So...been a Z10 user way back in August 2013, upgraded to the Passport just over a year ago, so I'm used to the BB10 way. I've never used Android except for some fiddling about in the AT&T store or when my brother-in-law had a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Buuuut, with the Black Friday pricing and since I've been contemplating getting a Priv anyways, I placed my order a few hours ago! Too good to pass up! Never bought a phone outright before, but it seems straightforward, so no worries there!

I'm just really looking for some advice for an Android newbie...and maybe some case advice, too.

1. Will it update to Marshmallow right away?

2. Any file management apps that can integrate into Dropbox? Lightweight and not too invasive would be preferable!

3. Is a case necessary at all? I will get one eventually, but for now, phone first, case later. I didn't want to drop more money than I need to already. I really love the flip case, with the window and all that. Very reminiscent of the one my brother-in-law had for his S4, but it's so expensive.

4. With the S4 in mind, I hated fiddling around with it. It seemed so frustrating, so how's the Android experience o the Priv in general?

5. Last but not least...keyboard! I have small hands, but I'm so used to the Passport's roomy keyboard, I'm not sure I'll adjust well. Small handed owners who went from Passport here to give input?

This post is getting pretty lengthy already, so I'll cut the questions here until I receive the phone in the mail! I'm so hyped for a fresh start with a really nice-looking phone!

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    11-22-16 12:03 AM
    1) From BlackBerry, right? It should get Marshmallow right away, if it isn't already installed. You can run an autoloader before install to make sure.

2) Try Solid Explorer.

3) When I had a Priv I used the leather flip case, but to each their own. Didn't feel too fragile outside of it, and the back was much grippier than the one on my DTEK60.

4) Very close to stock Android, so there's no Samsung crap to plug it up.

5) Once you work off the muscle memory it should work well, especially if the extra row is more natural for you. Went from a Passport to Priv, but I ended up using the virtual keyboard most of the time anyway.
    11-22-16 12:46 AM
    While I have not connected to Cloud/dropbox storage, Asus File manager seems to have Cloud capabilities.

There are a number of Passport folks who seem to find the keyboard okay once they adjust.

Android will take some getting use to. Double-tap instead of a neat Swipe to wake the device took some time. Now when I look at my Z30, I double tap it!
    11-22-16 12:56 AM
    I had a Z10, bought a Z30, and now I have my Priv. My daughter has a Q10 and my wife a Q5. We are a very BlackBerry Family. That being said I moved to the Priv this past July and have very little regret.

1. I bought my Priv from Amazon. The first thing I did was update to MM. Yours should update fine. Then I updated the preloaded apps. I disabled the GMail app and enabled the Hub.

2. I like Asus File Manager. It integrates cloud storage.

3. I would buy a case. An acquaintance dropped his Priv sans case and cracked the screen. $300 to fix.

4. I was frustrated at first. It felt like BB10 just worked. It took awhile to find the apps I liked and get used to how they interact. Now it flows more naturally.

5. Never had the Passport. Came from the Z30. I've been forcing myself to use the pkb and I'm getting more used to it. But I still type faster on my Z30.
    11-22-16 09:05 PM