Is there's a way you can play a video to your TV like bb10? I know I can cast but with bb10 I could play the video in the TV and could continue using my phone without interrupting the video.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-25-16 01:43 PM
    Is there's a way you can play a video to your TV like bb10? I know I can cast but with bb10 I could play the video in the TV and could continue using my phone without interrupting the video.

Are you talking about HDMI?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-25-16 02:18 PM
    Nop. If you go to a video on bb10 and click on play on and then select your TV, the video will be on the TV and you could continue using your phone without interrupting the video. I think the name is DLNA

08-25-16 02:26 PM
    You can use Chromecast. It then depends what you want to play. For eg, if it's the YouTube, you can send it to Chromecast to play and use your phone.

A lot of videos from Chrome browser let's you directly play them on the Chromecast.

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    08-25-16 05:27 PM
    If you use AlLCAst (app) you can also cast to roku devices.

What is "cast" ? I need to Google that. I saw the option in a menu somewhere but I don't know what it does. Same thing?

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    08-25-16 05:36 PM
    Is the same thing as chromecast. But with bb10 (z10 or passport) you could play the video on the TV by the Xbox for example and you could continue to you the phone (multitasking) without interrupting the video on the TV. With cast, whatever you do on the phone, will be shown on the TV. So it I play a movie I can't touch the phone for emails or whatever other reason

08-26-16 06:47 AM
    Don't you have to watch out about utilizing data because both devices have to utilize a wireless router to act like the hub?

For example......I have TMO's binge on that allows me to stream just about anything without using my core data that my plan allows (10G), but it has to be on the network to work.

I also have a wireless router connected to a satellite internet modem (wildblue's exceed) and I am capped at 12G for HOME internet connectivity.

If I had said chromcast / roku / whatever, it has to be on the wireless network too in order to do whatever it does anyway.

So, in order to cast my screen, I attach phone to wireless network.....attach casting recipient device to network....then when I cast - the data I see on the phone casts to hub, then to device to tv. But if I am on wireless, it defeats the purpose of having the binge on....does that make sense?

I guess I also am saying you cant just go buy a chromecast and expect it to work without it be attached to a network right? It does not act like its own centralized hub?
    08-26-16 04:13 PM
    I think OP is talking about DLNA which is part of BB10. The phone acts as a server and a device like a PlayStation3 renders the media. I don't believe it is built into the Priv. I've seen apps on the Playstore but haven't used them.

08-28-16 11:16 AM
    I use BubbleUPnP for DLNA/Chromecast. If that's what you're looking for. Though I haven't yet tried it on the Priv.
    08-28-16 11:52 AM
    Feel like going back to bb10 just for that. You can also do it with music & pictures. You can also do it using an hdmi cable.
    It's kind of like a second screen

08-28-16 01:40 PM
    Chromecast is a lot more powerful then what BB10 did. Though you need to buy HDMI chromecast stick.

You can do video, music, photos, mirror screen etc.
    08-28-16 01:45 PM
    Feel like going back to bb10 just for that. You can also do it with music & pictures. You can also do it using an hdmi cable.
    It's kind of like a second screen

Have you tried Bubble UPnP? It does just that, it plays a video or whatever and you use your phone normally; with music, pictures, local videos or you can share youtube videos to it so it plays on your TV etc. I don't know about HDMI, though, as I don't have a SlimPort adapter.
    08-28-16 01:55 PM
    I'll try that

08-28-16 04:55 PM
    I've done slimport, and to be honest it's ****. I've got to go out and get another. The connector is wore out, and I believe it's not rated for quick charge, so mostly even when ran in tandem with charger, you actually LOSE power.

08-28-16 05:42 PM