Hi all,

I am still the lone hangout on BlackBerry 10 amongst my close group of friends. Almost all of them have upgraded to the Priv and a few will purchase the Keyone.

A bunch of us got together for dinner and our one buddy was frustrated with the lag and slowness of his carrier locked device. Nobody else has any issues with theirs.

Since I am the resident Crackberry user amongst us, what advice can I offer him? I suggested he clear his cache to improve the performance but outside of making sure his OS is up to date I am not sure. How does one clear a casche on the Priv?

Also he is a Telus user, can any of them chime in on what the latest software release is out there? I want to cross check to make sure he is up to date.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 04:16 PM
    Hi all,

I am still the lone hangout on BlackBerry 10 amongst my close group of friends. Almost all of them have upgraded to the Priv and a few will purchase the Keyone.

A bunch of us got together for dinner and our one buddy was frustrated with the lag and slowness of his carrier locked device. Nobody else has any issues with theirs.

Since I am the resident Crackberry user amongst us, what advice can I offer him? I suggested he clear his cache to improve the performance but outside of making sure his OS is up to date I am not sure. How does one clear a casche on the Priv?

Also he is a Telus user, can any of them chime in on what the latest software release is out there? I want to cross check to make sure he is up to date.

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    Clear Cache: Main Settings, Storage/USB, Internal Storage.... There will be some calculating to fill in values. Cached Data is one of those items. Select it and you will be offered a choice: Cancel/OK Select OK to clear the cache. Some suggests rebooting after clearing the cache.
    05-28-17 04:37 PM
    I would also check to see what apps he has installed and the settings on each. Social apps often can cause issues because of background syncing.

One more thing, he may have a faulty SD card or he may have set his external SD card as internal memory. That can cause lag.
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-30-17 06:22 AM