Don't know if this was there before but after five failed attempts it asks you to enter "blackberry" just like os 10 .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    tp2386 and whunterr like this.
    12-22-15 07:58 PM
    Don't know if this was there before but after five failed attempts it asks you to enter "blackberry" just like os 10 .

It wasn't. Thanks for letting me know. Bye bye pattern password, hello picture password.
    12-22-15 08:04 PM
    It was there before on other devices I am not sure about the Priv. This is by design so that if you are for example mowing the lawn and your leg gets hot it will actually touch the screen through your pocket because of the moisture. This could cause 10 wrong tries and wipe your device. If that happened you would be pissed from accidental touches. As far as I know it has always been there but again not sure about the Priv.
    12-23-15 07:42 AM

This is new for sure. Then what happens?
    12-23-15 07:50 AM
    I am not sure I understand your question
    12-23-15 07:56 AM
    I am not sure I understand your question
    I'm asking what happens after you type BlackBerry, since on the Priv you must pick between a picture or PIN (but not both).
    12-23-15 07:58 AM
    The point is to make sure there is actually a human at the wheel and not just a random pocket touching till it reaches 10 and wipes. So this forces a user to intervene before it continues. So after you enter "BlackBerry" it will go back to picture password. The same thing hold true if you have a password on your device, after so many failed attempts it will ask you to type in BlackBerry to make sure its actually a human making these mistakes and not your two year old niece playing with your phone they found on the table while your back was tunrned
    12-23-15 08:07 AM
    The point is to make sure there is actually a human at the wheel and not just a random pocket touching till it reaches 10 and wipes. So this forces a user to intervene before it continues. So after you enter "BlackBerry" it will go back to picture password. The same thing hold true if you have a password on your device, after so many failed attempts it will ask you to type in BlackBerry to make sure its actually a human making these mistakes and not your two year old niece playing with your phone they found on the table while your back was tunrned
    Yes, I understand all that.

I'm confirming what actually happens on the Priv, from the OP, who tried it.
    12-23-15 08:14 AM
    I had this from the very beginning..... Once you have 5 failed attempts, you enter "BlackBerry" and then you have the remaining ones.....

12-23-15 08:17 AM
    I had this from the very beginning..... Once you have 5 failed attempts, you enter "BlackBerry" and then you have the remaining ones.....

OK. After 5 attempts it makes me wait 30 seconds to try again. But then I do not have it set to wipe after 10 failed tries.
    12-23-15 08:21 AM
    This is new for sure. Then what happens?
    U get 5 more tries lol,anyway there is an option in locks screen to disable wipe after 10 tries.To be honest picture password has worked perfect for me,as long as u grab anywhere but the number and put it where u select!

12-23-15 12:52 PM