This is totally not Trump slogan! Lol but I really wonder if it would be possible one day to direct all system notifications to the HUB rather having them on top notification bar. So the HUB would be like BBOS10 and how it Handel all notifications from one place.

I'm sure it's possible! They got apk files to run on BB10. They can make this small change for us and make all BB10 users who switched to the PRIV happy!

What do you guys think?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-16 10:02 AM
    I'm sure the Hub will someday approach the BB10 version in functionality, but it will take some time. I'm willing to wait, I like the Hub as is....any improvements is a bonus for me.

05-07-16 10:26 AM
    I believe it's an issue with android allowing that kind of functionality if I remember correctly. In bb10 everything is baked in and they could have that type of functionality. With android they don't have that kind of access to the api's that would allow that. Though I hope I'm wrong

05-07-16 10:34 AM
    Invoking a Trump-ism when addressing a BlackBerry issue feels so wrong... Like using a Ted Bundy quote to discuss the birth of a child...

Poorly chosen joke aside, I agree in part with some of the intended sentiments and certainly am another awaiting the Hub to blossom into the magnificent tool I know it can be... Little by little is getting there, but it feels like it is moving at a snail's pace...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-07-16 at 01:28 PM.
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-07-16 12:13 PM
    It's something we're looking at, but it's something that also has an incredibly high chance of becoming "obnoxious" in a lot of ways. Today we handle grouping like notifications (remember the WhatsApp group messages bug?) and we have to do all of that work ourselves. Just blindly pulling all of the notifications into the Hub is going to result in a lot of notifications behaving weirdly and "spamming" the user. We're evaluating approaches we could take.
    Uzi, fanisk, gallopiton and 12 others like this.
    05-07-16 12:55 PM
    To my opinion is not necessary to bring all kind of notifications into the hub but it would be good to have in all kind of messaging apps.
    05-07-16 01:02 PM
    It's something we're looking at, but it's something that also has an incredibly high chance of becoming "obnoxious" in a lot of ways. Today we handle grouping like notifications (remember the WhatsApp group messages bug?) and we have to do all of that work ourselves. Just blindly pulling all of the notifications into the Hub is going to result in a lot of notifications behaving weirdly and "spamming" the user. We're evaluating approaches we could take.
    Perhaps hold some votes in the Beta forums on which network should you attempt at next.
    05-07-16 01:12 PM
    I think you guys have done a great job on the Android hub so far. It's come a long way since it's first version.

Let's focus on the major social and messaging apps and polishing up the experience.

CNX66 likes this.
    05-07-16 01:29 PM
    Definitely all good ideas Always open to suggestions on where we go next. Vote in beta forums could be cool.

Messaging apps and social networks are what we have focused on so far and are continuing to, as we've got s great framework for how to integrate them.

Doesn't mean we won't experiment with other things too though
    05-07-16 01:46 PM
    That's the spirit! 😅

05-07-16 01:48 PM
    I really like the hub in the Priv and appreciate the progress being made by BB to improve it.
    I am wondering about Telegram. Can it be integrated into the hub? I have friends, especially abroad, who like to use it to communicate. It is quite popular in Europe. More of my friends here in the US have been signing up for it as well. I currently have the app on my front page so I see when something comes in.
    I see the point about getting so many messages that it feels like being spammed. I am glad that BB is watching for this.
    On this subject, the Hub has really helped me clear out unwanted emails quickly. I just flick them away to delete. They are mostly newsletters and daily deals that I want "sometimes" but come way too often.
    I opted to not load the Facebook app or the Twitter app onto my Priv (at least not yet). I access them through the web.
    05-07-16 02:59 PM
    Definitely all good ideas Always open to suggestions on where we go next. Vote in beta forums could be cool.

Messaging apps and social networks are what we have focused on so far and are continuing to, as we've got s great framework for how to integrate them.

Dare I suggest... priority hub? I'd also love the pinch option to see my unread messages but I'd settle for a separate section on the hub to mimic this BlackBerry 10 gesture. If this is already there...disregard!
    CivilDissident and 2cats1dog like this.
    05-07-16 04:18 PM
    The Hub is too slow for it to outright replace the notifications pull-down.

Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-07-16 04:20 PM

Will the Messenger app be integrated into the Hub eventually?

Also, I still have WhatsApp messages as unread in the Hub when they have definitely been read in the app itself - any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks for the fantastic work!!

05-07-16 04:23 PM
    I have reinstalled the Z30 and gave it a back up for the contacts and calender and music, the Android apps were installed as copy/paste, I still have the FB app that I put in a folder and made the Web version as a Icon on the screen. Everything is working fine with the hub, not fast but all the notifications come in. Just do not update the FB app from the BB World, put it in a folder with apps that you do not use so it dose not get in the way and use the Web Icon.
    05-07-16 04:27 PM
    Here are a few screen shots of the running apps on my Z30, all the ones that need to be in the hub are integrated, some are from Amazon and the rest are from Google Play that I backed up from my HTC on the desktop and then pasted in the Download Folder of the Z30. I do not need any more apps, maybe 5 other important that I will install later. I do not know why some people are making problems, some still use onlder versions of Android that are not updated and cannot be updates due to the hardware, the Z30 is a phone that was ahead of its time and is still being sold and people that have knowlage that can choose any phone pick this one, you have to use it to understand it and why its a great device.

Please help make the HUB great again!-img_20160507_233909.png

Please help make the HUB great again!-img_20160507_233913.png

Please help make the HUB great again!-img_20160507_233917.png

Please help make the HUB great again!-img_20160507_233922.png
    05-07-16 04:56 PM
    Dare I suggest... priority hub? I'd also love the pinch option to see my unread messages but I'd settle for a separate section on the hub to mimic this BlackBerry 10 gesture. If this is already there...disregard!
    Both are being looked at. One of the two is in active development.
    05-07-16 05:49 PM
    Will the Messenger app be integrated into the Hub eventually?

Also, I still have WhatsApp messages as unread in the Hub when they have definitely been read in the app itself - any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks for the fantastic work!!

Facebook Messenger? Not sure. We've hit some technical hurdles getting it into the Hub. I can't give an answer on that unfortunately.

Do you still have a notification in the tray? Can you share more details on how you are seeing this issue so we can try to reproduce?
    05-07-16 05:53 PM
    Both are being looked at. One of the two is in active development.
    Twitter notifications are becoming annoying. After swiping to delete them they come back a few hours later, not all of them but quite a few. Any fix/workarounds for this?

Posted via CB10
    jworthi746 likes this.
    05-07-16 07:58 PM
    If we are talking improvements to the hub, I'd love to have it available as the left most pane on the home screens similar to other platforms that have system apps there. I know I'd access the hub via that route a lot.

05-07-16 08:28 PM
    Twitter notifications are becoming annoying. After swiping to delete them they come back a few hours later, not all of them but quite a few. Any fix/workarounds for this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I agree. They're annoying me too. Testing a new batch of fixes on Monday.
    gizmo21, skinnymike1 and Soul_Est like this.
    05-07-16 09:09 PM
    Threema is apopular Messenger in Germany and i would like to see it in the hub, too

In the future it would be great that the User may decide which app should appear in the hub-you make a great job at BlackBerry!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for AndrOS 10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-07-16 09:24 PM
    Yeah would've been nice by goggle if they provided a messaging framework so BlackBerry wouldn't have to do the heavy lifting on every app again. But sometimes it seems synergy is not intended.
    05-07-16 09:31 PM
    Yes, I agree. They're annoying me too. Testing a new batch of fixes on Monday.
    Thanks for keeping us posted, keep up the great work!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 09:43 PM
    If we are talking improvements to the hub, I'd love to have it available as the left most pane on the home screens similar to other platforms that have system apps there. I know I'd access the hub via that route a lot.

This would be great. Similar to how Sammy has/had Flipboard and LG has/had Blinkfeed. It would also mimic another great piece of BlackBerry 10.
    Uzi, Johnpetter and tp2386 like this.
    05-08-16 05:43 AM
160 123 ...