I guess people forget about the Storm 1 and Storm 2. Devices so bad that it broke a company's back. And that company is RIM.
    12-10-15 02:34 PM
    When PlayBook came out, several people ranted about exchanging 3 PlayBooks, and every one had a red light bleed in the upper left corner.

The moron didn't know it was a notification LED.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 03:08 PM
    To qwerty4ever,

I stand you corrected, the Playbook was released from Day #1 with the Bridge. Complaints came later, because it could not connect to networks without using Bridge with a BlackBerry phone. The Playbook was a very reliable tablet and very sturdy too. I have abused it from April 2011 to Dec 2015 before having to abandon it this month because of deep obsolescence and disappearance of any kind of softwares compatible with it.

It experienced the same faith as Beta format, that is being the best of its class by far technically but left over because of lack of ecosystem (or compatibility in the case of Sony Betamax)

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 10:55 PM
    I'd be more concerned about BlackBerry's attitude toward software development for Android in general, and seeming lack of understanding about their past software successes more than any particular bug or even hardware issues. The latter will surely be ironed out, but the former has me very worried.
    In how far? I'm actually very surprised about how good their initial app offering is on Android. Took Samsung years and years to reach that level.
    12-15-15 06:08 AM
    In how far? I'm actually very surprised about how good their initial app offering is on Android. Took Samsung years and years to reach that level.

BB didn't throw their Apps together in a few weeks as your comment might imply.

Bla1ze posted a while back that BB have been running Android (ironically on a Passport) for over a year.
    12-15-15 07:04 AM
    BB didn't throw their Apps together in a few weeks as your comment might imply.

Bla1ze posted a while back that BB have been running Android (ironically on a Passport) for over a year.
    That's not at all what I'm implying. If you consider what other companies have achieved in terms of android software development, I think Blackberry's first public release is pretty darn good
    12-15-15 07:43 AM
    Samsung didn't start on Android 5, which is a very mature OS, they started on Android 2.3 (or 2.2, don't remember exactly). Also in the days of young Android, developers weren't very experienced and the hardware was also new.

Today, any serious company can launch a good Android device on the market if they want to. That's because the base that is Android is now mature enough , that if you don't mess too much with it, it is a good and stable OS (as evidenced by the Nexus line).
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-15-15 08:23 AM
    Samsung's original Galaxy phone launched with Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and was officially upgraded to 1.6 (Donut).
    12-15-15 01:18 PM
    I'm convinced there are people hoping the Priv will fail. Thinking BlackBerry will return to exclusively developing BB10.

Me and two other people at work have Privs. We are all completely satisfied. Guess we were just lucky to get the only three that aren't crappie.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-15 06:20 PM
    Nice post kudos to the OT BUT remember: this is the first non-BB Os phone...ever! So give it time folks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-18-15 12:21 AM
    How quick people forget the issues other devices have had during their first few months... nevermind the fact that this is an entirely new OS for some, let alone BlackBerry themselves. A lot of the 'problems' appearing here aren't even really problems, just folks don't know how to address them correctly due to not being familiar with Android in general.
    Please preach to the choir some more!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-18-15 10:14 AM
61 123