Good evening, I have a vertical pink line through my entire screen display that has sometimes been brighter, sometimes fades and sometimes goes away. What I found last night is if I extend the screen to expose the physical keyboard the line was fading a little so as the screen was opened I put a slight twisting pressure on the screen and made the line disappear for the day. Now it has come back and now even twisting slightly the display screen won't make it go away at all. Definitely a loose connection / broken connection in that area possibly...has this happened to anyone else's Priv , and can a repair shop replace the screen possibly? Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my awesome Priv !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Pink vertical line through screen display-196929.jpg  
    03-13-17 10:02 PM
    Looks like a dead Pixel
    03-13-17 11:05 PM
    Good evening, I have a vertical pink line through my entire screen display that has sometimes been brighter, sometimes fades and sometimes goes away. What I found last night is if I extend the screen to expose the physical keyboard the line was fading a little so as the screen was opened I put a slight twisting pressure on the screen and made the line disappear for the day. Now it has come back and now even twisting slightly the display screen won't make it go away at all. Definitely a loose connection / broken connection in that area possibly...has this happened to anyone else's Priv , and can a repair shop replace the screen possibly? Thanks.

Most probably a hardware problem. Do you still have a warranty? One year from purchase or more depending on jurisdiction.

Screen itself seems to sell for about $300 which is pretty pricey.

Good luck.
    03-14-17 12:54 AM
    Hi FF22, I believe that my device is off warranty, got it in November 2015, carrier is Rogers. I live in Northern Alberta and not many places that could fix it unfortunately.

03-14-17 01:02 AM
    help! priv screen issue thread started in January, with a pic similar to yours. They stated it was either the actual screen, or screen driver. Im sure not what you wanted to hear. Maybe Rogers will help with a replacement at low cost.
    03-14-17 01:52 AM
    Usually a line on screen indicates a problem with the
    lcd panel also could be ram issue.

Best to contact a service center.
    03-14-17 02:03 AM

run BlackBerry virtual expert and then run screen pixle test! if problem is there replace it

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 03:49 AM
    Hi FF22, I believe that my device is off warranty, got it in November 2015, carrier is Rogers. I live in Northern Alberta and not many places that could fix it unfortunately.

I don't know Canadian warranty terms. In the US, the warranty is one year (I have insurance that I pay for separately). I think some have mentioned Europe may be longer.

There was a post the other day about a new Priv being a bit under $300. That might match the price of just the screen. Still not a cheap option.

While you can try Blackberry Virtual Expert, if twisting the screen/chassis kind of temporarily fixed it, it is most certainly hardware.

Good luck.
    03-14-17 09:24 AM
    Thanks everyone for the input, I was hoping someone else had experienced this and came up with a way to tighten the screen slider in a way to make the line go away, as when I perform a twisting action I can make the line go brighter and / or disappear for a short time, so definitely in the connection to the screen. I will take it into a repair place next time I am in the city to assess it and see if they are comfortable opening it up.

FF22 likes this.
    03-17-17 11:16 PM
    Just posted a similar thread, my line is only a pixel sized not as wide as yours.
    03-18-17 04:36 AM
    It sounds like a few of us are experiencing this Brian. It is most likely something that has to do with a connection in particularly with the slider screen as I can manipulate the line by performing slight twisting on the screen.

03-18-17 10:08 AM
    Any chance you can be very specific with regards to where you twist? It looks worse on hours then on mine, mine is very small (literally a pixel) yours looks like it is several.
    03-18-17 10:58 AM
    Found it, right at the top of the screen, if I close the slider and press in slightly I can make the line brighter and it disappeared, hmm, is there a tutorial on opening it up and finding the connection?
    03-18-17 11:00 AM
    Oh wow! It's gone (for now)
    03-18-17 11:00 AM
    That is the same excitement that I had when I made it disappear... lol, but that was for a few hours unfortunately, sounds like yours isn't as bad as mine, so I'm hoping for you that you were able to tighten the connector !!

03-18-17 11:13 AM
    Found it, right at the top of the screen, if I close the slider and press in slightly I can make the line brighter and it disappeared, hmm, is there a tutorial on opening it up and finding the connection?
    The other Pink Line thread had the video

03-18-17 11:22 AM
    The other Pink Line thread had the video

Not sure what time I posted that, but it was probably only half an hour ago and it came back then pressed in and its now gone.. This "game" isn't going to work, as long as it doesn't get worse, it wont impair me to greatly. I'll have a look at that video and see how confident I am about opening my phone up
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-17 11:35 AM
    Mine has now gotten to the point where I can make to go less enhanced, but can no longer make it disappear all together.

03-18-17 12:25 PM