IMO the biggest adjustment for you will be the lack of the toolbelt. My wife still refuses to buy any BlackBerry that does not have the toolbelt.

Go with the Classic if you want some continuity.

If you're ready to delve into the modern world of apps, then get the Priv.

I'm not a gamer or much into social media, but there are a lot of apps I'm finding myself using like:

Uber while travelling, the Kaiser app to book appointments and message my doctor, Pocket to read articles offline, Lynda to watch training videos, Google Hangouts to communicate w family overseas etc. All of these I couldnt do on my BB10 devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 11:52 AM
    Interesting comment. My husband gave me an iphone 5 several years ago. I never ever got the hang of it, and never even carried it around. Didn't like the look or feel of and it seemed complicated to me. (I really hurt my husband's feelings as he felt that I would love it). Then almost a year ago, I read about the BB Classic and ordered it. I loved it from the first minute and did not find it complicated in any way. My mind and the Classic just clicked. I did handle the Priv yesterday for about 10 minutes at Bell Canada kiosk. I didn't love it on first sight like I did with my Classic, and I did find I had to seek direction several times from the sales agent. He was surprised as he said if I could use BB Classic I had "aptitude" so was a little puzzled that little things puzzled me with the Priv. I might wait for the Vienna as the Priv just had too much presence for the likes of me LOL. But I do plan on going back and asking to play with the Priv again after all the Christmas rush is over.
    This sales agent sounds like every other sales agent. Has never used BlackBerry 10 and just assumes it's clunky and outdated. Of the big four OS's BlackBerry has by far the easiest to navigate

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    12-03-15 01:45 AM
    Samsung androids are the worst. Tons of bloatware and constant freezing and reboots. My partners Samsung nearly flew off the balcony 15th floor a few times.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-03-15 12:16 PM
    Up until March 2015, I used nothing but a flip phone. From there finally got a Z30 as my 1st official smartphone. It was easy to use and the Hub was very efficient for all manners of comms. From there, I started to learn about BB and the smartphone industry.

Then I started running into situations where BB10 completely fell flat on its face: not updated native Map, airline apps that quit working cause updates now require G-Play, BB10 native apps no longer being updated and lacking features, android apps no longer working after updates cause again, it required G-Play to run. For me BB10 became useless after 8 months of use.

Now I have a Nexus that runs on Marshmallow. It addresses the privacy problem cause I can turn off permissions I choose. Hell, I have no permissions set on the Facebook app and it runs perfectly. Disabled many Google apps and replaced them with equivalent apps that respect privacy (email, browser, SMS, photo, music player, etc, etc.). Installed AdGuard and OS Monitor. Created a spooffed Google account where I turn off as many tracking features on Setup (Google website). I'm not afraid to go one on one with anyone's BB10 device in terms of security & privacy.

Only downside is lack of the (working) Hub, that now requires 3 communication apps to do what the Hub did on BB10. That's it.

Jumping from app to app? Same efficiency as BB10: tap the right-most square button to minimize the app and flick the the app to the left or right. No need to wait for the 'x' to appear on the top-right corner of the minimized app. Same amount (and time) of movement as dragging your finger up on the screen and tapping on the lower right 'X' on BB10 app to turn it off. It;s just different movement.

Heck, the little things are even better on Android: when I have an app open (like reading an article for example), the entire screen is not covered up by the app like on BB10. The very top of the Android screen still shows the time so that time doesn't get away from me. In BB10 I always had to minimize the app just to see the time. Very inefficient.

In android, I downloaded a combination of the Calendar and Remember app all in one, "isoTimer". Now I don't have to switch back & forth between 2 apps just to set tasks and/or meetings in my calendar. All in 1. 2 apps (Calendar and Remember in BB10) for day planning is not efficient.

File Manager? Is that still a problem? Solid Explorer. Does that same exact thing as BB10's File Manager. I don't see what the big deal was.

Bottom line: a person has to actually embrace and not be afraid of change. Be willing to take time and learn and not make up excuses like 'I don't have time for this", etc, etc. I didn't expect anyone to spoon feed me.
    12-03-15 12:43 PM
29 12