
    05-08-16 10:19 PM
    I know your question was for me but I agree with pinch to unread. Love it to this day. This feature still blows non-bb 10 users away when I show it to them.
    05-08-16 10:44 PM
    Definitely all good ideas Always open to suggestions on where we go next. Vote in beta forums could be cool.

Messaging apps and social networks are what we have focused on so far and are continuing to, as we've got s great framework for how to integrate them.

Doesn't mean we won't experiment with other things too though
    Can you open up Hub API so other app developers can integrate notification with Hub?
    Mecca EL and gizmo21 like this.
    05-09-16 04:51 AM
    That would be awesome.

If we are talking improvements to the hub, I'd love to have it available as the left most pane on the home screens similar to other platforms that have system apps there. I know I'd access the hub via that route a lot.

05-09-16 07:07 AM
160 1234 ...