PhoneArena's full video review apart from that unboxing vid.

I'd say it's pretty fair.

11-06-15 10:11 AM
    call quality sucking doesn't sound very Blackberry-ish. Wonder if they had a defective unit.
    11-06-15 10:13 AM
    call quality sucking doesn't sound very Blackberry-ish. Wonder if they had a defective unit.
    I've actually seen that is a few reviews now, so I don't think it's a isolated issue.
    11-06-15 10:18 AM
    I've actually seen that is a few reviews now, so I don't think it's a isolated issue.
    If true, that would be a massive fail.
    andy957 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:20 AM
    If true, that would be a massive fail.
    Like a certain iDevice a few years back?
    11-06-15 10:21 AM
    Like a certain iDevice a few years back?
    I think that was dropped call issue, not poor call quality and it was a MAJOR fail for Apple at the time. Thing is, Apple could afford it, BB cannot.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-06-15 10:22 AM
    I think that was dropped call issue, not poor call quality and it was a MAJOR fail for Apple at the time. Thing is, Apple could afford it, BB cannot.
    And that was corrected by a software update. Hopefully this issue is correctable the same way, and it's not a hardware defect. If not, I expect it would be a dealbreaker for me since I still use a mobile device as a communication tool first and foremost.
    Mdbills484 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:26 AM
    Call quality issues would be a surprise and hopefully something they can fix with an update as, if not, that would be a concern. Call quality (and signal strength for that matter) are two historic strengths of BB's and why I use them as my daily driver. I've yet to use a phone that is a good as a BB in this regard so hopefully it's nothing.
    11-06-15 10:33 AM
    And that was corrected by a software update. Hopefully this issue is correctable the same way, and it's not a hardware defect. If not, I expect it would be a dealbreaker for me since I still use a mobile device as a communication tool first and foremost.
    You actually talk on a phone?
    My question is... who does the radio files for the PRIV? Is it up to each OEM to build their own Android package for that particular radio/chipset? Or is it a standard package from the chipset manufacture, or from Google?